Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bullying: Where does it begin

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by monocrat
    Why not?

not really answering the question is it?

in fact, you've hardly answered any of the questions levelled at you, you've just hidden behind deliberately controversial remarks.
  • Options
    I answered by saying I would readily do such a thing.
  • Options

no you didn't, actually.
  • Options
    Monocrat you are walking down the street minding your own business. As you walk past A lad calls you a "F****ng Wanker" then he decides he would like to play football with your head.
    Could you tell me how you would feel? Would you think that because you were walking down the street you deserved what you got?

or lets set another scenario

You have real bad acne, you wear glasses, you have big ears, you have ginger hair and not the best looking guy out of the bunch. So as you are again walking down the street minding your own business a lad again decides to start calling you names, things like Freak, ugly barsteward, wanker and all the rest. You think this is fine because you deserve it?

These things happen in real life, in that big bad world out there. People are verbally abused or to the extent of beating.
  • Options
    Becky I don't think you should Mono a wanker - after all wanking is a natural human thing to do and from what he says I seriously wonder whether Monocrat has any humanity in him.

I'm also starting to wonder if he isn't some sort of automated computer just designed to come out with obtuse questions... :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Monocrat you are walking down the street minding your own business. As you walk past A lad calls you a "F****ng Wanker" then he decides he would like to play football with your head.
    Could you tell me how you would feel? Would you think that because you were walking down the street you deserved what you got?

Being called a 'wanker' doesn't hurt me.
    You have real bad acne, you wear glasses, you have big ears, you have ginger hair and not the best looking guy out of the bunch. So as you are again walking down the street minding your own business a lad again decides to start calling you names, things like Freak, ugly barsteward, wanker and all the rest. You think this is fine because you deserve it?

[/B]

That's not my concern.
  • Options
    Better yet Beck, let him find himself in need of a blood transfusion someday and by a failure of the screening process contract HIV from a tainted batch. As he's struggling to come to terms with the fact that his life expectancy is now on a downward spiral let him be assailed by ignorant twats who tell him he deserves to die.

Id like to see him defend that view then.
  • Options
    Being called a 'wanker' doesn't hurt me.

what about when he plays football with your head? oh dear you cant remember that can you because your on a life support machine at your local hospital :rolleyes:
  • Options
    That's not my concern.

will you stop with the one liners that have nothing to do with what's being asked of you?!
  • Options
    Come now sharpy, isnt it obvious he doesn't have the intellectual capacity for anything more?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Come now sharpy, isnt it obvious he doesn't have the intellectual capacity for anything more?

i'm always too optimistic for my own good.
  • Options
    Ah well, at least it keeps Kermy from losing all hope, eh? ;)
  • Options

Now that's not fair Clan, it's just his programmers don't have the software to move Microsoft Monocrat v1.0 from the obtuse questions stage to more stimulating intellectual debate.

He's an automated computer debater - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Incidentally that is also why it's pointless replying to anything he says as it will just lead to more obtuse questions rather than statements to back up his "arguments".

Microsoft Monocrat v2.0 should be released soon (one hopes!)
  • Options

Id like to see him defend that view then. [/B]

Probably come out with the dribble that he's already put here, I mean in his words:

That would not be my concern.........yeah right its not his concern that he needed a blood transfusion and the batch that he received was the one which he contracted H.I.V from.
  • Options

No, you didn't. So "Why not?"
  • Options
    Ah well, at least it keeps Kermy from losing all hope, eh? ;)

IM not that bad:p
  • Options
    Re: Bullying: Where does it begin
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Why do kidds/adults get bullied? Because there quite, more bright, have somthing others want?

Do you think schools most of all don't really do much in bulling situations? My school and other people who I've spoke to said that their school more or less ignore it. Why?

i havent read the whole thread yet but i wanted to put in my 2pence anyway.
    i was bullied most of my school life.....i dnt even know why, the other children said it was because i was strange, ugly and a complete freak. no one in my art class new my name...they called me freak and if i didnt respond they would break something when the teacher was out of the room and the whole class would blame it on me and i would get in shit for it.
    i got my head slamed against a wall, thrown on the floor, and was verbally abused for the whole 5 years i was at school.
    and what did the teachers do.....FUCK ALL! at first they tried having meetings wit the tudents who were taunting me but there were to many to keep doing that. then they sujested to me that the arrange a friend ship circle for me...this ment they would announce in assembally thay i was a loner and needed people to pretend to like me. it got so bad that i tried to take my life and what did the school do.....told me off, said that i was just copying other people (a mate of mine had attempted a few weeks before for the same reasons) it made me feel so much worse abot myself.
    i started skipping school and stuff and i got in more trouble from that. the school was such a shit hole. the teachers didnt know how to keep the students safe. and my school was supposed to have the best bullying stopping scheme in the bourgh.
  • Options
    ok ive read it.....mono you are a twat head sorry but you are. speacking from my own experance(sp) how can you say that i deserved what i got? i didnt do anything to prevoke the other students i was just there. it didnt make me stronger, if anything it turned me into a girl that has to constantly pretend to be happy so not to upset others. i have to work my arse off now to make sure i am liked by every one and if im not i get very nervous and get scared that the person who dnt like me is going to beat me.
    ever since getting bullied i have had nightmares about my mates turnign against me and humilliating me in frount of large groups of people.
    like what happened when i was at school.
    are so saying that its all my fault and i deserve it?
    and i want REAL answers not ur crappy one liners.
  • Options
    Am I supposed to be concerned at what you 'went through'?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    No, you didn't. So "Why not?"

Because I'd have no problem in doing it.
  • Options

yes, frankly. unless you're sub-human?

just stop it monocrat. either contribute properly or fuck off. i'm really sick of trying to participate in debates and being forced to wade through your pathetic statements in order to find them.
  • Options

Wake up to reality will you. We all know bullying is a form of harrasment which can involve verbal or physical abuse. We all know that bullying can be name calling which then goes to power and control over the victim. This is not the victims fault, its the bully who in someway lacks confidence themselves and the way they try to show they are better than someone else is to look big infront of their so called friends.

MONOCRAT
    Let me make this just a bit easier for you, I see you are having problems understanding the questions put to you.
    What would you do if day in day out you were verbally or physically abused. How do you think it would feel to be picked on by certain people on a daily basis. Can you actually understand what it feels like to be bullied, to be scared, to be so frightened that someone may bunk off school because of fear, to feel like taking their own life because the bullying wont stop.

Please stop showing your stupidity and ignorance by answering the questions put to you properly instead of showing such a carefree attitude as though bullying is something that does not exist and is not something to be concerned about.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This is a very emotive topic fraught with personal experience and opinion.

To have a decent debate you all need to express and defend your views clearly and where you feel you must attack, be creative in your response to the opinions and ideas of others but not the person themselves. If you feel like someone is lowering the tone of the debate or getting away from the point, rather than lower yourself you could always ignore them. Always refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.....

If you have a problem with a user please pm us and we will deal
    with it as we see fit.

LadyJ
  • Options
    I think people are seeing the word bully as meaning different things. So some people see it as a baby whining about being picked on and others, like me, remember the fear of a big creep bugging you and making you afraid to go to the beach.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I think people are seeing the word bully as meaning different things. So some people see it as a baby whining about being picked on and others, like me, remember the fear of a big creep bugging you and making you afraid to go to the beach.

The difference is baby whining is your typical playground kids just being kids, the latter one is bullying because they make you fear for something.
    Quite a difference id say :)
  • Options
    I think everyone should really just ignore monocrat. He seems to be devoid of emotion, I get the feeling from the way he writes, that hes a bit autistic or something, theres certainly something not quite right. Either that or hes just a troll wanting to wind everyone up. Dont rise to the bait, if he doesnt `get it` by now, then nothing you or I can say is going to change that.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Come on - you heard what LadyJade just said - discuss the topic not the people contributing.

Play nice or toasters will be warmed up.

CB
  • Options
    Originally posted by ClaireBear
    Come on - you heard what LadyJade just said - discuss the topic not the people contributing.

Play nice or toasters will be warmed up.

CB
    bit hard not to discuss people when someones being so deliberatly provocative and offensive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    This is a very emotive topic fraught with personal experience and opinion.

It's just people seeking sympathy; nothing else.
    To have a decent debate you all need to express and defend your views clearly and where you feel you must attack, be creative in your response to the opinions and ideas of others but not the person themselves. If you feel like someone is lowering the tone of the debate or getting away from the point, rather than lower yourself you could always ignore them. Always refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.....

If you have a problem with a user please pm us and we will deal
    with it as we see fit.

LadyJ [/B]

I'm simply expressing my opinions here. This is only an Internet board and it's not my problem if people get too 'offended'.
  • Options

I'm simply expressing my opinions here. This is only an Internet board and it's not my problem if people get too 'offended'. [/B]

You are not responding to questions put forward to you. You are coming back with one liners knowing full well that you are just trying to take the piss out of people who want a serious discussion here.
    I suggest that you try and answer the questions I have put to you then maybe we might just be able to continue, if you cant answer then what is the point in you replying at all, Im not going to waste my time or effort on someone who can be bothered to even come up with a half decent reply.
This discussion has been closed.