Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What are you good at?

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I'm good at worrying!!

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
    Big hugs. It will be okay in the end.

And worrying is only natural but there isnt much point worrying about something that you cant change lovely. Like I said it will be alright. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    meggles wrote: »
    Hmm wouldn't see it as my strengths

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

What do you see it as megs? From the conversations we've had and from what i've heard you say in chats etc you're very good at listening to people, especially other young people in similar situations to you. I also think you're good at fundraising and coming up with new ideas - you have a creative mind! It's evident through the awards you've won and the work you've carried out with your youth group etc :)
    I like to think, talking to people. Empathy I guess? Hugs too. I'm good at hugs.
    Mike another thing your fab at is making avatars :)

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
    My Good Traits

I'm good at holding down a conversation with new people, I am good at running, good helpful person and can stuff a lot of chocolate in my mouth lol.

My Not So Good Traits

Things I need to work on could be not saying something without thinking about it first, giving people space to chill, not get too insecure about everything and be a bit more postive.
    Star20 wrote: »
    My Good Traits

I'm good at holding down a conversation with new people, I am good at running, good helpful person and can stuff a lot of chocolate in my mouth lol.

My Not So Good Traits

Things I need to work on could be not saying something without thinking about it first, giving people space to chill, not get too insecure about everything and be a bit more postive.

Thank you for sharing this.

I often speak with without thinking about it first so like you that is something I need to work on. It sounds like you have a very good understanding of things that you want to work on, which is pretty good. :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    MikeS wrote: »
    I like to think, talking to people. Empathy I guess? Hugs too. I'm good at hugs.

You are brilliant with talking to people. :)
    Hey, just wanted to keep this thread going, and today at work a member of staff said to me, "Claire you are good at making the days go very good with your smiles and giggles" It made me smile.
    Yo dudes :wave:

Last night there was a workshop over on chat about self esteem and self confidence.

Something that I learnt from the workshop was that it is important to not be negative and to focus on the things that I am good at to help build my self esteem, for example I am good at my job and confident at talking to parents and other staff.

Graphic-I-love-being-me.jpg

In general people may feel like they can't say what they are good at cos it can be seen as bragging or being cocky about how we see ourselves. However knowing your strengths is a really positive thing!

Soo... What are you good at? :heart:

and.. What other ways are there to build your own self esteem? :chin:

Hi,I think I am good at writing stories/songs and poems and enjoy it too.I also feel i am good at caring for everybody else much more than myself.

I can boost my self esteem by trying not to put myself down or belittle myself.As well as acting confident to try to feel that way inside.

Xx
    Hi,I think I am good at writing stories/songs and poems and enjoy it too.I also feel i am good at caring for everybody else much more than myself.

I can boost my self esteem by trying not to put myself down or belittle myself.As well as acting confident to try to feel that way inside.

Xx

I am glad you enjoy writing and that is something that you are good at. I understand the whole 'caring about others more than yourself, but always remember it is important to take care of yourself too :heart: You can't help others if your not taking care of yourself first and caring about yourself.
    I am glad you enjoy writing and that is something that you are good at. I understand the whole 'caring about others more than yourself, but always remember it is important to take care of yourself too :heart: You can't help others if your not taking care of yourself first and caring about yourself.

Thank you for your kind reply.I understand that,its just that i find it real difficult to put myself first.Always here if you ever wanna talk x
    Thank you for your kind reply.I understand that,its just that i find it real difficult to put myself first.Always here if you ever wanna talk x

It's okay :heart:

I guess it's difficult to put yourself first, but you will get there. It could be the small things like doing something nice that you really enjoy that is just for you, like your writing, and build it up from there. You can do it. Everyone has the ability to care about themselves, it's just hard to do it sometimes.

I guess it's difficult to put yourself first, but you will get there. It could be the small things like doing something nice that you really enjoy that is just for you, like your writing, and build it up from there. You can do it. Everyone has the ability to care about themselves, it's just hard to do it sometimes.

Hey.Yeah I suppose so.Thank you :) x
    Hey.Yeah I suppose so.Thank you :) x

Awh :) x
    Just came back across this thread and wondered if anyone has anything that they are good at and want to share? :heart:
    I'm liking my journal at the minute so I guess that could go onto the list! I'm also very good at making myself skint by buying stuff to use for it... Haha

Sent by Sony Xperia
    I am glad you are enjoying your journal. I know what you mean about making yourself skint. I am the same, with other things.

But if you enjoy what your doing then it's all good :)
    Yes :) I'm doing a page at the minute and I can't wait to show you guys. My WTJ thread has been quite quiet recently so I'm gonna try getting it going again

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Yes you should. Sorry I haven't posted many pictures. I haven't done my journal recently, and it's effort to add pictures via tapatalk. So I don't tend to add pictures.

But you should deffo try and get it going again. :heart:
    It's easy to add it through tapatalk. That's how I do it

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Aye. I may have a look at some point.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    might do some of my journal later ifim feeling a bit more positive :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    One thing I might be good at is staying calm. If the bus is gonna be 15 minutes, yeah it's frustrating but there's nothing that can be done about it so let's just wait. That sort of stuff I think I'm alright at.

Good to see the positivity in this thread. :)
    Andy wrote: »
    One thing I might be good at is staying calm. If the bus is gonna be 15 minutes, yeah it's frustrating but there's nothing that can be done about it so let's just wait. That sort of stuff I think I'm alright at.

Good to see the positivity in this thread. :)
    Only just seen this. It made me smile and then giggle cos I am one of those people who get so frustrated if the bus is late. Haha. So pretty impressive skill to be calm ;)

I like to think I'm a good auntie :heart:
    I'm good at being me!!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I'm good at being me!!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Yes you are :heart:

😄 😄 😄

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Everything!
    Weekender Offender