Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m off to bed, night all x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Goodnight @Dandelion
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,532 Skive's The Limit
    @Shaunie yes he did, to be fair sometimes he still does when he's excited to go for a walk aha, I'll have to ask my mum how she got him to stop doing it. 
    Ahh oh thanks. Feel like teddy is the only one sometimes😭aha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hello @pandalover200 nice to meet you, sorry I didn't say hello before. I had just done mediation so wasn't 100% focus! 
    Welcome to the mix!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    @pandalover200 here you are: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596993/support-circle-tuesday-7th-july-7-55-9-30pm#latest 
    It has today's date on it but the information on this about what support circle is is really good, and if you fill in the sign up form it will sign you up for next week's session :) 

Goodnight @Dandelion <3 sleep well!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    GreenTea said:
    Hello @pandalover200 nice to meet you, sorry I didn't say hello before. I had just done mediation so wasn't 100% focus! 
    Welcome to the mix!
    Aww thanks so much 😀 and no worries meditation is great I just did my first session of that today for an hour on group phone call was great 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 here you are: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596993/support-circle-tuesday-7th-july-7-55-9-30pm#latest 
    It has today's date on it but the information on this about what support circle is is really good, and if you fill in the sign up form it will sign you up for next week's session :) 

Ok thanks are you sure it will sign up for next week?
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    edited July 2020
    I just got promoted whoop whoop!!!!
    I actually do feel like part of a big mix family aha <3 love all you guys!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options

Signed up 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 I'm pretty sure, almost certain it says that on the form somewhere. Give it a go and see if it works. It's a while since I've been in circle myself but (maybe @GreenTea can confirm) I think what happens is the mix send you a PM on the day with the password and things for the session if you've got a space. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @pandalover200 I'm pretty sure, almost certain it says that on the form somewhere. Give it a go and see if it works. It's a while since I've been in circle myself but (maybe @GreenTea can confirm) I think what happens is the mix send you a PM on the day with the password and things for the session if you've got a space. 
    Ok thanks signed up 
  • Options
    @pandalover200 it should sign you up don’t worry 

• Options
    @Starlight yayyyyyyyy!! I love that rank!

It really is a big family here! We love you too <3 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Yeah you should get a message on the day with the pw :)
  • Options
    Yep you sign up and they confirm your place and send a password on the day. I'm currently reserved for next week as couldn't attend tonight. So I will be there :)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I find support circle super helpful! It’s no where near as stressful at SC aha. Today it was empty so we just chit chatted for half of it, it’s never been that quiet when I’ve been before aha

• Options
    I so nearly signed up for today, glad I didn't now as I had to go on that walk aha. It's such a good space. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    That's really lovely @Starlight . I went once as a listener and agree that it not as stressful as SC. I hope it's helpful for you Panda... if Laines still the mod in there she will take good care of ye :) 
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    @pandalover200 it should sign you up don’t worry 
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Liam said:
    That's really lovely @Starlight . I went once as a listener and agree that it not as stressful as SC. I hope it's helpful for you Panda... if Laines still the mod in there she will take good care of ye :) 
    Think I was there that time you were there ahaha and yes Laine is one of the sweetest people!! 

• Options
    GreenTea said:
    Yep you sign up and they confirm your place and send a password on the day. I'm currently reserved for next week as couldn't attend tonight. So I will be there :)
    Ok thanks hope I get a place 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,532 Skive's The Limit
    I love  support chat!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    I find support circle super helpful! It’s no where near as stressful at SC aha. Today it was empty so we just chit chatted for half of it, it’s never been that quiet when I’ve been before aha
    Aww nice hope I get a place 
  • Options
    I find it really hard to get support in SC it's quite stressful and quite often I just say nothing like today ahaha 
  • Options
    @Starlight Were you?  I was very uncomfortable :lol: ... I didn't know how to support anyone at the time hahaha
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @Starlight Were you?  I was very uncomfortable :lol: ... I didn't know how to support anyone at the time hahaha
    Yeah think it was my first time in support circle aha

• Options
    Shaunie said:
    I love  support chat!
    I know that the people who regularly use SC love it. It's usually busy and makes me feel all overwhelmed so i pop in for OR and CR and then spend time in gc cause its chill lol. Im glad it helps you though. 
  • Options
    I find it really hard to get support in SC it's quite stressful and quite often I just say nothing like today ahaha 
    Yeah me too! You go there for support and end up needing support from being there aha

• Options
    Support circle I really benefit from. The time to speak and know I'll be heard, just having that peer to peer conversation is really helpful and like i leave feeling like ive unloaded some of what's going on. I feel lighter and more relaxed after. It's not stressful at all and I just find it a much nicer environment
  • Options
    Yep I kept reposting my message today  to make sure I got the support as it was my first time