Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you good at?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm good at not sleeping! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Not a lot to be honest :chin:
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm good at destroying myself

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    bunny14 wrote: »
    Not a lot to be honest :chin:

What do you enjoy doing bunnny14? It doesn't have to be anything huge, it could be as simple as you're good at looking out for your mates or at appreciating a good book? I'm sure you can find something :)
  • Options
    I'm good at destroying myself

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Hey Bubbles, this thread is all about finding inspiration and positivity so although I can see you were feeling low, this probably isn't the best place to post this as what you're really saying is that you're not so good at being kind to yourself sometimes *hug*

So...I'm going to do one for you :yes: You're good at thinking up competitions and threads, you were the instigator of our photo thread competitions and that means you're good at ideas! Maybe you could start your weekly photo challenge again :chin:
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Just wanted to comment on this thread, cos I remembered what a child said to me the other day at work.

'You give me cuddles' This was said to me when we were having a chat about what makes us happy :heart: I know it's not so much the same as something I am good at, but I guess I am good at making the children happy, and smiley

It did make me smile.

It's never to late to share what you guys are good at *hug*
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Aww that's lovely :yes:

Yesterday mum was saying to my nephew "Where's Auntie (name)?" and he kept running to the door and shouting, so mum opened it and he went into my room shouting for me.

I know that's not really anything special but it makes me feel amazing.
  • Options
    Aww that's lovely :yes:

Yesterday mum was saying to my nephew "Where's Auntie (name)?" and he kept running to the door and shouting, so mum opened it and he went into my room shouting for me.

I know that's not really anything special but it makes me feel amazing.

No it is very special butterfly :heart:

Thank you for sharing. It's moments like these which we should treasure.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Im very good at playing with kids.

Im good at making people feel comfortable and trying to make an effort to give people a chance to speak about themselves.

Im good at speaking up for animals (Yes, I'm a vegan)
  • Options
    localboy wrote: »
    Im very good at playing with kids.

Im good at making people feel comfortable and trying to make an effort to give people a chance to speak about themselves.

Im good at speaking up for animals (Yes, I'm a vegan)

Be careful how that is worded!
  • Options
    Be careful how that is worded!

Are you being serious?

Is so, I would say that the media has instilled a paranoia amongst the general population which is kind of sad.

As long as what I said is interpreted literally then it will be fine, its when people make up a story of what I am saying and then believe the story they have made up in their own heads... that's when it means something else.

Im a 31 year old bloke and I love kids. I will not stop smiling at a kid on a train because of the pedo hysteria in the media which is alive and well.

I love playing with kids and seeing the world through their eyes, if only for a while. Playing with, and like a child, brings me some sort of happy, if only for a while, seeing the wonder on their face as they chase bubbles around, trancient, fragile bubbles that die as soon as you touch them.

Seeing them in their child worlds, when doing something so simple for them can mean so much and leaving them with good memories.

Talking about this reminds me of a Scroobious track called Thou Shall Not Kill in which he says 'thou shall not think that any man over the age of 30 who plays with a child which is not his own, is a pedofile, some people are just nice.'

Its a really good track all round actually and id recommend it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWrMGXwhFLk
  • Options
    What are you good at?

• Options
    Are you being serious?

Is so, I would say that the media has instilled a paranoia amongst the general population which is kind of sad.

As long as what I said is interpreted literally then it will be fine, its when people make up a story of what I am saying and then believe the story they have made up in their own heads... that's when it means something else.

Im a 31 year old bloke and I love kids. I will not stop smiling at a kid on a train because of the pedo hysteria in the media which is alive and well.

I love playing with kids and seeing the world through their eyes, if only for a while. Playing with, and like a child, brings me some sort of happy, if only for a while, seeing the wonder on their face as they chase bubbles around, trancient, fragile bubbles that die as soon as you touch them.

Seeing them in their child worlds, when doing something so simple for them can mean so much and leaving them with good memories.

Talking about this reminds me of a Scroobious track called Thou Shall Not Kill in which he says 'thou shall not think that any man over the age of 30 who plays with a child which is not his own, is a pedofile, some people are just nice.'

Such a good song! Love scroobius pip.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much, I think most people understood what you said perfectly fine and completely innocently :)
  • Options
    Guys.. this thread isnt for people to get annoyed with each other.

I dont see a problem with what you said localboy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Im sorry... Didn't mean to get defensive...

And I know you wasn't being offensive, I love you AngelFace :)
  • Options
    It's cool.

• Options
    Are you being serious?

Really well put! Children are absolutely amazing and seeing how much fascination and excitement they get from such simple things could fill anyone with happiness if they really do care :yes:
  • Options
    Really well put! Children are absolutely amazing and seeing how much fascination and excitement they get from such simple things could fill anyone with happiness if they really do care :yes:

This ^^ :heart:
  • Options
    I have noticed there have been some newbies joined the boards recently so I wanted to bring this thread back up to see if anyone else had things they are good at that they wanted to share? :heart:

• Options
    I'm good at being awful ;)
  • Options
    Positive... I'm good at reading? :p this thread is too hard now!
  • Options
    Your also good at being a good friend butterfly :heart:

• Options
    Your also good at being a good friend butterfly :heart:

:yes: