Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bullying: Where does it begin

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I believe you said in some cases people deserve to be bullied thus implying you wouldn't condemn the beating of people.

So if a bully believes their victim deserves such treatment? Despite the fact the bully's reasons will obviously be rationalised by pathtic reasons such as "oh, they're ugly".

Decent human behaviour is a mutual respect and compassion for others. It does not involve unnecessarily objurgating people for cowardly reasons. Bullying is a perfect example of idecent behaviour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown

Decent human behaviour is a mutual respect and compassion for others. It does not involve unnecessarily objurgating people for cowardly reasons. Bullying is a perfect example of idecent behaviour.

In my view, respect is earned and not bestowed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    In my view, respect is earned and not bestowed.

We are born with respect for all other humans, it dosen't have to be earned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002

Why? Personally I feel I am not bound to automatically 'respect' anybody.
  • Options
    Why? Personally I feel I am not bound to automatically 'respect' anybody.

Why has *respect* come into this debate?

A bully shows no respect for his/her victim.

People get bullied for stupid reasons like they wear glasses, they have ginger hair, they dont wear trendy clothes. So in effect monocrat you could get bullied for just walking down the street and saying "hello" to someone and because they dont like you accent they will bully you.

Lets be honest here A bully is nothing, they are not big, they are not clever , they are just silly little people !!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Why has *respect* come into this debate?

A bully shows no respect for his/her victim.

People get bullied for stupid reasons like they wear glasses, they have ginger hair, they dont wear trendy clothes. So in effect monocrat you could get bullied for just walking down the street and saying "hello" to someone and because they dont like you accent they will bully you.

Lets be honest here A bully is nothing, they are not big, they are not clever , they are just silly little people !!!!!

:yes:
    Bullying ruins childrens lives and some find it hard to put behind them
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002

I think you're taking this a bit far. Respect for their life maybe. But not for their actions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    I think you're taking this a bit far. Respect for their life maybe. But not for their actions.

Yes i know not for their actions but if a victim of bullying dosent do anything to be bullied, just being bullied for who they are is wrong wrong wrong.
  • Options
    There's a bully and a victim in everyone.

'nuff said.
  • Options

I think all people get teased for some reason or the other.
  • Options
    people get bullied for numerous reasons one could be that the bully is jealous of his/her victim

i also don't think schools etc can be bothered to interfere with the bullying .... they are all for a simple life instead
  • Options
    I think all people get teased for some reason or the other.

Initially it may be teasing but then it turns into the bully having power and control !!

They tease to begin with, then they take it further to hitting, kicking, punching then sometimes even beating the shit out of the victim.

Please dont come here calling it teasing, because on this topic you know nothing !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Initially it may be teasing but then it turns into the bully having power and control !!

They tease to begin with, then they take it further to hitting, kicking, punching then sometimes even beating the shit out of the victim.

Please dont come here calling it teasing, because on this topic you know nothing !!!!!!!!

Why is 'knowing nothing' on this topic of relevance? Bullying is natural; it's time people dealt with it.
  • Options

a couple of years ago in carlisle, a girl ended up being gang raped by bullies who'd been picking on her for a while. it had got slowly more and more severe, but nobody had done a thing about it.

she tried to commit suicide afterwards.

monocrat you're a fool. this isn't some kind of nazi state where only the fittest and strongest survive. humans are naturally compassionate and caring animals, which is why our laws reflect the fact that most people don't agree with murder or rape. bullying can severely affect peoples quality of life, which they are entitled to.
  • Options
    Bullying is natural; it's time people dealt with it.

I think you need to go and see a shrink mate !!

You are really talking out of your backside, have you taken time to read what gwst has written? so thats natural? that girl should deal with it should she?
    By the sounds of it that girl almost dealt with it by the only way she knew out which was almost commiting suicide. The only way she knew that them scum could not touch or hurt her again.

Bullying is very serious so dont just try to sweep it under the carpet. For once put yourself in the victims shoes, being afraid to go out, being afraid just to go to the shops, being afraid to go to school all in fear ofwhat the bully is going to do today. Dont be an idiot, just for once try to imagine what its like.
  • Options
    I'm going to use monocrat's fantastic argument in another context, just to show how ludicrous it is.

not every single person is a bully, but every single person has the capacity to bully. similarly, not every single person is a paedophile, but every person has the capacity to be a paedophile. thus given monocrat's beliefs, paedophiles are perfectly acceptable because it is in their nature to like to have sex with, and be physically dominant over, small children. therefore there should be no laws against paedophilia, and paedophiles should be allowed to do what they want to whomever they want. after all, they were probably asking for it.

does anyone want to point out where this argument might be flawed? monocrat, if you want to be contrary don't be as thick as shit about it.

as for bullying, it is a power/submissive thing. people bully because they lack power in one area of their lives so attempt to assert it in another, and the easiest way to gain power is to attack the weak. that is why many bullies have problems at home, for instance, and many bullied children bully someone else. it's the weakest who get attacked by everyone, and generally the weakest who commit suicide, for instance. though as we don't live in some nazi/darwinist society, it is no excuse.
  • Options
    I think you need to go and see a shrink mate !

Bullying is very serious so dont just try to sweep it under the carpet. For once put yourself in the victims shoes, being afraid to go out, being afraid just to go to the shops, being afraid to go to school all in fear ofwhat the bully is going to do today. Dont be an idiot, just for once try to imagine what its like.

Is there any reason why I should 'put myself in another's shoes'?

Bullying is just a natural part of childhood.
  • Options

You really cease to amaze me with your attitude. Are you really telling me that bullying only happens in childhood?

The reason I say put yourself in a victims shoes is so you can see how it would feel like to be bullied. Why do you have this attitude? are you a bully? have you been a bully?
  • Options

So is dying of cholera.
  • Options

The reason I say put yourself in a victims shoes is so you can see how it would feel like to be bullied. Why do you have this attitude? are you a bully? have you been a bully?

I have this 'attitude' as it's simply an opinion.
  • Options

You are a hopeless Devil's Advocate, y'know.
  • Options

No id disagree with you. You have an attitude problem, you seem to think its acceptable for someone to be hurt by a bully be it physical or mentally.
  • Options
    I'm not being a Devil's Advocate.
  • Options
    I'm not being a Devil's Advocate.

I was hoping you wouldnt say that.

So, do you agree with kids being molested by older men- its only human nature, after all. Just as your argument goes.

Or maybe little children dying of rubella- its natural. Even if with a small injection we oculd prevent it, they obviously wouldnt deserve it.

Or maybe illegal immigrants- they deserve beating, its only racial bullying after all. Lets kill them all, hound them out of this o****ry- its only natural.

With your attitude youll ahve a long career ahead of you as a Blairite politician, thats for sure.
  • Options
    God, I meant to say country. But its nice to see c*nt is blocked :rolleyes:
  • Options

Would you ever tell that to someone who has been viciously bullied, to their face?

Or going back to another topic tell a HIV+/AIDS sufferer they deserve their present condition? Looking them straight in the eye when doing so.

Most probably not.

Saying bullying is natural is a pathetic justification. Like Kermit has said your argument is flawed; bullying can in extreme forms be abuse and it's end can be with murder.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Would you ever tell that to someone who has been viciously bullied, to their face?

Or going back to another topic tell a HIV+/AIDS sufferer they deserve their present condition? Looking them straight in the eye when doing so.

Why not?
  • Options
    Why not?

Am I allowed to call you a wanker ???????
  • Options
    Ok then.
  • Options
    Ok then.

Ah I haven't yet, I was just asking incase I wanted to.
This discussion has been closed.