Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    edited July 2020
    Dandelion said:
    I’m not the best singer either lol, that doesn’t stop me singing songs that are way too high. I sometimes wonder what my neighbours think 😂
    yeah same aha, my mum doesnt think im any good at singing so I usually keep quiet unless shes at work hahaha 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,558 Skive's The Limit
    Feel like I actually got somewhere with teddy today! He was focusing on me on the walk
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:

Dragged out the weighted blanket for bed!
    That looks so cosy @GreenTea I want a weighted blanket so bad
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    I have a pretty high pitched voice @independent_ but not so high it becomes annoying. I don't think so anyway aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:

I absolutely love mine. I have also sprayed night spray (lavander and some other scents mixed together) on the penguin teddy
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Feel like I actually got somewhere with teddy today! He was focusing on me on the walk
    Yay! Well done to you and Teddy 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Where did you get your fairy lights from @GreenTea
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Yay! Well done to you and Teddy 
    Thanks! It’s caus he loves his chicken lol. I just need to be Really patient with him
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,667 Legendary Poster
    To be fair, I do sing even though I can't sing. Not too loudly unless no one else is here though ahahaha.

@GreenTea aww, I hope it helps you sleep tonight!!! I've heard they're really good.

@Shaunie aww that's great about Teddy!! It's great to see them doing well isnt it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:

I absolutely love mine. I have also sprayed night spray (lavander and some other scents mixed together) on the penguin teddy
    Ooh that’s a good shout, do you mind me asking what spray it is I’ve looked for one before but couldn’t find one I liked 
  • Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    @Starlight funnily enough I used to be a soprano, then when I was about 14 my voice just dropped and I'm now an alto. My voice is very deep for a female's either way though even when I speak ahaha. 

@pandalover200 yeah it's 24/7, some of us tend to be about until 1 or 2am, but you can post at any time of the day and someone will get back to you :) 
    Great thanks don’t know what to post but will join in the fun!!!
  • Options
    To be fair, I do sing even though I can't sing. Not too loudly unless no one else is here though ahahaha.

@GreenTea aww, I hope it helps you sleep tonight!!! I've heard they're really good.

@Shaunie aww that's great about Teddy!! It's great to see them doing well isnt it.
    I love singing 
  • Options
    @Starlight aha I used to have that. Now I can hit some scarily low notes. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

reenTea aww, I hope it helps you sleep tonight!!! I've heard they're really good.

It is! @ind@independent_ did your dog pull on the lead ever?
  • Options
    @pandalover200 that's ok, it's hard to know at first aha, I've been here for 4.5 years and sometimes I don't know lol it's alright. Feel free to join in here anytime!

Singing is fun! Do you like singing disney songs?
  • Options
    @Shaunie yes he did, to be fair sometimes he still does when he's excited to go for a walk aha, I'll have to ask my mum how she got him to stop doing it. 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 that's ok, it's hard to know at first aha, I've been here for 4.5 years and sometimes I don't know lol it's alright. Feel free to join in here anytime!

Singing is fun! Do you like singing disney songs?
    Ok thanks yes Disney and pop  do virtual video chat singing with my choir at the moment 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:

Ooh that’s a good shout, do you mind me asking what spray it is I’ve looked for one before but couldn’t find one I liked 

Let me get the link 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 what's your favourite pop song at the moment? That's great about your choir and 1-1 singing, my mum is in a choir too apparently they're really good and relaxing. 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 what's your favourite pop song at the moment? That's great about your choir and 1-1 singing, my mum is in a choir too apparently they're really good and relaxing. 
    Yes they are and that’s a hard one 
  • Options
  • Options
    @pandalover200 aha yeah there's so many out there!! I love music, it's actually one of the main ways I relax aha.
  • Options
    @pandalover200 aha yeah there's so many out there!! I love music, it's actually one of the main ways I relax aha.
    Yes me too 
  • Options
  • Options
    It’s nice to carry on chatting to you when boards are closed to take my mind off things hope you can help often too?
  • Options
    @pandalover200 how have you found this place so far? 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 how have you found this place so far? 
    Well only just joined the boards tonight 
    and first group session tonight 
    but great think it will really help me 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 yeah it's really nice to be able to chat outside of chat, support chat will be open again tomorrow evening from 8-9.30pm, and there's also General Chat which is just like this but in an actual chat room. You can join those chats as often as you like and they're on every night at the same time. If you'd like I can send you a link to the information about support circle, I know you were looking for that. 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 yeah it's really nice to be able to chat outside of chat, support chat will be open again tomorrow evening from 8-9.30pm, and there's also General Chat which is just like this but in an actual chat room. You can join those chats as often as you like and they're on every night at the same time. If you'd like I can send you a link to the information about support circle, I know you were looking for that. 
    Yes please and yep sounds good for the others