Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you good at?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Yo dudes :wave:

Last night there was a workshop over on chat about self esteem and self confidence.

Something that I learnt from the workshop was that it is important to not be negative and to focus on the things that I am good at to help build my self esteem, for example I am good at my job and confident at talking to parents and other staff.

Graphic-I-love-being-me.jpg

In general people may feel like they can't say what they are good at cos it can be seen as bragging or being cocky about how we see ourselves. However knowing your strengths is a really positive thing!

Soo... What are you good at? :heart:

and.. What other ways are there to build your own self esteem? :chin:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    How about you start us off Claire, with something you're good at? :)
  • Options
    I gave an example, I am good at my job role... but for another example I am good at seeing the positives in other people even when they are really struggling to see them themselves.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm good at customer service ... i can hold a convo with a total stranger and not get uncomfortable
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sex. I'm good at sex.

I'm also quite good at writing, and I'm good at my job.
  • Options
    I really wish I could have gone to chat last night. I think it really would have helped

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Sex. I'm good at sex.

Snort. I knew you would say that.
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    Snort. I knew you would say that.
    You'd love a slice of panda's pie. Don't deny it.
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I really wish I could have gone to chat last night. I think it really would have helped

There may be chats similar to this one maybe becki. Sorry you couldnt come along.

You could get involved with this thread if you wanted too..

What are you good at becki? :)

• Options
    I'm good at customer service ... i can hold a convo with a total stranger and not get uncomfortable
    Thats a very good trait to have. :-)

In life we always meet new people.

• Options
    Sex. I'm good at sex.

I'm also quite good at writing, and I'm good at my job.
    And your good at knitting and being an amazing chat mod :)

• Options
    There may be chats similar to this one maybe becki. Sorry you couldnt come along.

You could get involved with this thread if you wanted too..

What are you good at becki? :)

Yeah I think there will be more chats like this.
    Hmmm very hard question.... Well I guess I'm quite good at the creative side of things. And when people get to know me, they see the crazy side of me so I guess I could cheer people up.. I dunno

• Options
    This is really great!! I find it really hard to think about what I am good at, but I'd say I am quite good at cheering people up and bringing energy where it's lacking :)
  • Options
    You'd love a slice of panda's pie. Don't deny it.

:lol::naughty:
  • Options
    I gave an example, I am good at my job role... but for another example I am good at seeing the positives in other people even when they are really struggling to see them themselves.

Oh my! I do apologize, I see your example now, shows I need to read threads more clearly ;)

Trying to think of something I am good at, that isn't petty. It's rather difficult, I'm not to sure! I'm okay at stuff, but I'm not 'good' at anything :p and I'm okay with that!
  • Options
    Trying to think of something I am good at, that isn't petty. It's rather difficult, I'm not to sure! I'm okay at stuff, but I'm not 'good' at anything :p and I'm okay with that!

You're good at Art/creativity, you're good at listening, you give amazing advice... :heart:
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    :lol::naughty:
    :heart:
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I would say I'm quite good at singing :-)
  • Options
    *rach* wrote: »
    This is really great!! I find it really hard to think about what I am good at, but I'd say I am quite good at cheering people up and bringing energy where it's lacking :)

Yeah I agree rach! You do a great job ;)

• Options
    meggles wrote: »
    I'm not good at anything....

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
    I am sure there is something you are good at lovely :heart:

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm not good at anything....

Hey meggles, have heard you talk quite a bit about being involved in your community and making cool stuff happen - perhaps you could use that as a starting point to think about your strengths?
  • Options
    You're good at Art/creativity, you're good at listening, you give amazing advice... :heart:

I'm okay at art, I lack creativity. I don't have a creative mind like other art students, I'm the worst person when it comes to listening, I get distracted far to easily, and I sound robotic when I offer support, it's not general, anyone can say the shit I do :P

I'm okay with not being 'good' at anything :P Wait, I'm good at noticing what I'm not good at ;) That should surely count!
  • Options
    I'm okay at art, I lack creativity.

I bet you're great!! :)

• Options

But oi, you haven't shared one yet, and I double checked this time :P - What are you good at Sexy Bean? :heart:
  • Options
    But oi, you haven't shared one yet, and I double checked this time :P - What are you good at Sexy Bean? :heart:

You are amazing at art, that's a fact, my Sexy Llama :heart:

I'm not sharing one because I'm not good at anything. But I'm okay with that :)
  • Options
    You are amazing at art, that's a fact, my Sexy Llama :heart:

I'm not sharing one because I'm not good at anything. But I'm okay with that :)

Clearly good at stealing lines.

You're great when it comes to cheering up banter, and you're great when someone needs a shoulder to lean on, there's so many aspects off you that I love, and admire, but you'll always know how to make me smile #CheeseFest
  • Options
    You're great when it comes to cheering up banter, and you're great when someone needs a shoulder to lean on, there's so many aspects off you that I love, and admire, but you'll always know how to make me smile #CheeseFest

They're all things you're good at! You're an amazing listener and you always cheer me up. You're good at being soppy too even though you're not a fan of soppy-ness ;) you make the best hash tags too! You have so many amazing qualities, I hope one day you're able to realise that. :heart:
  • Options
    Hmm wouldn't see it as my strengths

Everyone has strengths and things that they are good at. For you like Helen has said all the stuff you get involved with is something you are good at. :heart:

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm good at quoting Harry Potter :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I'm good at quoting Harry Potter :P

Awesomeness! Harry Potter quotes are always the best.
  • Options
    I'm good at worrying!!