Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Playlist Challenge #2

AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey Everyone

Wow we made is to playlist challenge number 2! Like I promised we have a new theme for you all! :o

The Mix is currently partnering up with TOMs. If you would like to find out more about The Mix partner with TOMs check it out here.

The Mix have decided that the next playlist will be themed around this. That is why the next theme is …

Strength

Image result for strength

The first playlist was such a success we have decided that each user who suggests song should only suggest 4 songs. This makes it a lot easier on us when we put the playlist together. Its cuts down the amount of time we spend putting together the playlist and give everyone the chance to have an even voice within the playlist.

I hope that you all have some songs fired up for this theme! The song I will give you as an example is one me and @Aife really like

Fight Song by Rachel Pattern

I can’t wait to hear some more suggestions on this theme!

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Clearly by Grace Vanderwaal
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    And Sia- Never Give up

Keep your head up - Ben Howard

keeping your head up - Birdy

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Wave your flag played at the FIFA World Cup 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Loving this month's playlist theme! All of your song suggestions are great! Fight Song is one of my favourites @Abigail

Here's my song: 

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    Loving this month's playlist theme! All of your song suggestions are great! Fight Song is one of my favourites @Abigail

Here's my song: 

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley 

Absolutely love that song. Brings back memories of 12 year old me learning ukulele and keyboard with the rest of my music class. My first song was that.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Heather small ~ Proud 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's My Life- Bon Jovi
    edited October 2019
    Imagine Dragons- Warriors

Sean Householder- The Warrior Song

Queen- We Will Rock You 

Ben Platt, Kristolyn Lloyd, Laura Dreyfuss, Original Broadway Cast of Dear Evan Hansen, and Will Roland- You Will Be Found 

(edited because I made a last minute song change.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    GreenTea said:
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    I totally agree with that.
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    Use to be one of my favourite songs, would listen to it daily 
    edited October 2019
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Rise Up by Andra Day
    Use to be one of my favourite songs, would listen to it daily 
    Awesome. I only discovered the song from a message from @The Mix (Aife) ages ago.
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Survivor - Destiny's Child B) A classic. 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Cheerleader by Megan Trainer
    Thanks so much for all of your song suggestions everyone! Our playlist is going to be great this month!

There's still time to submit some songs for the playlist if you'd like to take part :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    Kelly Clarkson-Stronger (what dosent kill you)
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited October 2019
    Hey everyone 😊

There has been some awesome suggestions for the playlist this month! I’ll definitely enjoy listening to the songs you all mentioned 💗

I have put the link to the playlist so far, there is still time for more songs to be added for this months playlist if anyone wants to, it would be good to get a few more! 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5DfLUQCgrB4iUNlgvMMMu8

Also I just thought that I would share a song that represents strength and it is Warrior by Demi Lovato 😊

Jade 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    I really like the theme for this month's playlist :) @Shaunie I love all of Ben Howards songs and Demi Lovato is great @Jade09 !

Rainbow by Kesha
    This is Me by The Greatest Showman
    Shooting Star by Owl City
    The Middle by Jimmy Eat World

Ooh I love This Is Me from The Greatest Showman. Great choice @PoppyB
    Aife said:
    Ooh I love This Is Me from The Greatest Showman. Great choice @PoppyB
    I have to agree. Had to do a dance to it in year 7. I ended up not doing the dance because 11 year old me had really bad anxiety when it came to dance.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2019
    Labi Siffre - (Something Inside) So Strong
    Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
    The Seige - I Am Defiant
    Queen - We Are The Champions
    Weekender Offender 
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    King by lauren aquilina x
    Amazing song about not letting things defeat you, 'you can be king again' 

My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Alessia Cara 'Scars to your beautiful' and 'wild things' 

Whats the other one called, I'd like to add it  =)
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

Alessia Cara 'Scars to your beautiful' and 'wild things' 

Whats the other one called, I'd like to add it  =)
    Omg Scars To Your Beautiful is an amazing song. You got the name of the other song correct  (if it starts with "Find table spaces, say your social graces. Bow your head, they're pious here. But you and I, we're pioneers, we make our own rules.")
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Let it be - the Beatles 
    go your own way - fleetwood mac
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited October 2019
    Hey Everyone!

Some more awesome suggestions there! Keep them coming!, we also posted on Instagram about the playlist, and have received a few more ideas from there to add on :) 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5DfLUQCgrB4iUNlgvMMMu8 - Here is the link to the playlist, if anyone fancies having a listen!  <3

Jade x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.