Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling with life

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tues wrote: »
    They're not joking though, they're deadly serious.

I really don't think I will get through this

You will.Itnwill take time and effort but you will.You're 18,arent you?Have you tried childline?x
  • Options
    You will.Itnwill take time and effort but you will.You're 18,arent you?Have you tried childline?x

I tried childline at one point a few years ago but it just wasn't for me. I couldn't get used to it or talk on there..

I just want it all to be over
  • Options
    I tried childline at one point a few years ago but it just wasn't for me. I couldn't get used to it or talk on there..

I just want it all to be over

Would you be willing to give it another go and see if it helps you now,after a few years break?x
  • Options
    Would you be willing to give it another go and see if it helps you now,after a few years break?x

I'm not sure, I wouldn't even know what to say to them
  • Options
    I'm not sure, I wouldn't even know what to say to them

Exactly what you have said here?I still use Childline as support for me with all the issues i have includin depression, PTSD and social/general anxiety :/ x
  • Options
    It's hard enough opening up on here.. I wouldn't be able to open up on childline
  • Options
    It's hard enough opening up on here.. I wouldn't be able to open up on childline

I understand that but you are doing well on here.You could talk to the counsellors on there?x
  • Options
    I understand that but you are doing well on here.You could talk to the counsellors on there?x

I'm really not doing well on here, I panic so much just about posting..
  • Options

What do you think would help you?x
  • Options
    What do you think would help you?x

Leaving..
  • Options
    Leaving..

This site?Or.......
  • Options
    Just In general
  • Options

Tues I'm so sorry that I haven't been following this thread. It seems like your really struggling and I'm sorry about that. Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?
    Sending lots of cuddles xxx

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hey Tues.

I just wanted to say that you are NOT (hear that? NOT) at fault here. If people don't accept you for who you are then they're not really people. They're drains on you, your life, and frankly you'd be better off without those types around you. Be proud of who you are, Tues. You're fecking wonderful and don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

I think AngelFace's suggestion of trying Childline again could be a good one. If it's been a few years things could well be very different for you and you might find you get a lot out of it. Even if you don't - it's worth a shot right? What have you got to lose? If not them then maybe Get Connected? Get connected have live webchats as well as being contactable by phone, email and SMS. They're 100% free to contact, too.

You have done well here. You are brilliant. Being gay does not take away from ANYTHING you are. In fact, I'm just gonna quote Scroobius Pip now:
    "I may be heterosexual, but I'm a big fan of homosexuals.
    There's many reasons really. The percentages of dickheads in the heterosexuals I've met is WAY higher than in the homosexuals I've met and the general tolerance and openness is something the rest of society could learn from.
    But what I love most...is the way they just took the Rainbow as their logo.
    Bold as fuck.
    "That's ours now."
    Rainbows are AWESOME and they just went, "yep, having that."
    Imagine the meeting!
    "What should we have as our logo?"
    "How about hands holding? Like, some lads hads together and some lasses hands together?"
    "Ooooooh how about the male symbol with another male symbol and the female one with the female one? Linked n that?"
    "Ummmmm...rainbows are pretty fucking cool? I mean, they've got fuck all to do with sexuality, but they're pretty rad!"
    "Do you think we should maybe let race relations have the rainbow? Or multiculturalism?"
    "Naaaaaaaaaaah, let's just grab it. It's brilliant and looks great on everything."
    "Cool, that's that then. Rainbows."
    Love it.
    #prohomo

Thou shalt not question Scroobius Pip.

One last thing - think about what's gotten you this far. What's kept you going? There must be something, you just need to find it. :)
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Tues I'm so sorry that I haven't been following this thread. It seems like your really struggling and I'm sorry about that. Is there anything we can do to make you feel better?
    Sending lots of cuddles xxx

Sent by Sony Xperia

Cuddles are appreciated, thank you lots lovely :heart:
  • Options
    Cuddles are appreciated, thank you lots lovely :heart:

No need to thank me ;) it's what I'm here for

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Hey Tues.

I just wanted to say that you are NOT (hear that? NOT) at fault here. If people don't accept you for who you are then they're not really people. They're drains on you, your life, and frankly you'd be better off without those types around you. Be proud of who you are, Tues. You're fecking wonderful and don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

I think AngelFace's suggestion of trying Childline again could be a good one. If it's been a few years things could well be very different for you and you might find you get a lot out of it. Even if you don't - it's worth a shot right? What have you got to lose? If not them then maybe Get Connected? Get connected have live webchats as well as being contactable by phone, email and SMS. They're 100% free to contact, too.

You have done well here. You are brilliant. Being gay does not take away from ANYTHING you are. In fact, I'm just gonna quote Scroobius Pip now:

Thou shalt not question Scroobius Pip.

One last thing - think about what's gotten you this far. What's kept you going? There must be something, you just need to find it. :)

I don't see myself as wonderful, but thank you Mike.
    I know that mindfull are opening up for 18+ fairly soon and I was on there before so I know the site and I'm so much more comfortable talking on there so I think I may wait until then because I'm pathetic and I hate change.

You and your scroobius pip! But that quote is a good one, I'm gonna save it somewhere.

At the moment, the thing that's keeping me going is next week, also the fact that I care about a couple of people and I'm terrified of letting them down. It's complicated though, because when you're that low I guess you don't really think about it if that makes sense?
  • Options
    They are, I heard about that. Do you know when? You could always look in to online counselling with them if that's more up your alley. :) It's not being pathetic and hating change, it's about what's comfortable. Did you save my one about three stages of truth? :P

Then try focusing on that. :) How would you let them down, Tues? It's easy to be blind to the good things when you're faced with the bad, but having an occasional reminder that there IS good there can really help I think. Like, despite all this that you've got going on, you yourself are a good person. I know it might not seem much at the moment but that really is a good thing, and you mean a lot to a lot of people. You're definitely a good part of TS that's for sure.
  • Options
    They are, I heard about that. Do you know when? You could always look in to online counselling with them if that's more up your alley. :) It's not being pathetic and hating change, it's about what's comfortable. Did you save my one about three stages of truth? :P

Then try focusing on that. :) How would you let them down, Tues? It's easy to be blind to the good things when you're faced with the bad, but having an occasional reminder that there IS good there can really help I think. Like, despite all this that you've got going on, you yourself are a good person. I know it might not seem much at the moment but that really is a good thing, and you mean a lot to a lot of people. You're definitely a good part of TS that's for sure.

I'm not certain of when but somebody mentioned it being over the next couple of weeks. But I love mindfull, I was gutted when I had to leave.

I save all of the quotes. :P

I'm trying to focus on that, I'm really looking forward to it. It's just one of those things I do, I let people down, that's just the way it is. I don't see myself as a good person, I see myself as quite a shitty person.
    I think that's debatable and a lot of people would disagree with you on that last thing
  • Options
    It's just one of those things I do, I let people down, that's just the way it is. I don't see myself as a good person, I see myself as quite a shitty person.

It's worth thinking about whether it makes you a shitty person or them a shitty person. If someone feels let down because you're not how they wanted you to be in their little fantasy, that says more about them than it does about you. I pity people who are so shallow and closed minded that they can't embrace peoples' differences.
    I think that's debatable and a lot of people would disagree with you on that last thing

Maybe, maybe not. But a lot of people would agree also. You'd be missed if you left.
  • Options
    It's worth thinking about whether it makes you a shitty person or them a shitty person. If someone feels let down because you're not how they wanted you to be in their little fantasy, that says more about them than it does about you. I pity people who are so shallow and closed minded that they can't embrace peoples' differences.

Maybe, maybe not. But a lot of people would agree also. You'd be missed if you left.

I just absolutely hate letting people down and disappointing them, but it's all I ever seem to do which results in me hating yawls more than I already do.

Certain people have made it very clear that they hate me and don't want me here, which is pretty shit because I don't know what I've done wrong.
  • Options
    Certain people have made it very clear that they hate me and don't want me here, which is pretty shit because I don't know what I've done wrong.

If anything's making you uncomfortable about being here you need to make it known to the mods by reporting it. No one needs to feel unwelcome.

As for the hating letting people down thing - ever think maybe you're not actually letting them down? You could well be worrying over nothing at all. Snapping to self-blame is a bad habit but one we're all guilty of. Unless you know specifically what you've done to let someone down, you haven't let them down.
  • Options
    If anything's making you uncomfortable about being here you need to make it known to the mods by reporting it. No one needs to feel unwelcome.

As for the hating letting people down thing - ever think maybe you're not actually letting them down? You could well be worrying over nothing at all. Snapping to self-blame is a bad habit but one we're all guilty of. Unless you know specifically what you've done to let someone down, you haven't let them down.

I know, I'm trying to not let it affect me and just deal with it.

It's definitely not like me to worry about nothing at all ;) but it's hard because I always panic about letting people down, even if I've never let them down before and I don't actually know how to stop doing that and it's pretty much ruining me
  • Options
    I'd still say make it known to the mods. At least then they can tell you if they can do anything/what they can do to help. They'll certainly have something to say if something/someone is making you feel like you shouldn't be here.

Not at all. ;) In all honesty though - that's something you could really work on with Mindfull (provided that plan follows through). Let us know if you get any solid arrangements with them in the coming weeks. :) The main thing to remember is that if you let someone down purely by not being who they want you to be, they're just dicks (sorry for my language). Not you. Them. They're the screw ups, they're the unbalanced ones, they're the ones with the problem. Not you.
  • Options
    I'd still say make it known to the mods. At least then they can tell you if they can do anything/what they can do to help. They'll certainly have something to say if something/someone is making you feel like you shouldn't be here.

Not at all. ;) In all honesty though - that's something you could really work on with Mindfull (provided that plan follows through). Let us know if you get any solid arrangements with them in the coming weeks. :) The main thing to remember is that if you let someone down purely by not being who they want you to be, they're just dicks (sorry for my language). Not you. Them. They're the screw ups, they're the unbalanced ones, they're the ones with the problem. Not you.

I shall do.

I'll definitely let you know because I think it will help other people too. Yeah I guess you're right, even though you did use appalling language. ;)
  • Options
    I'll definitely let you know because I think it will help other people too.

Too right. :)

Stay safe anyway - keep looking after yourself and keep us updated.
  • Options
    Too right. :)

Stay safe anyway - keep looking after yourself and keep us updated.

I'm always safe :)
    I'll keep you updated
  • Options
    Just In general

Oh dear.im sorry you feel like that hun.Just remember you are not alone and that we are always here x
  • Options
    Oh dear.im sorry you feel like that hun.Just remember you are not alone and that we are always here x

It's okay, I'll be gone from the internet soon anyway x
  • Options
    It's okay, I'll be gone from the internet soon anyway x

Why will you be gone from the internet soon?x
This discussion has been closed.