Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,620 Legendary Poster
    Vaccine went ok and the nurse who gave me it was really nice, she chatted away to me for ages lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Oooh there cocktail trees are dangerous 🤣

And expensive. £50 lol

I suppose there made room be share between like 4 friends and not 2 🤣🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Ahhh I’m glad it went okay @independent_

Dammm I’m so nervous for tomorrow
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Whats up @LorryTruck?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Oooh there cocktail trees are dangerous 🤣

And expensive. £50 lol

I suppose there made room be share between like 4 friends and not 2 🤣🤣

True that but if I'm on cocktails I like the mix it up and try different ones, not be stuck with the same one
  • Options
    Ayyyy England won!
  • Options
    IT's COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I'm well excited for Wednesday game
  • Options
    Same! In a way it's nice being English living in Scotland, I can support both depending on who's playing lol
  • Options
    Anyone on the boards at the moment?
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    Anyone on the boards at the moment?

Hellooo @Apollo I’m here! How are you?
  • Options
    @independent_ I'm good, how about you?

I'm currently drinking and deciding on a film to watch/just something to do, I figured if I drank I'd be able to fall asleep earlier and fix my schedule at least a little bit, I don't know how good an idea it is but its what I'm running with
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    @independent_ I'm good, how about you?

I'm currently drinking and deciding on a film to watch/just something to do, I figured if I drank I'd be able to fall asleep earlier and fix my schedule at least a little bit, I don't know how good an idea it is but its what I'm running with

@Apollo not too bad thanks, glad you’re ok too!

Ooh what you drinking? Had a couple myself with the football. It might well send you to sleep bit earlier, and you’ll probably be more tired tomorrow night.
  • Options
    @independent_ Pink gin, what did you have? I feel like I could go for a guess and say Baileys but there are a few things it could be.

Any suggestions for films or things to do/watch, I might try to draw and see how good/bad it'll be
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Heya everyone!
  • Options
    Bonsoir mademoiselle Mimoon
  • Options
    @Apollo god I wish it was baileys! I ran out of that yesterday and I’m trying to hold off on getting more to keep it as more of a treat. It was a couple cans of Kopparberg strawberry and lime. What do you mix your pink gin with? I like it with lemonade, but I’ve not really had the notion for mixed drinks recently.

I’d always, always recommend Friday night dinner, I don’t really watch many films I’m more into TV series. Drawing sounds like a good idea though. I’m just (as usual) listening to music and considering whether it should be time for bed or whether I stay up mindlessly scrolling on my phone (tbf even if I go to bed I’ll spend an hour mindlessly scrolling on my phone so it doesn’t really make much difference).

Btw I also got the Pfizer vaccine, the one with the cool name :joy:
  • Options
    Ahh! :joy:

A little bit of French, we love it!

How are you both doing on yet, another restless night??
  • Options
    Heeyyy @lovemimoon how are you?
  • Options
    After reading your conversation with @Apollo ? Tempting to buy a bottle of pink prosecco. :joy:

Other than that, I've been okay-ish. Just kinda riding out this restlessness once again. :joy:

What about you, @independent_ ??
  • Options
    @lovemimoon now I want a bottle of pink prosecco :joy: I do love prosecco, it’s one of my favourite things that isn’t chocolate or baileys.

I’ve been getting by, not too bad, today’s been bit stressful but I enjoyed watching the football.
  • Options
    @independent_ for the most part I'm mixing my pink gin with nothing, cause despite being 18 i need to be sneaky about alcohol, I have some in Pepsi max though, cause I'm a mixologist
  • Options
    @Apollo I’ve never had it with pepsi, I never thought they’d go together lol but might have to try it as an experiment.
  • Options
    @Apollo I’ve never had it with pepsi, I never thought they’d go together lol
    @independent_ they don't
  • Options
    @Apollo now I’m kind of curious what it tastes like though :joy:
  • Options
    @Apollo god I wish it was baileys! I ran out of that yesterday and I’m trying to hold off on getting more to keep it as more of a treat. It was a couple cans of Kopparberg strawberry and lime. What do you mix your pink gin with? I like it with lemonade, but I’ve not really had the notion for mixed drinks recently.

I’d always, always recommend Friday night dinner, I don’t really watch many films I’m more into TV series. Drawing sounds like a good idea though. I’m just (as usual) listening to music and considering whether it should be time for bed or whether I stay up mindlessly scrolling on my phone (tbf even if I go to bed I’ll spend an hour mindlessly scrolling on my phone so it doesn’t really make much difference).

Btw I also got the Pfizer vaccine, the one with the cool name :joy:
    How did you find getting the vaccine? @independent_
  • Options
    Now that I'm a bit drunk the pink gin x pepsi is tasting alright to be honest, I don't know though I feel a little anxious, I should probably stop drinking but I also feel like I can out-think it if you get me, like think more rationally and calm down, honestly its not that bad and I feel a bit better already
  • Options
    @Apollo it was alright actually, the nurse was really nice too which helped. Tbh the worst part was that 15 minute wait, it felt like hours lol.

Now just to try not to lie on the sore arm :joy:

Did you find a film? Something like that might distract you and help with the anxiety <3
  • Options
    @independent_ hahaha the 15 minute wait reminded me of prelims/exams, everyone was finished like half an hour before the time ran out and just sat there doing nothing

Honestly I was a little surprised that my arm hurt, like it wasn't too bad but it was definitely notable, what I did was after sleeping i just held my arm in the positions it hurt and it doesn't hurt after a while, I've heard other people did that too but either way it only lasts a few days

I'm probably gonna just watch miscellaneous things on YouTube or maybe play a game
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I am genuinely kind of relaxed again already, just got a bit worried about something silly but I've realised it doesn't matter, but obviously I appreciate your concern, thanks