Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the month - July

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Congratulations to @Invisible_me for winning June's post of the month. It's time to vote on July's post of the month. Here are the nominations:

1. @Shaunie's reply in 'Abuse is too much'
Hiya

just had a read through your posts and sorry youre hurting so much . You said you cant recall some stuff- the mind can block out horrible things as coping mechinise. Esp when our anxieties are really high, can be so intense; and all senses can be highten -like so sureal or not there. If makes sense. So think thats why question if was as bad as thought.& maybe not wanting to believe it happen is part reason too. 

You said you dunno if counts or not. It sounds like it counts and totally not okay to be touched in place dont want. Its your body and you have the right for control over it. 
Ive been in those situations - its awful & sometimes to the other person they cant see that it is wrong & completly normalise it & almost feels like am an object or nothing- so then feel bad to making anything out of it. But youre not an object-Its not okay & allowed that to be known. 

Understandable felt uncomfortable for scan. But its great you even went!

for DBT - dont think you have to talk about your history at all & think about managin emotions. So if want treatment that dont have to- id say thats good. & esp if have BPD. Your health is important. Isnt there way to go round it regards to work? Though i think couselling is good too. Even if first thoughts are not to speak about history & trauma.- sometimes it can feel like shit to first speak about trauma as feels more real. But sometimes it has to get worse before gets better. As sometimes trying to keep it to ourself- it just stays trapped there and keeps coming back & cant keep to yourself & you need that validation. 

sorry if i havent helped  But hope youre managing to stay as safe as can tonight. I feel like the most distressing & loniest thing is to keep these things to ourself so please dont feel need to cope by yourself. Maybe not much help. But we genirerly care and here to listen @ShatteredSecrets . &hope you open up to people you feel can help. 

2. @Eyepatch's reply in 'Going on holiday in summer'
You don't have to go if you don't want to, I've been told to 'snap out of it' and 'buck up' and it just makes everything worse. Anxiety isn't an emotion, its more like a state of mind. Over time and with help you can change this state so that you feel more calm during stressful situations, but right now, if you don't want to go all you have to to is talk to your parents about it. Tell them you are already stressed with uni work and would like to use that time to study, explain how traveling makes you feel and that perhaps by the time the next holiday comes around you will be in a better state of mind. 

Do they know about your Anxiety? Its very difficult to tell people about it, especially parents. You could write it down or ask them to sit down with you because you have something important you want them to understand. They can help you get through this, its hard to tell them but you only have to say it once. You could even show them the pages here about Anxiety.

I don't mean to hurt the feelings of anyone who wrote, 'just go and you'll be fine', but Anxiety is different for everyone. Some people can focus on a situation and temporarily get though events that others with Anxiety might shake or panic during. Its a complicated issue and unfortunately can control parts of our lives for a while. Find a good doctor to help, explain to them your symptoms and you will be able to get through this, it just takes time and effort. 

I know its already July, so chances are the holiday is over, but please let us know how everything went and how you are feeling. 

3. @L100's thread 'Guess the dog bread'
Just thought off a game since a lot of us or most of us like dogs or puppies  we should guess the dog or puppy breed . Don't cheat though and you have to say the full name of the breed  

Let's start of easy:  

4. @Azziman's post in 'Social anxiety. Help'
Hi Abi,

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling - it sounds like you're really struggling right now, but we're all here with you through this. I'm glad that you're able to come on here and discuss your troubles though - it's a good sign that you're accepting that things are tough and you need some help, and there's nothing wrong with that! Having disabilities like anxiety and autism can make our lives really hard sometimes, knowing that some things are simply out of our control, but we must do the best we can to adapt and try and live a happy and fulfilling life. Sometimes, things will get tough, but we have to process what's going on, get up back on our feet, and keep marching forward. I'd definitely look at meditation and mindfulness as ways to manage the stress you're experiencing. But of course, feel free to talk on here as well for an outlet. 

You can do this - I believe you can pick yourself up and pull through. You're strong, kind and confident, and you need to use those to help yourself now, just like you've helped countless others here x

Much love 3

Keep a look out for posts to nominate for August. You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. 

- Aife, Mike & Ed

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - July 7 votes

Shaunie
42% 3 votes
Eyepatch
28% 2 votes
L100
28% 2 votes
Azziman
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Congratulations @Shaunie! You are August's post of the month winner! Well done to all the nominees too! All of your support is amazing :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Aw thank you <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Congrats @Shaunie :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.