Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    GreenTea said:
    Because care homes are full of vunerable and by opening them up, it might allow infection rates in care homes to rise. It's kinda common sense tbh. A lot of people are still in shielding. They are just trying to protect them.
    I get that obviously but lonlieness is a massive killer. If Wear protection then it’s fine. Yet the nurses will go to these GYM so that’s just unsafe in its self. 

How do you know they will go to gyms? Kinda jumping to assumptions there. 
    I meant to say gym or restaurants and what not that’s open. We can never be 100% sure we don’t have it and should be able to go inside and stay far with protection and shit but yeah just annoying
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Starlight said:
    The Care home my mum works at have had 0 cases of Covid 19 still, I don't really get how when all the other homes in our area have had multiple deaths!

That's really good for that home! They just want to protect the people living there. That's amazing to hear 0 cases!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    Goodnight @Millie2787 hope you sleep well <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    My mum feels so bad her residents cant have visitors shes refusing to see any of her friends even socially distanced she says its unfair!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    I just feel a lot of people make judgements and assumptions without looking at the facts and statistics first and that frustrating for me 
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    My mum feels so bad her residents cant have visitors shes refusing to see any of her friends even socially distanced she says its unfair!

It's keeping her residents safe though..
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    Aw yeah. See that’s what I meant with GYMs being open. Nurses can do all that stuff and can catch it from them. That’s cute of your mum
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    My nan died in a care home because of an illness she caught off another resident. It spreads like wildfire.
  • Options
    Which is why it’s way too early to be opening gyms imo
  • Options
    Omg I should be asleep ah
  • Options
    It is really sad for the residents, I do feel for them they must be horribly lonely :(
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It's not to early to open gyms. If you work with those who are high risk, you'd use your common sense and know not to visit gyms etc yet. 

If you can't use your common sense to protect those in your job. I suggest leaving the job tbh
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    It's not to early to open gyms. If you work with those who are high risk, you'd use your common sense and know not to visit gyms etc yet. 

If you can't use your common sense to protect those in your job. I suggest leaving the job tbh
    Yeahh but I live with my sister who works in a care home if I get it she will get it. So it means loads of people shouldn’t visit it then and just not really fair. Gym are so dirty
    but lol yeah enough of corona
  • Options
    Gyms aren't dirty. If you clean the machines after you use them like you are supposed to.. it's not dirty. 
    It's dirty people who don't clean after themselves.
  • Options
    These sorts of discussions make me a bit nervous, such differing opinions everywhere on when things should be opening. 
  • Options
    These sorts of discussions make me a bit nervous, such differing opinions everywhere on when things should be opening. 
    Samee
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    It makes my heart ache thinking about how hard it must be for residents in nursing homes 😢

@Starlight that's fantastic, the home your mum works at must be doing something right!

• Options

They just frustrate me tbh because like i see a lot of things from my experience and understanding etc. 
    Sorry
  • Options
    Can we leave this subject behind now thanks 

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Starlight said:
    Can we leave this subject behind now thanks 
    Defiently 
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 it does me too, I really feel for them and families, but I also see it from the point of view of trying to protect them.

Ive seen a lot of care homes who have been offering video chats with families, daily phone calls, visits through Windows with family outside and residents inside etc.
    Like a lot of care homes are doing their best while trying to keep the residents safe
  • Options
    Does anyone have any plans for tomorrow? 

• Options
    Starlight said:

I have work then probably gonna get drunk with some friends. You?
  • Options
    It's alright it's ok for people to think differently about it.

I think one thing we shouldn't be doing in these times is judging others for doing things that are legal, but that we just don't agree with personally. If someone doesn't want to go out, or can't because of work, then that's ok. If someone does, so long as they're following the rules to the best of their ability, then that's fine too. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Starlight said:
    @Starlight I’m looking after bella tomorrow while my sister and her husband go out for a meal. I also should get my new phone tomorrow 

what about you?
  • Options
    @Starlight I've got another zoom call at 4pm, but otherwise not much aha, how about you?
  • Options
    My weights are in my housemates room and she's not home 😣😣 needed them. Damn
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Starlight said:
    School work and a zoom meeting with my youth group. Probably will spend too much time watching stuff though haha
  • Options
    Ive got a dance intensive 4-7:30 then off to my sisters to bunny sit and stay the night again!! @independent_

• Options
    @EGM watched anything cool recently?