Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alone..*mentions s.h*

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I asked myself to leave work early I wasn't asked to leave by a member of staff.

I am just at the local drop in centre atm,
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How did the drop in centre go hon?
  • Options
    Hey sophie. Thanks for your reply.

Erm it went okay I didnt really speak about what was wrong. :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Hey 'nana ;)

How are you feeling?

I just wanted to drop in on here and tell you that you're doing so well, and I know you think you're a failure but you're most definitely not at all and that's a promise.

Remember that pros and cons list we worked on and don't forget that we can add more at any time, okay? Also, keep looking at 'nanaMonkey.

Love and hugs *hug*
  • Options
    Thank you butterfly :)

• Options
    I feel like such a shit friend right now. Friend has been taking to hospital, and I could of got her help earlier but I didn't.. :'(
  • Options
    I feel like such a shit friend right now. Friend has been taking to hospital, and I could of got her help earlier but I didn't.. :'(

Sorry to hear about your friend BananaMonkey - it's not always easy to know when to get someone help. It doesn't make you a bad friend. I can see that you're feeling bad though and you really care about this person.

It's often much easier after an event to think about all the what ifs and what you 'could' have done - but in the moment all anyone can do is the best they can with the information you have at the time.

I'm not sure of the situation or what happened but if she's in hospital then it's probably the best place she can be to get he care she needs right now. Try not to be so hard on yourself - you can still be a good friend and be there for her when she comes out *hug*
  • Options
    Lovely - It really sounds like you need to take some time out. Do you have any holiday left with work?

What DO you feel ready for? There's lots of thing you could do for yourself, so you don't have to wait for referrals or worry about having to form a relationship with a new therapist and get to grips with a new therapy. There's lots of books and apps and techniques I could recommend but you have to be ready to help yourself - even if it's just in small ways.

You also need to remember you are not responsible for other peoples actions! If someone goes into hospital that's not your fault. I think you may need to stop blaming yourself for external things happening around you and start looking internally and at what you can do to support yourself, and then you're in a better place to support others.

Oh, and remember I always think you're awesome :)
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    You okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Nope. :(
  • Options
    What's up?

• Options
    It's a long story... :/

• Options
    I have a long time!

• Options
    You donr need to waste your time talking to me. Im not worth nothing. Worthless horrible person I am..

Thank you tho. Hope your okay. Xx

• Options
    I chose who's worth talking to, and who is worth my time, and you're one of then.

• Options
    Thank you... hopefully ill be asleep soon so I cant fuck anything else up.

• Options
    You haven't fucked anything up.

• Options
    Bad night and just want to stay in bed all day. :( why am I such an idiot, I dont even want to help myself anymore.. I am pretty sure its not fine to not want to get better. :(

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey BananaMonkey,

Sorry to hear about everything that's going on at the moment, it sounds awfully difficult, I know many people who are on the bounds of wanting to recover, but just don't want to, or don't thing their ready to, that's okay, recovery is something you have to take at your own pace. Judgements have a habit of bringing us down more than we are already, you're not an idiot at all. Would you call someone else in your position an idiot? - Look after yourself BananaMonkey!

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    I wouldn't call anyone in this situation an idiot, but then again I don't think I would ever call anyone anything cos I aint like that.. It wouldn't be supportive or fair on that person.

It's easier to be horrible to myself though cos I deserve it.
  • Options
    Cant deal with this anymore :'(

• Options
    It's easier to be horrible to myself though cos I deserve it.

Why do you think you deserve it?
  • Options
    When my sister tells me I am fat and never gonna lose the weight and tells me that I am in a bad mood cos I am breathing. Fuck sake. I should do the world a favour and just go..

• Options
    When my sister tells me I am fat and never gonna lose the weight and tells me that I am in a bad mood cos I am breathing. Fuck sake. I should do the world a favour and just go..

Was this your younger sister? Kids can rather be insensitive without really considering what they're saying, or how it's going to affect someone else, I also know that you and your sister are exceptionally close, and she would be deeply hurt if you were to ever go! There isn't much you can say, other than really explaining to her how that can affect a person. How are you apart from the comment?
  • Options
    It was my older sister.

• Options
    It was my older sister.

Older sisters can often be the same, and say the most stupidest of things, without really considering it. Some people don't really understand the true aspects of mental health issues unless they've experienced it some how, or looked up and supported those mental health. Often, the stigma around mental health can leave people flying judgements around, which can honestly be a pain.

It might of been worth approaching your sister about the effects words like that can have on a person, before she goes off and says it to others with mental health issues, that is really insensitive, especially for an adult to say! *hug*
  • Options
    I have tried to talk to her lots of times about it, but there is no point cos she doesn't change.
  • Options
    Sorry, for you all having to deal with me in chat and on the boards. I wont bother you anuymore..
  • Options
    Sorry, for you all having to deal with me in chat and on the boards. I wont bother you anuymore..

If we thought you were a bother at all BananaMonkey, we wouldn't really be responding, users on here do really care about you, and it's been proved throughout this whole thread! - The community here loves have you as a member, and also love the lyrics you post, which has a positive vibe on chat!