Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Meggles said:
    Meggles said:
    There was a stabbing literally not far from me last night. 2 people were stabbed and a helicopter was flying low around the area for ages looking for the man who did it. It's made me feel so anxious and unsafe  in my own home
    @meggles I heard about that , sending hugs and I hope you ok today 💖
    Yh I was gonna go in town today but there's police everywhere still
    Give it a few days and hopefully you’ll be able to go x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
  • Options
    Meggles said:
    Meggles said:
    Meggles said:
    There was a stabbing literally not far from me last night. 2 people were stabbed and a helicopter was flying low around the area for ages looking for the man who did it. It's made me feel so anxious and unsafe  in my own home
    @meggles I heard about that , sending hugs and I hope you ok today 💖
    Yh I was gonna go in town today but there's police everywhere still
    Give it a few days and hopefully you’ll be able to go x
    Police helicopter is back out. It's just flown over
    Ohh I’m sure I saw there still looking for someone who was injured?? It will be ok don’t worry x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Looking through photos of my little niece from when she was a baby and came across one of Nanna B holding her 😭😭
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sending hugs ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Omg. Scared. Think something is wrong
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Want to talk Shaunie?  What's up?  Sending good hugs ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
  • Options
    Awe no Meggles is there nowhere?  Some places stay open till 8 xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
  • Options
    Meggles said:
    Craving tinned pineapple but everywhere is closed :(
    Ohhh @meggles don’t get me started I’ve been really wanting shortbread , is there not a Tesco express anywhere near you there normally open till 8 on a Sunday 💖
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Laine said:
    Well this is gunna sound super embarrassing lol

but lol don’t care. Anyway I was getting changed after work and like suddenly really needed a wee eventho I didn’t even need a wee before and then yeah can guess the embarrassing part and basically weed myself hahaha. Is that normal. That’s never happened to me lol. . That I can remeber. and now scared I’m incontinent or something and would happen when I’m not at home or something. And my back hurts  But yeah tbh I should be questioning if I have health anxiety at this rate - just by looking at my google searches
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Laine said:
    Well this is gunna sound super embarrassing lol

but lol don’t care. Anyway I was getting changed after work and like suddenly really needed a wee eventho I didn’t even need a wee before and then yeah can guess the embarrassing part and basically weed myself hahaha. Is that normal. That’s never happened to me lol. . That I can remeber. and now scared I’m incontinent or something and would happen when I’m not at home or something. And my back hurts  But yeah tbh I should be questioning if I have health anxiety at this rate - just by looking at my google searches
    Ive done that before @shauine so your not alone in it , might of just had a moment where your bladder was slightly weaker <3
  • Options
    Attucally feel disgusted with myself 🤕
  • Options
  • Options
    SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Sorry to hear things are hard for you @Millie2787 and @Meggles. Sending you hugs from me and my kitty <3
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
  • Options
    Sending hugs @Millie2787

Awe no get better soon @Meggles !
    hugs ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Really struggling right  now and have to go out tonight and pretend everything is fine  :'( 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Loads of hugs bubbles!  ❤ take it easy Xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Possible Trigger around suicidal thoughts 

Omg i so wish i was dead right now. Life is shit and we all die. What is the actual point in staying anymore. 
    Though i am safe atm cause dont want to ruin my families new year with them worry if they can afford a funeral. And also emergancy services will be super busy today without needing to pick up a dead girl

• Options
    Listening to Angels by birdy is making me think another year to come without Nanna B and Nanna S and little baby A  who graced us with his presence all to soon 💙😩
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:

Omg i so wish i was dead right now. Life is shit and we all die. What is the actual point in staying anymore. 
    Though i am safe atm cause dont want to ruin my families new year with them worry if they can afford a funeral. And also emergancy services will be super busy today without needing to pick up a dead girl

oh Shaunie :(

I saw you're not using your account for a few days as you're in crisis? I just wanted to send best wishes and love. I can see you're evidently really struggling right now. I know I'm just a useless stranger on the web but if you ever want to vent or there's by any chance any way I can help, feel free to pm me anytime <3

I know saying this isn't of any use but things can get better dude.
  • Options
    i have 8 exam papers to do bu just looking at the booklet is giving me so much anxiety - Now how the fuck am i ment to do them :anguished:
  • Options
    i have 8 exam papers to do bu just looking at the booklet is giving me so much anxiety - Now how the fuck am i ment to do them :anguished:
    That sucks <3 I'm sure you can do it though, you might find it's easier once you're doing them?
  • Options
    That sucks <3 I'm sure you can do it though, you might find it's easier once you're doing them?
    @kathleen0172 ive managed to do one of them - not sure how im going to do the rest :frown:
  • Options
    @kathleen0172 ive managed to do one of them - not sure how im going to do the rest :frown:
    Sure you'll get there bud, must be sucky though:(
  • Options
    ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    That's great that you've managed one of them @Millie2787 ! That's one more than you'd done before. Try to take them one at a time and maybe set some rewards for yourself for after you manage to get each one done (whether that's a tasty treat, or an episode of your favourite tv programme, or anything else you like). You can do it! 
  • Options
    ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Shaunie said:

Hi @Shaunie , I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling with suicidal thoughts. They get to me this time of year too. I think it's partly because we're forced to appear happy to everyone else and everyone else seems to be happy and carefree, whilst we still feel miserable and terrible inside. New Year certainly isn't "happy" for all of us. Can you put your finger on anything specific that's causing you to feel so hopeless about your life? 
  • Options
    thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    In agony body is giving up on me just need a cuddle and a hug 😭😭😭
This discussion has been closed.