Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General Chat- Sunday 6th October 2019

Comments

• Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Memories by David Guetta @GreenTea
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Not heard it I don't think!
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 Haha, that's a plan!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Very random question but does anyone know about any vegan desserts (except sorbet?) I have to do some vegan recipes along with non-vegan recipes for my Spanish homework  (making a menu.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @GreenTea It's really catchy, it's from the 2000s ah!
  • Options
    Jade09 said:
    @Kasa2103 Haha, that's a plan!
    What? The buy sweets for yourself or dress up as the prime minister? I don't even have to dress up. People say my face is scary.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    My English teacher will probably be Pennywise. He is always doing Pennywise impressions in class and putting on videos  (okay okay not always but a lot.)
  • Options
    Maybe I have heard it then!

And kasa. Have a good Google!
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Maybe I have heard it then!

And kasa. Have a good Google!
    Thanks. I am trying but it is hard. 
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 Both! But most probably buying my own sweets, although it's not the same as getting them for free! Also, not sorry I don't know much about vegan desserts unfortunately!

• Options
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Kasa2103 said:
    Very random question but does anyone know about any vegan desserts (except sorbet?) I have to do some vegan recipes along with non-vegan recipes for my Spanish homework  (making a menu.)
    Leaves ;)

always that one lol sorry
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you for suggesting that website to Kasa, @GreenTea

@Shaunie aha, a classic! 
  • Options
    It's alright. Quick Google search and it comes up :) hope it helps
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I hope they help @Kasa2103!
  • Options
    You're welcome, hope it helps?
    BBC good food is alway a go to for recipes!
  • Options
    @GreenTea I agree! BBC good food is a really useful website  :)
  • Options
    Yeah it is helpful. Eton Mess is the best thing ever.
  • Options
    Wanna bake something again
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Jade09 said:
    @GreenTea I agree! BBC good food is a really useful website  :)

Yes it is, However I'm tend to use bloggers to find recipes more now. There's a lot of good blogger websites that don't get recogn
  • Options
    What are your plans for the week?  :)

For me, I will most probably go to the gym tomorrow (as its my day off from college), college rest of the week and on Friday I think I am going out for a meal which should be fun! 
  • Options
    Anyone watching anything tonight?
  • Options
    I have work this week so probably be a very busy bean!
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 mmm yeah, Eton mess is so tasty! 

@GreenTea Yeah, I have heard about there being quite a few good cooking/baking blogs! 
  • Options
    Translating time. Just a couple more minutes (using my phone.)
  • Options

• Options
    There's lots. The vegan 8 blog holds my favourite recipes I cook for other people.
  • Options
    @GreenTea I have just finished watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while chatting to you guys! 

I hope that work goes well for you!  <3