Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Does anyone have dog walking training tips 😭😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea yeah I hope it stays nice, we might even get a sunset which would be good. Some people I know are camping down there so might stop and have a chat. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Shaunie I don’t unfortunately, apart from giving them a treat as a reward when they do something you want them to do. That quite often worked with Theo then when we got him doing the thing reliably we could stop the treats slowly. Idk if that works on every dog though 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @GreenTea yeah I hope it stays nice, we might even get a sunset which would be good. Some people I know are camping down there so might stop and have a chat. 

Sounds lovely
  • Options
    You need a clicker if you want to be training a dog that's difficult. It's a thing you click every time they do the command like "sit" and then get a treat. Helps train then with positive reinforcement
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    I use treats and a clicker but sometimes he will not listen to me cause he is so focused on the world ha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    I’m finished!!!! Now to relax ahaha. 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    I’m finished!!!! Now to relax ahaha. 

Wooo relax is good. How you feeling today?
  • Options
    @Starlight ooh how was it?? I’m driving to the beach now, will probably be in GC at some point when i get back aha 
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’m not too bad thanks. 

@independent_ good thanks, have a good time at the beach!! I love going for walks along the beach 

• Options
    Hello
  • Options
    hiya @GreenTea how you doing?

• Options
    Starlight said:

Not sure.
    How are you?
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea and @Starlight, how are you both?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:

Not sure.
    How are you?
    Ahh, sending hugs <3 

Im alright I guess, what you up to?

• Options
    hey @independent_ did you make it to GC in the end?

• Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Hey I was in support chat new here decided to join boards 
  • Options
    @Starlight yeah, was in there for a bit and SC too but never said much in SC aha. I wasn't too late home about 8.30 or so.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Hey 
  • Options
    Ah okay @independent_ Im glad <3

Welcome @pandalover200 How are you?

• Options
    Starlight said:
    Ah okay @independent_ Im glad <3

Welcome @pandalover200 How are you?
    Thanks I’m ok but got told I have depression yesterday so  trying to cope with this news 
  • Options
    Hi there @pandalover200, welcome to the boards! It's Elle from SC. How are you tonight?
  • Options
    Hi there @pandalover200, welcome to the boards! It's Elle from SC. How are you tonight?
    Oh yes Elle we spoke you know my issues I’m doing ok 
  • Options
    Hope you alright @pandalover200 and if you need to talk about how your feeling you can always start your own discussion were all here to support one another, so were all here for you!! <3

• Options
    @pandalover200 yes, we did, I'm glad you joined the boards! If you'd like support from the boards, then probably the best place to post about how your feeling would be the health and wellbeing section. 

This thread is here for general chit chat and is a really good distraction if you're not feeling good. It's similar to the General Chat room, but just on the boards!! 
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    Hope you alright @pandalover200 and if you need to talk about how your feeling you can always start your own discussion were all here to support one another, so were all here for you!! <3
    Thanks I’m fine hope this  general chit chat will take my mind off it glad you are here for me 
    I have started my own   Chat too
  • Options
    @pandalover200 yes, we did, I'm glad you joined the boards! If you'd like support from the boards, then probably the best place to post about how your feeling would be the health and wellbeing section. 

This thread is here for general chit chat and is a really good distraction if you're not feeling good. It's similar to the General Chat room, but just on the boards!! 
    Yes I posted in health and well-being 
    and thanks hope this one takes my mind off it !!
  • Options
    @pandalover200 if you want a distraction you are definitely in the right place!! 

• Options
    Starlight said:
    @pandalover200 if you want a distraction you are definitely in the right place!! 
    Yes I do need it