Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    EGM said:
    Hello!
    Hey Hey!! How are you?
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    I'm alright. Got nothing to do but it's not time for sleep yet
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    EGM said:
    Hello!

Hellooo
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    @EGM helloooo!!!! hope you're doing well <3 

@GreenTea aha I've always done that too, it's always been a habit of mine and my nails are so short aha. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    my laptop just died when I was in the middle of typing a message ahahaha
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    my laptop just died when I was in the middle of typing a message ahahaha
    Ohh no my laptop loves to die on my when I need it most aha

• Options
    @Starlight mine too aha, the battery in my laptop is utterly shit, it's not even that old a laptop but the battery in it has always been terrible from the day I got it. So i switched it on just before Group Chat at 8 and it was at 99%, and then it died just after 11. Now that I write that down it doesn't sound that bad but 3 hours goes in quickly aha. 
  • Options
    The battery life on my laptop is pretty decent but it just dies at the most inconvenient times. Earlier during GC I jumped off my bed to plug it in. Just in time 
  • Options
    @EGM ahaha, me too, when I used to take mine to college it'd often die when I was in the middle of writing something important - that was especially annoying. I hate when it dies during chat though, it's like I feel like I've missed loads of messages aha. My old laptop's battery was even worse, and one day it just died completely and never revived itself (I tried replacing the battery that didn't work aha) but it was incredibly old. 
  • Options
    My laptop lives plugged in because the battery is so bad
  • Options
    I should sleep because work tomorrow but I'm so just happy chilling
  • Options
    @GreenTea That was my old laptop. I had replaced the battery and the charger but still it couldn't manage
  • Options
    Ohh I got my tea by the way @independent_ :lol:

• Options
    @GreenTea my old laptop was like that, I basically just plugged it in all the time because if I didn't have it plugged in it'd just die within 15 minutes aha. At least I can get a couple hours of use out of this one before it dies aha, useful when im not near a charger, although I only really use it in my room so I'm pretty much always near a charger nowadays aha.
  • Options
    EGM said:
    @GreenTea That was my old laptop. I had replaced the battery and the charger but still it couldn't manage

Fair enough. My laptop only really gets used to watch things lol so I'm not to worrjed
  • Options
    Yayyy @Starlight :joy: I never did have that coffee in the end. More because I couldn't be bothered making it but I didn't need it anyways ahaha lol
  • Options
    Yeah that's fair enough. I never used it for anything other than that either @GreenTea
  • Options
    EGM said:
    Yeah that's fair enough. I never used it for anything other than that either @GreenTea

Oh haha.
    I do everything else on my phone!
  • Options
    nowadays I really only use my laptop for chat, the boards after chat and YouTube aha, use my phone for everything else 
  • Options
    I use the boards for my phone lol all the time
  • Options
    @GreenTea I usually use my phone but if I'm on my laptop after chat anyways I quite often just use them on that aha. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Hmmm my wages haven’t gone into my bank yet 🤔
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Hmmm my wages haven’t gone into my bank yet 🤔
    Ohh strange should they have already?

• Options
    @GreenTea I usually use my phone but if I'm on my laptop after chat anyways I quite often just use them on that aha. 

Fair enough
  • Options
    @Millie2787 when was it meant to go in? That's really strange hope you get it sorted. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    @independent_ they normally go in at midnight 🤷‍♂️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,557 Skive's The Limit
    Hey
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Millie2787 maybe speak to work if it's not in by the morning? Sometimes they take a bit to process, it's so weird. 
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie how are you?
  • Options
    Hiya @Shaunie <3