Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is dance music dead

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah, yeah, whatever. I used to DJ hardhouse/NRG/acid techno etc about 10 years ago, went off it 'cos its a fairly limited genre that went down a dead end years ago. I hear enough of it at the occasional squat party I go to and it bores me to tears. Shit music for ketmonkeys.
    whatever?!haha not much of a come back dear.
    oh well, sorry ur scene died, maybe it's just buzzing where I am.
  • Options
    oh if anyone's thinking what the fuck is hardstyle lol get down to Religion's 3rd (3 years might I had, hardly something that has died, more up and coming/coming back) birthday. Daniel Mondello, who won best dj in the world 3 years running has been bagged to play!

Also check out the Switzerland night, looks amazing and I can't wait for it!

http://religionuk.com/
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    whatever?!haha not much of a come back dear.
    oh well, sorry ur scene died, maybe it's just buzzing where I am.

Naaah, the scene didn't die (check out the London squat party scene, its still happening every weekend), the music just got really fucking predictable.
    But if you like linear beats with no surprises, so you don't actually have to be able to dance, thats up to you.
  • Options
    u don't have to be able to do anythin set...u do what u want to music. What one style of music can do to one person, another style gives that feeling to the next person. Dissing people's music taste is in bad taste.
    A hardstyle beat for me takes me to another level, ok i think there can be a tad few many break downs but it takes a good dj to make it unpredictable.
  • Options
    Each to their own, but calling hardstyle progressive is absurd.
  • Options
    calling progressive music progressive always struck me as absurd but so many people think it does progress!
    anyway i never used the word progressive, i said a good dj can make it unpredictable. different people, different ears.
  • Options
    How is a linear 4/4 beat "unpredictable"? How are ten zillion breakdowns an hour "unpredictable"?
  • Options
    rifs....samples...faster/slower basslines......
  • Options
    Oh yeah, very unpredictable.
  • Options
    I answered you question and proved myself right and u answered exactly how i thought you would!
    This convo has gone stupid now, so we'll leave it on a pre-predicted note. I'm right.
    :D
  • Options
    Errrr...yeah, right. :rolleyes:

As I said - each to their own, but IMO hardstyle has no imagination, no funk, no soul and is a creative dead end. The tunes sound the same as they did 10 years ago.
  • Options
    ur beginning to sound like ur theory....and a tad tooo serious
  • Options
    Eh? :confused:
  • Options
    Lets hope the whole Dance culture is dead and buried and wil never rise again in any shape or form.
  • Options
    Lets hope the whole Dance culture is dead and buried and wil never rise again in any shape or form.

why? thats just like me sayng "lets hope death metal just dies and all the depressed egotistical fans die aswell" which is bullshit, dance has loads of branches, there are instrumental dance groups, there is emotion, lyrics and the choons are good aswell, well to me and a lot of others but you can't judge just because you don't like.
  • Options
    Yes I can.
  • Options

Coming from a man who likes heavy metal, a genre that's the preserve of inadequate spotty males who can't get laid...
  • Options
    I am indeed partial to that particular genre, but many others also.

I could retort by saying that those who like dance music are pathetic drugged up nobodies who like having a repetitive beat pounding at their skull until they finally just give up and overdose.
  • Options
    You could say that, but you'd be chatting complete ignorant bollocks, like all the rest of your posts. Get back to pretending you're the devil and wanking over shit air brush fantasy art.
  • Options
    EDM will never ever die. Even if the commercial side of things dies, there will always, always be an underground following just like there has been since the birth of any form of EDM.
    I could retort by saying that those who like dance music are pathetic drugged up nobodies who like having a repetitive beat pounding at their skull until they finally just give up and overdose.

And I could say that would be one very ignorant comment as you obviously have no real clue to what dance music is. It's not all about going out, necking pills and dancing like a cunt. That's like me saying everyone who listens to Heavy Metal sniffs glue & cuts them selfs while listening to some prat screaming down a mic saying how his gonna cut someone open and fuck them... which is not actually to far some lyrics I heard on a metal track not so long ago.
  • Options
    I am indeed partial to that particular genre, but many others also.

typical! People who haven't got a clue about the music thinks everyone overdoses every wknd!

I hope the fact the sceene is alive and kicking really irritates you!
    :)
  • Options
    who like having a repetitive beat pounding at their skull

and distorted palm muted power chords with inane screaming and shouting down a mike is so much more musical and talented, like "real" music and all :rolleyes: get a life
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I hope the fact the scene is alive and kicking really irritates you! (The Matadore that is, not me)
    The scene's changed over the years. Believe me, not everyone in dance music takes drugs!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The scene's changed over the years. Believe me, not everyone in dance music takes drugs!
    lol where have i said it hasnt changed or where did i mention drugs? Or did u quote me by mistake??? :confused:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Believe me, not everyone in dance music takes drugs!

No there's still a few lightweights. But then then they like their music slow anyway. You can usually find them in the trance arena standing still with their hands in the air. They like clubbing, they don't know raving.

I like to rave, fast and hard with plenty of class A's. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No there's still a few lightweights. But then then they like their music slow anyway. You can usually find them in the trance arena standing still with their hands in the air. They like clubbing, they don't know raving.

I like to rave, fast and hard with plenty of class A's. :D
    have you ever come a cross a straight (non drug inluenced) person while at a rave? And what did you think of them?
  • Options
    I know a few people who go partying and don't take drugs. So what?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    VinylVicky wrote:
    have you ever come a cross a straight (non drug inluenced) person while at a rave? And what did you think of them?

Fair play to them, I've been clubbing straight before but it's not as much fun as when your off you tits.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ahhh, but then you get those strange few who dance like nutters longer than the druggies just because they love the music.
  • Options

Hmm now thats a little stereotypical is it not? I like dance music but have never touched drugs in my life....thats including weed.

Yes dance music has progressed over the years and todays stuff in my opinion isn't the same or as good as 4 or 5 years ago so I rarely go for dance nights out any more.

Yes I'm a progressve house fan, but to skive, that doesn't mean you'll find me or my mates standing still with hands in the air.