Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling with life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't really know how to word what I want to say, so I apologise if it doesn't make sense.

Things just seem to be getting from bad to worse and I'm struggling to keep staying alive, everything just seems like it would be better for everyone if I wasn't around anymore, people would be happier because they wouldn't need to deal with me anymore, I wouldn't be in their way.

It's getting harder to simply do day to day things, it's hard getting out of bed and it's hard waking up.

Everything seems so pointless and I feel so worthless. I'm such a useless human and my existence means nothing.

I just want it all to be over. I don't feel safe anywhere anymore. I don't know.. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Tues,

I don't have much to say, but I wanted to reach out to you, because you're an amazing, compassionate, lovely, young adult, and I'm glad I have a friend like you on TS. #SoppyMoment. Things sound awfully tough at the moment, but it's great to see you've come on here, and posted about it, because that shows a great amount of strength.

Are you currently getting any support outside off the online environment? For example counselling? When were struggling the most, it may seem as though things would be better off if we weren't here, but I can assure you they wouldn't, there are so many people out there that love, and care about you, and always will.

But you've shown strength through posting here, and you've shown compassion with the support you've offer, and you've been a pretty epic banter buddy! I've always told myself that everyone has a purpose, were just not to sure what it is at the moment, and the pain of waiting can be such a dread, but were soon to find out, we leave our mark somewhere on earth, and it will always stay there. (And I don't mean craving your name into a wall ;) )

Would you be able to tell us a bit about what's bought this feeling on?

Best wishes, *hug*
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Hey lovely,
    Thank you for replying :heart:

The soppy moment was appreciated ;)

I don't have any support offline, no. It just kinda feels like nobody would even notice that I wasn't here.

I don't even know exactly what it is that's brought it on, but it's been like it for a while, but it's hard to explain because there are times when things do seem okay and during those times I'm happy and it feels like nothing can change that but that's what makes the bad days worse because it's like a major low after you've experienced that happiness and then you're left questioning why the happiness couldn't stay which then results in thinking and thinking is never a good thing. That makes no sense, I guess I mean I love the good days, but then having those good days makes the bad days even worse and so much harder to cope with if that makes sense?

*hug*
  • Options
    Tues wrote: »
    I don't really know how to word what I want to say, so I apologise if it doesn't make sense.

Things just seem to be getting from bad to worse and I'm struggling to keep staying alive, everything just seems like it would be better for everyone if I wasn't around anymore, people would be happier because they wouldn't need to deal with me anymore, I wouldn't be in their way.

It's getting harder to simply do day to day things, it's hard getting out of bed and it's hard waking up.

Everything seems so pointless and I feel so worthless. I'm such a useless human and my existence means nothing.

I just want it all to be over. I don't feel safe anywhere anymore. I don't know.. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Tues :( I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. It must have been incredibly hard for you to open up like this so its fab you've been able to do it
    You said you feel like it would be better for everyone if you wasn't around, but I don't believe this one bit. I love to see you around the boards and chat, and I feel we have grown closer these last few weeks which is great! :)
    We're always here if you ever need to talk :heart: *hug*
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    You said you feel like it would be better for everyone if you wasn't around, but I don't believe this one bit.

I know it would be better for everyone if I wasn't around, I've been told it plenty of times.

Life just seems pointless, I'm tired of being a waste of space

• Options
    Are you currently getting any support outside off the online environment? For example counselling?

But you've shown strength through posting here, and you've shown compassion with the support you've offer, and you've been a pretty epic banter buddy! I've always told myself that everyone has a purpose, were just not to sure what it is at the moment, and the pain of waiting can be such a dread, but were soon to find out, we leave our mark somewhere on earth, and it will always stay there. (And I don't mean craving your name into a wall ;) )

This. Getting professional support is a step that a lot of people think is too far/never going to work/not warranted, but if you're feeling this bad, and, like you say, if its affecting your day to day life, its definitely worth looking in to. Maybe a visit to a GP? :)

You're certainly not worthless or any of that other nonsense you were saying. WOTH is right - everyone has a purpose. It's so easy to feel lost and useless when things get really bad, but "when you hear the sounds of devils, all else is quiet". We focus on the bad and can't see anything else. It's something everyone's capable of given the right mindset, its just a matter of knowing how distorted it is and what you're cutting form your field of view. :) For instance, peoples' love for you on here. I know it's not the same as people physically close to you but its gotta mean something, Tues. Any time I've spoken to you, you've been a pleasure to chat with and I think a flurry of people will agree with me. Nobody is worthless. Ever.

The good days can very well make the bad days seem worse, but making the good times last is something that can really help. Also preserving them - taking reminders and such of those times and keeping them. :) What are the good times you've been having, and can you think of anything you've got to look forward to?
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    This. Getting professional support is a step that a lot of people think is too far/never going to work/not warranted, but if you're feeling this bad, and, like you say, if its affecting your day to day life, its definitely worth looking in to. Maybe a visit to a GP? :)

You're certainly not worthless or any of that other nonsense you were saying. WOTH is right - everyone has a purpose. It's so easy to feel lost and useless when things get really bad, but "when you hear the sounds of devils, all else is quiet". We focus on the bad and can't see anything else. It's something everyone's capable of given the right mindset, its just a matter of knowing how distorted it is and what you're cutting form your field of view. :) For instance, peoples' love for you on here. I know it's not the same as people physically close to you but its gotta mean something, Tues. Any time I've spoken to you, you've been a pleasure to chat with and I think a flurry of people will agree with me. Nobody is worthless. Ever.

The good days can very well make the bad days seem worse, but making the good times last is something that can really help. Also preserving them - taking reminders and such of those times and keeping them. :) What are the good times you've been having, and can you think of anything you've got to look forward to?

I've already been to the GP this was like back at the end of March though and they prescribed me antidepressants and referred me to camhs, but then I got old and now I no longer see camhs. The antidepressants are still supposed to last me another 3 months but yeah things happened and they mysteriously vanished so I can't go back to the GP because MR Scary Doctor Man won't do anything.

I have one thing to look forward to, that I'm actually really looking forward to, but then there are thoughts about if that goes wrong or if that doesn't happen and things like that.

My thoughts are horrific right now and I just want to curl up in a ditch and pretend I don't exist for a while.

• Options
    It'd just be easier and probably better to end it all

• Options
    It'd just be easier and probably better to end it all

If anyone else here said that, what would you say to them Tues?
  • Options
    I know it would be better for everyone if I wasn't around, I've been told it plenty of times.

Life just seems pointless, I'm tired of being a waste of space

Whoever is telling you that Tues is wrong. It's great having you around and you would be missed

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Who ever is telling you that it would be better if you where not around are tubes my lovely. You would be missed so much if you wernt around. Your such a special person, who does have a place here. I know you will say that your not a special person, but you just can't see it yet.

It may sound impossible now, but I do really believe that you can and will get though this, your a strong person. You know where my inbox is if you want a natter.

SuzyOwl
  • Options
    SuzyOwl wrote: »
    Who ever is telling you that it would be better if you where not around are tubes my lovely. You would be missed so much if you wernt around. Your such a special person, who does have a place here. I know you will say that your not a special person, but you just can't see it yet.

I totally agree with this!

• Options
    If anyone else here said that, what would you say to them Tues?

But that's different though..

• Options
    Its not my lovely. Your a very valued member of TheSite. You deserve to be happy. Your such a strong person. You really are.
    Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_337 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Whoever is telling you that Tues is wrong. It's great having you around and you would be missed

Surely they can't all be wrong though..
    Nobody would notice I'm gone, not family or friends or well anyone really.
    SuzyOwl wrote: »

It may sound impossible now, but I do really believe that you can and will get though this, your a strong person. You know where my inbox is if you want a natter.

SuzyOwl

I'm not strong though that's the thing, I'm really not and I can't see why people think that I am because I'm honestly so far from it..

I'm struggling.. A lot

• Options
    But that's different though..

The advice you would give to someone in the same position is always worth thinking about. I bet you'd have a lot to say to someone who was, hm?
    I'm not strong though that's the thing, I'm really not and I can't see why people think that I am because I'm honestly so far from it..

I'm struggling.. A lot

When people say you're strong, they mean it. Whenever someone under this much pressure with things to cope with in life thinks they're weak because they can't, I just wanna slap them with a wet fish. You're dealing with a hell of a lot more than the people you're probably comparing yourself to when you say you're weak. Therefore, every minute you spend wading through things and sticking it out you should credit yourself a million times more than you are. Think of it like this... someone trying to balance 10 things on each hand deserves a hell of a lot more admiration than someone who's only balancing 3 on each, even if they drop one or two every now and again. The fact you're struggling doesn't take away from your strength at all.

Going back to what you said about your GP visit - they seem to be a bit hit and miss with people. Do you think it's worth giving it a go again?
  • Options
    The advice you would give to someone in the same position is always worth thinking about. I bet you'd have a lot to say to someone who was, hm?

When people say you're strong, they mean it. Whenever someone under this much pressure with things to cope with in life thinks they're weak because they can't, I just wanna slap them with a wet fish. You're dealing with a hell of a lot more than the people you're probably comparing yourself to when you say you're weak. Therefore, every minute you spend wading through things and sticking it out you should credit yourself a million times more than you are. Think of it like this... someone trying to balance 10 things on each hand deserves a hell of a lot more admiration than someone who's only balancing 3 on each, even if they drop one or two every now and again. The fact you're struggling doesn't take away from your strength at all.

Going back to what you said about your GP visit - they seem to be a bit hit and miss with people. Do you think it's worth giving it a go again?

I would have a lot to say to someone who's in my position, yes. But because I don't see myself as being as important as other people I can't give myself the same advice because I simply don't deserve it.

I really don't see myself as strong, if you new the mistakes and decisions I had made then you wouldn't see me as strong either. (Please don't hit me with a wet fish though)

I don't know, the GP always makes me panic and I always seem to end up worse than I was before I went. I can't go on my own anyway

• Options
    Surely they can't all be wrong though..
    Nobody would notice I'm gone, not family or friends or well anyone really.

You sound exactly how I was a few years back. At that point I was incredibly low and didn't think I was worthy of anything
    Its wrong Tues and you are incredibly special and I love to see you around the boards and in chats
    Some people in life can be really cruel. They crave people's sadness because they are insecure themselves. They think that by bringing others down they will feel better themselves. But in the end your left very hurt. Please don't let these people ruin your life. Your the only person that can be you so no one would want to lose you. Your special sweetie and I am very saddened to hear that your so low
    Look after yourself because you deserve happiness xx

• Options
    People make mistakes and fuck up. That's just reality. Everyone reading this will know that and will be able to relate. Nobody goes through life without screwing things up. The key is thinking of them as a learning curve and not dwelling on them - you can't change things that have already happened but you can use them as valuable experience. Using mistakes to better yourself and not to condemn yourself is one of the best things anyone can try and do for themselves. Surviving through the aftermath of mistakes and hardships is what makes people strong - by that definition you are certainly not weak.

It seems to be a lot of people either get a doctor/appointment that really helps or one that really craps on things. It might be worth persevering with just for the possibility of getting a good one. If you're really not keen on the idea, maybe look in to counselling through another route?

Focus on what you have to be excited about, it might prove a good distraction? :)
  • Options
    People make mistakes and fuck up. That's just reality. Everyone reading this will know that and will be able to relate. Nobody goes through life without screwing things up. The key is thinking of them as a learning curve and not dwelling on them - you can't change things that have already happened but you can use them as valuable experience. Using mistakes to better yourself and not to condemn yourself is one of the best things anyone can try and do for themselves. Surviving through the aftermath of mistakes and hardships is what makes people strong - by that definition you are certainly not weak.

It seems to be a lot of people either get a doctor/appointment that really helps or one that really craps on things. It might be worth persevering with just for the possibility of getting a good one. If you're really not keen on the idea, maybe look in to counselling through another route?

Focus on what you have to be excited about, it might prove a good distraction? :)

If I was strong, I wouldn't get upset over the smallest things.. I wouldn't let certain people make me feel like pure shit. A strong person would be able to cut them out of their lives.

If I do go to the GP it will have to be when my brother comes down because I have a lot of issues about going on my own.

I'm trying to focus on it, it's the one thing that's Making me happy right now.. Just want it to hurry up so I can stop panicking about it.

• Options
    If I was strong, I wouldn't get upset over the smallest things..

Not true. If you're holding up the much bigger things in life you're more likely to let the smaller things get to you. In the same way that being stressed out about having a busy week at college or work can make you unintentionally snap at people or be a bit short tempered. If you're trying to deal with a lot, you're going to spring the odd leak. That just shows how much you're coping with and certainly doesn't show any weakness. It's not easy to cut anybody out of your life, particularly if they're an integral part of it (or were, for that matter).

When's your brother coming down? :)

You should talk to her about it, might that put your mind at ease?
  • Options
    Hi there, must be a very difficult time for u at the moment with everything going on when u feel stress and emotional all the time. The medication isn't helping, is that right? If not then hopefully I can go back to and see it GP so they put u on something else. Not all medication works on everyone so finding the eight one for u would be good for u :)

Saying that u can't do the basic things like getting out of bed, making a cup of tea and getting out the house are somethings we all take for granteed and we should remember that most of us are lucky to do not one day not being able to do those things no more. That make sense to u?

Although there ways to get help and support and in that case for u it could just be making another visit to the GP and asking to see it doctor again abourt it mediction. Hopefully u will feel a tad better once u have been there and got that started.

There isn't a no way to think like it not worthy just cuz feel right now that u can't cope as that's not true. Everyone likes u on here and would hate to see u go. You know that u can talk any of us friends at anytime and now u know me u can talk to me and I will try and help u :)

Best of luck with everything and remember to get back x
  • Options
    Not true. If you're holding up the much bigger things in life you're more likely to let the smaller things get to you. In the same way that being stressed out about having a busy week at college or work can make you unintentionally snap at people or be a bit short tempered. If you're trying to deal with a lot, you're going to spring the odd leak. That just shows how much you're coping with and certainly doesn't show any weakness. It's not easy to cut anybody out of your life, particularly if they're an integral part of it (or were, for that matter).

When's your brother coming down? :)

You should talk to her about it, might that put your mind at ease?

But it should be easy to cut them out of my life.. Their being an absolute fucknugget and it's not okay at all but they don't seem to get that. But I can't get rid of them because I'm too busy worrying about them and making sure they're okay and I'm scared of hurting them.

I don't know, hopefully at the end of next month.

Yeah I think I will.

• Options
    You're a very considerate person. It might pay you to give yourself a little something back. :) Your own health and wellbeing should come before anything else, ultimately. Have you tried just telling them that, bluntly? Or maybe just trying to cut a bit of contact?
  • Options
    Star20 wrote: »
    Hi there, must be a very difficult time for u at the moment with everything going on when u feel stress and emotional all the time. The medication isn't helping, is that right? If not then hopefully I can go back to and see it GP so they put u on something else. Not all medication works on everyone so finding the eight one for u would be good for u :)

Saying that u can't do the basic things like getting out of bed, making a cup of tea and getting out the house are somethings we all take for granteed and we should remember that most of us are lucky to do not one day not being able to do those things no more. That make sense to u?

Although there ways to get help and support and in that case for u it could just be making another visit to the GP and asking to see it doctor again abourt it mediction. Hopefully u will feel a tad better once u have been there and got that started.

There isn't a no way to think like it not worthy just cuz feel right now that u can't cope as that's not true. Everyone likes u on here and would hate to see u go. You know that u can talk any of us friends at anytime and now u know me u can talk to me and I will try and help u :)

Best of luck with everything and remember to get back x

I'm not on medication, I ran out of it and it's not as simple as just going back and asking for me.

Honestly no, that doesn't make sense to me. Sorry.

Not everybody on here likes me and I'm sure a few people would be glad to see me gone, but that's okay. I can't just open up about certain things because of many reasons..

• Options
    You're a very considerate person. It might pay you to give yourself a little something back. :) Your own health and wellbeing should come before anything else, ultimately. Have you tried just telling them that, bluntly? Or maybe just trying to cut a bit of contact?

Other people are more important, I'd much rather them be safe and happy, they deserve it more than me.

I can't exactly turn around to them and be like 'hi yeah you're an absolute fucknugget and what you're doing isn't okay and you're actually hurting me a hell of a lot' that would be rude..

I'm trying to cut contact out, it's hard though

• Options
    Maybe not in those words, Tues. ;) But it doesn't hurt to tell someone that what they're doing or saying or whatever isn't okay, especially if it's in your best interests.

I get its hard, but its great that you're doing it. :) Kudos.
  • Options
    Maybe not in those words, Tues. ;) But it doesn't hurt to tell someone that what they're doing or saying or whatever isn't okay, especially if it's in your best interests.

I get its hard, but its great that you're doing it. :) Kudos.

I clearly have a way with words. Absolute charmer me ;)

But it does hurt to tell someone that they're hurting me because it might upset them to hear the truth and I don't want to upset people.

• Options
    I'm sure that isn't true. You seem a like nice person as that's what everyone looks for in a friend. You won't be hurting anyone, ur only telling the truth.
  • Options
    Star20 wrote: »
    I'm sure that isn't true. You seem a like nice person as that's what everyone looks for in a friend. You won't be hurting anyone, ur only telling the truth.

You don't get it though, I will be hurting someone and that's something that I can't willingly let myself do no matter how much they hurt me..

• Options
    Your a kind person, u don't seem like a horrible person. What will happen if u hurt them? I know I don't know the whole story but I will try and help.
This discussion has been closed.