Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Peace palestinian style.....

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Far too moderate??/ lol. that is rich coming from you Thanatos, since you have been nothing but inflamatory since you began your responses with invectives like "traitor". :rolleyes:

And Jacqueline, obviously you dont quite understand English being a naive little Danish girl. So simply put, my reference is indeed valid since you are quite likely to hear invectives such as traitor (albeit "race" traitor) issued by members of this well known US group of bigots. The parallel in attitude is what applies here, nowhere did i say he was a member (though without any evidence of his supposed moderation, I'd think he'd fit in with them quite nicely).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    And Jacqueline, obviously you dont quite understand English being a naive little Danish girl. So simply put, my reference is indeed valid since you are quite likely to hear invectives such as traitor (albeit "race" traitor) issued by members of this well known US group of bigots. The parallel in attitude is what applies here, nowhere did i say he was a member (though without any evidence of his supposed moderation, I'd think he'd fit in with them quite nicely).

Being a naive little Danish girl, doesn't imply in any way, that I don't know English.

And for your info, I didn't say that you had called him a member, but
    originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I wonder how far you get within the EU and NATO, when comparing people whose opinions you don't share, with the KKK?

According to my English dictionary (the one I use frequently, due to my big lack of the English language), to call and compare isn't the same. Maybe you got confused by the fact that they both start with a c? :confused: Or maybe it's just me the naive, little Danish girl who doesn't know any better?
    *flushes eyelashes and wanders off*
  • Options
    It is certainly not a penchant of mine to label those who dont share my views so long as there is agreement to disagree, yet I find it interesting that you refuse to apply the same judgement to comparisons of those who oppose Sopite's views with "traitors" to one's nation. How interesting indeed.

Disagreements in policy circles leads to compromise positions not flagrant and unwarranted character assassinations such as has been the stock in trade in these board discussions from a particular faction.
  • Options
    See the definition of traitor could be discussed.
    But I think that everyone is pretty aware of what the KKK stands for.
  • Options
    Again you miss my point. Is this willful on your part or what?

The comparison is not in what they stand for so much as the rhetoric they apply to any who disagree with them. The term traitor has appeared frequently over the years in their inflammtory outcries.
  • Options
    The comparison is not in what they stand for so much as the rhetoric they apply to any who disagree with them. The term traitor has appeared frequently over the years in their inflammtory outcries.

Sorry but that was a typical "mud sticks" approach that you took. You know damn well that by comparing someone with the KKK you imply that they hold the same beliefs...

As for the "traitor" claims, it is apparent that you hold you country in contempt for just about every action, the EU just happens to be one of the US's major competitors and of course they are also anti- a large percentage of current US policy.

Whilst *Sophie's* traitor calim may be tenous, your KKK one has no link whatsoever. It should be retracted really.

Now, if you'd compared him any other sociopaths...
  • Options
    Again you miss my point. Is this willful on your part or what?

Nothing wrong with the receiver, maybe there's a problem with the sender?

I know that football fans who live in one end of town, and support the other ends team, are also called traitors by their neighbours. That could also, among many others, been used as an example.
    But you chose to use the KKK, and I am sorry, but someone doesn't mention the KKK just for the sake of mentioning something. It's serious, and not just one of those everyday expressions.
    Before comparing anyone with memebers of the KKK (or Nazis for that sake), then I would suggest that you please do a careful background check, cause obviously you don't have a clue what the fuck you are talking about.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Ah yes coming from such an expert who clearly understands the comparisons being made without numerous explanations! lol. Fine hon, you continue to accept whatever fantasy you wish. Doesnt change the meaning of their rhetoric any.
  • Options
    Ah yes coming from such an expert who clearly understands the comparisons being made without numerous explanations! lol.

Maybe you should just learn to express yourself better, and with examples with more relevance? Just a suggestion though.
    Fine hon, you continue to accept whatever fantasy you wish. Doesnt change the meaning of their rhetoric any.

Fantasy? At times I really wish. At times ignorance really seems to be bliss. But for me it isn't fantasy, it's reality.
    Being in "mild" actual situations, speaking with first hand witnesses of the rough stuff, hearing from people who actually have an insight to all of this, makes me pretty sure of the fact that I am referring to reality in the region.

Though of course, that can't be compared to all of your reality paper-work :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Now, if you'd compared him any other sociopaths...

YO! MoK!!!

Y'all gots it raht, thisie heah tahm!

cheers.gif
  • Options
    Originally posted by kathybrn
    Thanks to the people who answered my question before.
    Nobody was able to answer your question, were they?

(i.e. "I heard that there were "homicide" bombers in VN, I also heard that North vietnamese sometimes strapped bombs to babies and small children. Trying to use the American military personnels humanity against them as a weapon.

Did anyone on this boad ever witness or hear a first hand account of this happening?"
    )

Maybe you should have asked about Vietnamese people being chucked out of American helicopters. Like you, I've only heard about that, so an eye witness account from Greenhat's aging cheerleaders would be invaluable...
  • Options
    Jacqueline, I already gave note of my field of professional activity some time ago in this or another thread, but like everything else ive posted, those who wish to simply flame or lambast any opposing view to their own, it was obviously ignored.

For your sake though i will reiterate. My principle activity at this stage in my career is as a international policy analyst. I am involved regularly in high level discussions within both NATO and the EU dealing with a range of crisis/response issues including the Middle East conflicts currently at the head of the agenda.

And by the way, the tapes in question are certainly not some aspect of this whole equation within exclusive purview of military expertise. I and many other persons senior to myself in policy circles have seen them and weighed their value. Much is still considered highly suspect as regards their authenticity.

Meaning he actually has zero access to intelligence data....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Meaning he actually has zero access to intelligence data....

Trust an officer to get it more concise:
    Originally posted by sopite

As stated before, the clandestine one is posting BS intentionally because he a) is applying a little dis-information within OpSec, or b) is working in the interest of "his nation's" enemies, or doesn't know because c) he isn't trusted with the information by those who DO know, or d) he simply is not who he claims to be...

What do I think? I think that BS by any name still smells the same...

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Maybe you should have asked about Vietnamese people being chucked out of American helicopters. Like you, I've only heard about that, so an eye witness account from Greenhat's aging cheerleaders would be invaluable...

Check out a Hollywierd rendition: heard it was common practice in that AO... ;)
  • Options
    Ah yes coming from such an expert who clearly understands the comparisons being made without numerous explanations! lol. Fine hon, you continue to accept whatever fantasy you wish. Doesnt change the meaning of their rhetoric any.

A diplomat, huh? "Make friends and influence people?"

ROFLMFAO...
  • Options
    Greenhat, you truly do live in a world of assumption and rhetoric. Inventing claims that were never made by myself nor anyone else, but then what more can we expect from such beligerant and self proclaimed experts. :rolleyes:

Fortunately for the international community we dont have people with such limited scope of reality such as you and (as so appropriately named) you "cheerleaders" adhere to.

I suggest you war dogs go back to your kennels, events are not unfolding as your hawkish predictions had presumed they would, nor as quickly. From Vienna to Brussels to New York and Washington, the rhetoric has worn too thin to impress an increasing number of policy makers and world leaders.
  • Options

Indeed, and your implication was noted, personally I just don't believe that the KKK comparison is even close to being valid.
  • Options
    Greenhat, you truly do live in a world of assumption and rhetoric. Inventing claims that were never made by myself nor anyone else, but then what more can we expect from such beligerant and self proclaimed experts. :rolleyes:

Fortunately for the international community we dont have people with such limited scope of reality such as you and (as so appropriately named) you "cheerleaders" adhere to.

I suggest you war dogs go back to your kennels, events are not unfolding as your hawkish predictions had presumed they would, nor as quickly. From Vienna to Brussels to New York and Washington, the rhetoric has worn too thin to impress an increasing number of policy makers and world leaders.

October 1939 to April 1940

Look it up. Also look up some of the comments made by those of your "pedigree" during that time period.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

October 1939 to April 1940

Look it up. Also look up some of the comments made by those of your "pedigree" during that time period.

Actually, I'd look at most of 1938/39 too...
  • Options
    This isnt WWII (nor even a pre-cursor to such so long as the international community keeps Bush reigned in). That comparison has been discussed ad infinitum in discussions over here and debunked as surface analysis. Saddam is as comparable to Hitler as is Bush depending on what aspects of either man's character, mentality, and intentions are considered. Sorry, just doesnt hold much weight in the current debate.
  • Options
    No, you're right this isn't WW2, so how about we refer to Gulf War 1. Then some people preferred jaw jaw to war war and Saddam showed that you could not negotiate with him.

Now those same people want to try again.
  • Options
    This isnt WWII (nor even a pre-cursor to such so long as the international community keeps Bush reigned in). That comparison has been discussed ad infinitum in discussions over here and debunked as surface analysis. Saddam is as comparable to Hitler as is Bush depending on what aspects of either man's character, mentality, and intentions are considered. Sorry, just doesnt hold much weight in the current debate.

"Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it..."
  • Options
    *makes a spot appearance* A very good point Aladdin, and one which Greenhat and Co. will more than likely dismiss as a logistical circumstance. LOL. Frankly whilst i defer to them in areas of military expertise, they know little about the mindset that fuels religious fanatics, something which i have dealt with both politically as well as theologically over the years. And yes Greenhat, Terrorists, especially ones driven by fundamentalist religious ideologies DO take credit for their attacks, shortly after the fact, not nearly a year later on some "conveniently" found video or audio tapes.

Suppose youll believe not only what CNN tells you but also anything the CIA can concoct from archived video footage of Bin Laden. Youd be surprised bow many analysts are taking these sudden revelations with a wink and grain of salt as Bush's arguments fall increasingly flat both at home and abroad.

Guess that explains the '93 WTC bombing, the attack on the USS Cole and the US Embassy bombings, huh?
  • Options
    Then some people preferred jaw jaw to war war and Saddam showed that you could not negotiate with him.
    You hold that the Gulf war worked out OK then?

If people insit on WW2 comparisons then the hawks defeat themselves.....

A major critique of the 'appeasers' is that they did not make it clear the they would go to war (Hitler never wanted to fight Britain or the US), in this circumstance it is more than obvious that we will go to war if necessary..............
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    You hold that the Gulf war worked out OK then?

Let's see, the objective of the Gulf War was to get Saddam out of Kuwait. Are his forces still there?
    If people insit on WW2 comparisons then the hawks defeat themselves.....

A major critique of the 'appeasers' is that they did not make it clear the they would go to war (Hitler never wanted to fight Britain or the US), in this circumstance it is more than obvious that we will go to war if necessary..............

Hang on, its not that simple. The appeasers stood by and watch Hitler arm himself, so that German forces once again became a threat. They watched him support Franco, start his hate campaign against the Jews, annexe Austria, then the Czechs and in all this time they considered that he wasn't a threat.

Suddenly he overtly threatens Poland and people wake up. Too late guys.

In the meantime a certain MP, in disgrace, called Winston Churchill was warning of the danger - The Gathering Storm he called it - and was dismissed as [in today's terms] a warmongerer, or a hawk.

Notice any similarity?

Now I'm not saying that the issues are identical, but you cannot ignore that there is evidence [apparently] that Saddam is re-arming. he has already invaded two neighbours (both times unsuccessfully) and only a watchful eye and direct action will prevent him from doing so again.
  • Options
    Again MoK that is about as far as such a comparison can go, surface similarities. Further if people insist on citing two invasions conducted by Saddam then they must be willing to acknowledge that the first of those, the Invasion of Iran, was pushed for and backed fully by the US.
  • Options
    Attempting to base government foreign policy and military action on snapshots of history is destined for disaster. The appeasers of Hitler may have been wrong, and it is certainly much easier to claim this in hindsight than it was at the time, when the Austrian anschulss and annexation of the Sudetenland were extensions of Wilson's policy on national self-determination, whilst the German rearmament was seen in the West as a useful buffer against the greater perceived evil of the period, the USSR (arming Iraq to fight Iran, or Osama bin Laden and his Taliban friends to fight the Reds anyone?), but they based their policy of appeasement on one central tenet: the "lessons of history". They'd experienced the sheerly horrific bloodshed of the First World War, often first hand in the trenches. They were blinded by the historical imperative not to let that happen again, to avoid war at any cost, just as many now attempt to justify Bush's oil war based upon the historical imperative not to let the "Nazi power" of Saddam become a threat.

But Saddam isn't Hitler. He isn't an expansionist; 12 years have passed since his modest attempts at expansionism, and he doesn't even appear interested in controlling all the territory he currently has, let alone increasing it. He stockpiles weaponry, but so does Israel, so does the US.

That lessons should be learned from history is a truism, but it is not one that should be, that can be, as rigourously applied as the current hawks attempt to. Neither Bush nor Blair have much knowledge of history, or they would recognise that the comparison with WW2 is so remote as to be worthless. And the hawks aren't always right. If JFK had listened to the hawks during the Cuban crisis, the probability that neither you nor I would be sitting here is dramatically increased.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

But Saddam isn't Hitler. He isn't an expansionist; 12 years have passed since his modest attempts at expansionism, and he doesn't even appear interested in controlling all the territory he currently has, let alone increasing it. He stockpiles weaponry, but so does Israel, so does the US.

Of course he is an expansionist. Otherwise he wouldn't have made those attempts would he? And what will he do when he has nuclear weapons to use as a weapon of blackmail in order to maintain the gains he will take?
  • Options
    The attempts were 12 years ago and he has not made any further since. He does not even control the whole of his country; surely an expansionist would want to do this at the very least?
  • Options
    Originally posted by sopite
    Check out a Hollywierd rendition: heard it was common practice in that AO... ;)
    As fictional as the My Lai massacre, eh?

Your pom-poms are starting to look a little threadbare... ;)