Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea just waiting for my results on Thursday so I can send the application 

Ahhh good luck!!! Hope it all goes well! You'll have to let us know! (If you want, no pressure lol)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    And it makes my dad super angry and he says everyone should go back to where they live and stop travelling to here!! And they he gets aggressive behaviors and gets really bad road rage which really scares me if im in the car with him!!

Should be a thing like Dubai did and get a permit to leave the house that the police have to approve..so you could do things but not go to the beach.
    Think the UK would benefit this. "Can't visit the beach unless you live in within 5 miles of it"
    That would be a god send!!! Means I could use the beach again ahaha

Literally..you had to do it online and the police approve it and it means that you can pass police checks because you just show ID and it's your details are on system

Move over Boris. Meg has got this
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Just messaged my supervisor at work asking if we’re allowed to wear black culottes to work, I can’t imagine having to wear tight jeans next week 
    Also do you have manager one Facebook ? 

I feel like my place as group and I’ve never been invited and been there for years lol
    I have my supervisors and like one of my managers on Facebook, I just asked joined the Facebook group lol. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    I doubt I’ll even get shortlisted 

@Shaunie pretty random 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I reckon you will! Think positive @Millie2787

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    What’s random lol?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I’ve just realised it’s not on the hospital site it’s down by the Catholic school 🤭 oh well it’s even more on my bus route 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I can help with buses. It's by me, I can look and tell you which one you need. @Millie2787
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    And it makes my dad super angry and he says everyone should go back to where they live and stop travelling to here!! And they he gets aggressive behaviors and gets really bad road rage which really scares me if im in the car with him!!

Should be a thing like Dubai did and get a permit to leave the house that the police have to approve..so you could do things but not go to the beach.
    Think the UK would benefit this. "Can't visit the beach unless you live in within 5 miles of it"

Literally..you had to do it online and the police approve it and it means that you can pass police checks because you just show ID and it's your details are on system

yess, we’ll just get u in charge you’ll get it sorted ahaha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    I still don’t know how I’m getting my results on Thursday as apparently my school are emailing but they haven’t gotten in touch with me at all about it!!

• Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

yess, we’ll just get u in charge you’ll get it sorted ahaha

Wooooo
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    hi everyone

• Options
    Face visor are good to use. Seeing more and more people wear them out
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    hi everyone

Hey how are you?
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    I still don’t know how I’m getting my results on Thursday as apparently my school are emailing but they haven’t gotten in touch with me at all about it!!

Can you ring them tomorrow and ask?
  • Options
    I’m gonna head to bed just read something that’s upset me 
  • Options

Hope you are ok 💕
  • Options
    Take care Millie <3
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Hey everyone hope yous are all alright <3

@GreenTea I’m doing ok thanks I had a drink which was a bit of a bad idea aha but yeah feeling a tiny bit better. How are you 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

I don’t know who to contact since schools closed so there is limited contacts 

• Options
    Lots of hugs, hope your alright <3 take care 

• Options
    my partner’s internet is so much faster than mine it’s amazing 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Don't drink on them! Lol to be fair I did but shhh. Please just be careful!!
    Did you update your laptop? @independent_
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Ah th true.. erm maybe they will send out an email on the day containing results?
  • Options
    I think teddy has anxiety :(
  • Options
    my partner’s internet is so much faster than mine it’s amazing 

Wooooooo haha bout time you had good internet
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Ah th true.. erm maybe they will send out an email on the day containing results?
    Yeah apparently they are emailing but since I’m year 12 not 13 and the only year 12 getting results they’ve probs forgotten about me again as they often do, I’m hoping they send them to my school email!! But if they don’t I’m going to be emailing them!! 

• Options
    @GreenTea I’m being so careful with the alcohol I didn’t even have that much. I’m normally a big drinker but I didneed to cut it down really.

Not updated it yet might do that tomorrow 
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Yeah apparently they are emailing but since I’m year 12 not 13 and the only year 12 getting results they’ve probs forgotten about me again as they often do, I’m hoping they send them to my school email!! But if they don’t I’m going to be emailing them!! 

Ring on results day. The results get sent to school so people should be there
  • Options
    This internet is just perfect. I’d love this to be my internet. I’ve got phone service as well