Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who was the first person you spoke to on TheSite?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good question. I believe it was MystifyMySoul.......jesus, that was an age ago. I wonder what she is upto these days, she was great :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    JsT for sure :)

Have shockingly never met him...have met his mrs though :)
  • Options
    :crazyeyes are you for cereal

I met jst oop north. we bonded over a quiz machine at a pub.
  • Options
    I loved briggi too, whatever happened to her? She left and then came back briefly under a different name and then seemed to vanish again. Didn't she move to Brazil with her twins? Unless she's back and I just haven't figured it out. I can't keep up with changing names, I only recently realised Miss Riot was twisted trinity :P

Looking back I think the first person I kind of made friends with was Chaos, who recently came back. Though he hasn't been on again recently I don't think
  • Options
    If she's back then we don't know about it :)

She came back under Muñeca, but hasn't logged in since end of last year.
  • Options
    I think **Helen** disappeared StrubbleS. I had a lot of time for him. I pour one out on the ground for him on the daily.

I don't remember who I first spoke to but it was a P&D thread about reasonable levels of force to apply to a burglar, IIRC.

I struck up a friendship with Stupid_Girl early on. She was lovely. And hot.
  • Options
    I think **Helen** disappeared StrubbleS.

Goodness, that does sound terribly mafia.
  • Options
    I remember when I first joined I was so scared of P&D. I think it was Stargalexy and Aladdin

God, that pair...they were the ying and yang of hyperbolic bullshit debate.

Stargalaxy remains the only person to ever send me an abusive PM :d

Edit: I met some people from here at one of Franki's birthday things. She and MoonArcanum were the only people who knew who I was.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I'll miss you, Fiend.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »

StrubbleS was scared of me, yes. As if?! On a more serious note, you guys had a lot of love for him, and he ditched you...:eek: on an even more serious note, if anyone's in touch with him, ask him if he still likes dressing up as a woman...possibly one of my favourite threads ever...he was literally stunning as a lady.
  • Options
    Helen I'm sureeee he got banned! I've seen the PM he was sent... and he definitely can't log in because I made him show me on skype because I didn't believe him! Unless he asked for his account to be closed? But I don't see why he'd lie?

And, no, he hasn't dressed up as a lady since then and has vowed never to do it again haha! ;)
  • Options
    The last Pm he was sent was telling him to stop being so judgemental and harsh on new users - there was nothing about being banned. Anyhow, he can post if he likes...I never banned him so as far as I'm concerned, that means he isn't banned.

Funny thing, when I was looking back over PMs to StrubbleS, I came across reference to Clan Mother Red :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    **helen** wrote: »
    Clan Mother Red :)
    I liked those people.

About StrubbleS, with my limited non-mod powers I found his profile and can't see any indication of a ban.
  • Options
    The last Pm he was sent was telling him to stop being so judgemental and harsh on new users - there was nothing about being banned. Anyhow, he can post if he likes...I never banned him so as far as I'm concerned, that means he isn't banned.

That's so odd, when he logs in he can't post, maybe he got his account closed. Weird!

Another member I used to chat to was Hellfire... he's never around any more, or did he change his name?
  • Options
    About StrubbleS, with my limited non-mod powers I found his profile and can't see any indication of a ban.

It never says when people are banned now, but he honestly can't post. He showed me on skype.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    he got absolutely hammered in manchester and I think we lost him in the end! good guy though :D I'm sure iv met more, if fleetingly at those meets..JsT for sure :)

I can think of a couple, including the one we found G sleeping in the middle of Piccadilly.
    Have shockingly never met him...have met his mrs though :)
    The day I made it to the Towers you were skiving, your loss :p Didn't know you had met the OH though!
    :crazyeyes are you for cereal

I met jst oop north. we bonded over a quiz machine at a pub.

We sure did Wifeby! :heart: You'll have to let me know when you are back up!
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I loved briggi too, whatever happened to her? She left and then came back briefly under a different name and then seemed to vanish again. Didn't she move to Brazil with her twins?

They'll never managed to understand her over there. She could drink me under the table mind.
  • Options
    I was thinking more about the time when me and violette were in her halls at Huddersfield and you popped your head through the window haha :)
  • Options
    Infinite. wrote: »
    God, that pair...they were the ying and yang of hyperbolic bullshit debate.

Stargalaxy remains the only person to ever send me an abusive PM :d

Edit: I met some people from here at one of Franki's birthday things. She and MoonArcanum were the only people who knew who I was.

Oh jesus. Stargalaxy!! Now there's a name I remember! Jeez, those were the good old days on here.....amusing!!
  • Options
    I remember stargalaxy and his funny way of writing. I actually had a dream a few months back about coming across an abandoned flat that he had left behind with some other thesiters. It was strange.
  • Options
    I never did find out who created the Starmarsbar account as a piss take. I suspect it was JimV.
  • Options
    Jst stopped coming to the met bar to hear me whine! :p
  • Options
    first conversation i had was with hellen, actually- even before i posted.. she emailed me to say that my acount had been activated

as for here, the first person i spoke to was **angel***, in my intro thread
  • Options
    My first PM was to I'm With Stupid back in September 2008! I was telling him he'd won post of the week :d
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    post of the week :d

What's happened to post of the week?! I know it got changed to monthly, but I haven't seen one for ageeees, did you get rid of it all together?
  • Options
    What's happened to post of the week?! I know it got changed to monthly, but I haven't seen one for ageeees, did you get rid of it all together?

No, it's still monthly - we do them at the end of each month, here was Aprils - http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/160595-Post-of-the-month-April!

We need to put up May's (should have done it last week) so will do now :)
  • Options
    Ahh good I'm glad you still do them, thought they'd disappeared. I need to stop nominating people, I think I've nominated a few this month!! Oops. I have too much time on my hands ;)
  • Options
    Infinite. wrote: »
    I never did find out who created the Starmarsbar account as a piss take. I suspect it was JimV.

I know but swore I'd never name them. It was someone pretty awesome though .
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Jst stopped coming to the met bar to hear me whine! :p

It was nothing to do with you! When I got to uni I was skint and I couldn't afford to come. Now that Ican travel pretty much anywhere for free or nearly free there isn't any meets! Plus there is now the small matter of v2.0.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I know but swore I'd never name them. It was someone pretty awesome though .

I think I enjoy it more as a mystery.

I'm glad that the 'each letter of my user name is a story...wait, no, there are seven stories and some letters count twice...no, three important stories' thread hasn't been deleted forever. That was batshit insane.
  • Options
    Was it Stargalaxy who found that suitcase full of money on the beach, or something, as well?