Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited July 2020
    I think it sucks and defeats the whole point of support chat when it's too busy and a lot of people don't actually get support.
    From my experience in the past anyway. I found people beg and guilt trip when j did use it.

I would just get frustrated and annoyed and say things I shouldn't, which I regret. Because I wasted an opportunity by doing so, I wasted the opportunity to gain peer to peer support through direct conversation.

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @Starlight aha yeah and I only really ever go in there if I'm like struggling to be general in GC lol. I've had some brilliant support chats though so they can be amazing too.

@GreenTea aww that's so lovely, I think a lot of it is knowing you've been heard that makes all the difference :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    It’s funny I only ever used to go in SC and it was fine but I then tried GC and now I can’t go back aha. And yeah I like support circle cos you don’t feel like your burdening one person since there are multiple people there to listen and you get the chance and space to say what you need to get out!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    General chat is just funny, I laugh nearly every night :lol:
  • Options
    @pandalover200 yes, I hope we made you feel welcome :) yeah it's ok to repeat something if it's not seen especially in a busy chat like that one. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yh, the structure allowing Everyone to be heard and get support is less stressful and really beneficial
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    support circle overwhelmes me lol. I don’t like all attetion on me. As much as I seem to be the type of person who would 😂but it makes me feel so overwhelmed I suddenly have nothing to say lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    @pandalover200 yes, I hope we made you feel welcome :) yeah it's ok to repeat something if it's not seen especially in a busy chat like that one. 
    Yes you did good I worried about reparting night try general tomorrow 
  • Options
    Sounds like its good we've got all the options then lol.. somethings work for some which don't work for others. i dont find SC helpful personally but i do enjoy or and cr :D
  • Options
    Liam said:
    General chat is just funny, I laugh nearly every night :lol:
    Yes :lol: i love GC always lifts my mood ahahaha and I always get a little laugh out of it too aha

• Options
    If it wasn't for support circle..and Elena and @Laine
    I'd be so lost and probably would of given up trying to live.
    It gives me hope you know. Hope that people care and hope that I matter 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    support circle overwhelmes me lol. I don’t like all attetion on me. As much as I seem to be the type of person who would 😂but it makes me feel so overwhelmed I suddenly have nothing to say lol
    I guess it’s not for everyone Shaunie and that’s alright as long as you have other ways to get support and you say SC works good for you so that’s brilliant <3

• Options
    im thinking about last night now when @eleanor was talking to herself :lol: i was cracking up
  • Options
    @Liam yes that got me so hard!! Bless her though she had no clue what was going on 

• Options
    @pandalover200 I'll probably be in General tomorrow, it can be good if you just want a chit chat like this and is often less busy than support chat. Chats at the weekend also tend to be a little quieter sometimes. 

@Liam ahaha yes! GC is brilliant! Some of the things we talk about in there are classic. 

@Shaunie I do know what you mean actually, it's like all the attention is on one person. It's really interesting to hear what different people find helpful in a chat though!
  • Options
    Yeah it’s good not all the same otherwise one room would be overwhelmed with people and wouldn’t work😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    If you like food or cute animals GC’s the place for you!! Ahaha

• Options
    I feel the start of an anxiety attack so dropping back. Sorry
  • Options
    Yeah @independent_
    its like in real life I don’t mind there being loads of small little group and all talking in the same room but the same room and I talk while everyone listens like no 😂too much😂. I would be a listener on there but I always feel shit at that time ahh so I’m selfish and choose support chat ah
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    @Liam yes that got me so hard!! Bless her though she had no clue what was going on 
    She's daft :lol: bless. hahahah 
  • Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    @pandalover200 I'll probably be in General tomorrow, it can be good if you just want a chit chat like this and is often less busy than support chat. Chats at the weekend also tend to be a little quieter sometimes. 

@Liam ahaha yes! GC is brilliant! Some of the things we talk about in there are classic. 

@Shaunie I do know what you mean actually, it's like all the attention is on one person. It's really interesting to hear what different people find helpful in a chat though!
    Ok will join general tomorrow 
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I feel the start of an anxiety attack so dropping back. Sorry
    Don’t worry lovely, look after yourself! Sending loads of hugs your way <3<3

• Options
    Shaunie said:
    Yeah @independent_
    its like in real life I don’t mind there being loads of small little group and all talking in the same room but the same room and I talk while everyone listens like no 😂too much😂. I would be a listener on there but I always feel shit at that time ahh so I’m selfish and choose support chat ah
    Not selfish to get support for yourself. Support circle is usually full so everyone gets their support :)
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww!! It's amazing that you've found it so helpful I love positive stories like that!!! 

@Liam ahahahahahahah yes that was hilarious! We were all talking to her and she was still talking to herself. 

I've had lots of funny chats in my time here. There was once a chat where myself and @Aidan used voice dictation for the entire chat, and basically spoke the messages we wanted to send into our phones and had to send them (whether they came out right or not). 

Oh and I'm never going to live down drunk me in chat!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Just not today so I got a full 30 minutes support today aha @liam then we just chitchated the majority of the rest of it aha

• Options
    Look after yourself @GreenTea x
  • Options
    @independent_
    hahaha yeah and shes still got no idea. I wish i was there for the drunk chat :lol:

@Starlight woooo all the support! i didnt know else i wouldve come lol
  • Options
    @Liam apparently I was being really funny! But also really stupid aha and kept spelling words wrong. Tad embarrassing but funny now. 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @independent_
    hahaha yeah and shes still got no idea. I wish i was there for the drunk chat :lol:

@Starlight woooo all the support! i didnt know else i wouldve come lol
    I wish I was there for the drunk chat too :joy:
    You might have actually not minded the support circle today aha 

• Options
    Elle you'll have to get drunk again and do an episode two so me and @starlight can have a wee laugh :lol:

@Starlight might sign up as a listener for next week