You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Playlist Challenge #2

AbiAbi Posts: 57 Miniposter
edited November 3 in Travel & Free Time

Hey Everyone

Wow we made is to playlist challenge number 2! Like I promised we have a new theme for you all! :o

The Mix is currently partnering up with TOMs. If you would like to find out more about The Mix partner with TOMs check it out here.

The Mix have decided that the next playlist will be themed around this. That is why the next theme is …

Strength

Image result for strength

The first playlist was such a success we have decided that each user who suggests song should only suggest 4 songs. This makes it a lot easier on us when we put the playlist together. Its cuts down the amount of time we spend putting together the playlist and give everyone the chance to have an even voice within the playlist.

I hope that you all have some songs fired up for this theme! The song I will give you as an example is one me and @Aife really like

Fight Song by Rachel Pattern

I can’t wait to hear some more suggestions on this theme!

Butterfly23AifeJade09

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,499 The Mix Elder
    Clearly by Grace Vanderwaal
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Butterfly23
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,499 The Mix Elder
    And Sia- Never Give up

Keep your head up - Ben Howard

keeping your head up - Birdy

“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Butterfly23
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 158 The Mix convert
    Wave your flag played at the FIFA World Cup 
    Butterfly23GreenTea
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,131 Staff Moderator
    Loving this month's playlist theme! All of your song suggestions are great! Fight Song is one of my favourites @Abigail

Here's my song: 

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Butterfly23GreenTeaAbigail
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,153 Mega Poster
    Aife said:
    Loving this month's playlist theme! All of your song suggestions are great! Fight Song is one of my favourites @Abigail

Here's my song: 

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley 

Absolutely love that song. Brings back memories of 12 year old me learning ukulele and keyboard with the rest of my music class. My first song was that.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,250 Mega Poster
    Heather small ~ Proud 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Butterfly23
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The moonPosts: 1,077 Fanatical Poster
    It's My Life- Bon Jovi
    Butterfly23
    edited October 6
    Imagine Dragons- Warriors

Sean Householder- The Warrior Song

Queen- We Will Rock You 

Ben Platt, Kristolyn Lloyd, Laura Dreyfuss, Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen, and Will Roland- You Will Be Found 

(edited because I made a last minute song change.)
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
    Butterfly23
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    GreenTea said:
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    I totally agree with that.

A warrior. 
    GreenTea
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    Use to be one of my favourite songs, would listen to it daily 
    edited October 6
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    Use to be one of my favourite songs, would listen to it daily 
    Awesome. I only discovered the song from a message from @The Mix (Aife) ages ago.

A warrior. 
    The Mix
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 327 Rampant Poster
    Survivor - Destiny's Child B) A classic. 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 158 The Mix convert
    Cheerleader by Megan Trainer
    Thanks so much for all of your song suggestions everyone! Our playlist is going to be great this month!

There's still time to submit some songs for the playlist if you'd like to take part :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Butterfly23
  • LubnaLubna Posts: 290 Rampant Poster
    Kelly Clarkson-Stronger (what dosent kill you)
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 213 Moderator
    edited October 22
    Hey everyone 😊

There has been some awesome suggestions for the playlist this month! I’ll definitely enjoy listening to the songs you all mentioned 💗

I have put the link to the playlist so far, there is still time for more songs to be added for this months playlist if anyone wants to, it would be good to get a few more! 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5DfLUQCgrB4iUNlgvMMMu8

Also I just thought that I would share a song that represents strength and it is Warrior by Demi Lovato 😊

Jade 
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 86 Moderator
    I really like the theme for this month's playlist :) @Shaunie I love all of Ben Howards songs and Demi Lovato is great @Jade09 !

Rainbow by Kesha
    This is Me by The Greatest Showman
    Shooting Star by Owl City
    The Middle by Jimmy Eat World

AifeButterfly23Jade09
    Ooh I love This Is Me from The Greatest Showman. Great choice @PoppyB
    Aife said:
    Ooh I love This Is Me from The Greatest Showman. Great choice @PoppyB
    I have to agree. Had to do a dance to it in year 7. I ended up not doing the dance because 11 year old me had really bad anxiety when it came to dance.

A warrior. 
    Aife
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,014 I eat threads for breakfast
    edited October 23
    Labi Siffre - (Something Inside) So Strong
    Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
    The Seige - I Am Defiant
    Queen - We Are The Champions
    Jade09
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald TardisPosts: 119 The Mix convert
    King by lauren aquilina x
    Amazing song about not letting things defeat you, 'you can be king again' 

My feelings are bigger on the inside. People get me wrong.
     "Sometimes the only choices you have are wrong ones but you still have to choose"-Peter Capaldi, 12th Doctor  ❤️

Jade09
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald TardisPosts: 119 The Mix convert
    Alessia Cara 'Scars to your beautiful' and 'wild things' 

Whats the other one called, I'd like to add it  =)
    My feelings are bigger on the inside. People get me wrong.
     "Sometimes the only choices you have are wrong ones but you still have to choose"-Peter Capaldi, 12th Doctor  ❤️

AifeJade09
    Alessia Cara 'Scars to your beautiful' and 'wild things' 

Whats the other one called, I'd like to add it  =)
    Omg Scars To Your Beautiful is an amazing song. You got the name of the other song correct  (if it starts with "Find table spaces, say your social graces. Bow your head, they're pious here. But you and I, we're pioneers, we make our own rules.")

A warrior. 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Let it be - the Beatles 
    go your own way - fleetwood mac
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    AifeJade09
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 213 Moderator
    edited October 27
    Hey Everyone!

Some more awesome suggestions there! Keep them coming!, we also posted on Instagram about the playlist, and have received a few more ideas from there to add on :) 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5DfLUQCgrB4iUNlgvMMMu8 - Here is the link to the playlist, if anyone fancies having a listen!  <3

Jade x