Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Who was the first person you spoke to on TheSite?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
The first conversation I remember having was with Arctic Roll - he was ticking someone off for posting unsolicited advertising on TheSite, so I thanked him :)

My first PM was from a previous member called Glittery :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think in live chat it was Hannah, my first pm was from her too, I can't remember what about though!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think it was someone called "chickadee" or something similar. I don't remember for sure.
    If you include replies to forum posts, it most likely was someone else.
    You lot have such good memories! I've got no clue at all who the first person I spoke to was. Maybe StrubbleS.
    J9J9, I think
    I'm not sure of the first person, but I remember notanotherusername, yellowseahorse and Lea being in live chat when I first joined.
    I honestly can't remember, whoever they are they weren't around for much longer after that. I remember a lot of the oldies though, briggi, stargalaxy, lipsy, drpirate etc.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    haha, great memories dudes. I don't have a clue! :p
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I think the first user I spoke to was G, I wasn't a very pleasant user! It was via PM. Erm...My first PM I think it was from him to - Not to sure really.
    I'm not sure of the first person, but I remember notanotherusername, yellowseahorse and Lea being in live chat when I first joined.

:)
    I'm not sure...

I think it was a Scottish girl. I remember what she looks like weirdly but not her username. She was funny.
    J9J9, I think

me too! definitely old school
    You lot have such good memories! I've got no clue at all who the first person I spoke to was. Maybe StrubbleS.

Why is Strubbles never here any more? I miss him :(

Think the first person I spoke with was Katralla, who's also not here any more :(
    grace wrote: »
    Why is Strubbles never here any more? I miss him :(

He was banned quite a while ago I believe
    He was banned quite a while ago I believe

He got banned?!! But he was like...one of my favourite people on here!
    grace wrote: »
    He got banned?!! But he was like...one of my favourite people on here!

As far as I'm aware he did get banned. Won't discuss it more as I don't want to get in trouble with Helen or anyone!! Not sure what the rules are around discussing bans.

Anyway! I've just remembered Teagan. I loved talking to him. He hasn't been around for a long time though.
    It was shyboy! Way back in 2003...

This October marks 10 years of me being on thesite (under 3 different names though)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Lolly or Justin Sane
    Weekender Offender 
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Possibly shyboyinthecorner or tweety. Maybe been lacymay or glittery vodka though. Or Noog or rainbow brite. Was thinking about beckyboo and Moroccan Roll recently too. Mist certainly featured somewhere early on too ;) I still feel nostalgic over this place :heart:

Jeez, lots of old names! Lots of memories. I wonder what a lot of these people are doing now.
    I'm not sure...

I think it was a Scottish girl. I remember what she looks like weirdly but not her username. She was funny.

1983?

I can't remember for the life of me. I remember that littlemissy was one of the people that replied to my first ever thread so we'll go with that.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    StrubbleS was never banned, he just disappeared...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    1983 was a legend, we have a big photo of her at TheSite towers that she entered for a competition...also one of knee high stripy socks in a canoe :)
    i think the first user i spoke to was Bubbley-Heather
    first MOD was **Helen** (i think) :)
    That's awesome to think some users are famous at the towers in London :P
    **helen** wrote: »
    also one of knee high stripy socks in a canoe :)

I think KHSS was the first person I spoke to, and I also think it was about canoes! We joined at nearly the same time.

I have no idea who my first PM was from, but I remember I had been here ages already and was disproportionately excited about getting it ;)
    WayneS, was the first mod I met, Followed by LauraO as she modded on my birthday :P.
    First PM was from Jo7 for being a naughty NotBob ;)
    A nostalgic post plus one about ants in the home section...

Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed to see it was really about ants :p

I think Bumblebee might have been one of the first I spoke to (I think that was her name) and I recall we didn't get along, but we still talk today :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Haha, I thought the same, Manda. I was expecting differently :lol:

And Franki, :heart:
    I have no idea! The oldest post I can find still online is a conversation with chickadee and thesillystring, but it's not my first thread I don't think.

The first person I spoke to irl was thesillystring. I don't remember early PMS either it took me a while to settle in.
    **helen** wrote: »
    StrubbleS was never banned, he just disappeared...

Weird... he told me he got banned! Will have to investigate!!

Does anyone remember LouiseK? I used to speak to her a lot. I think she was around a couple of months ago but she doesn't seem to post any more.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I think I'd already spoken to other people before, but my first memory that came to mind is from a live chat when Helen told me to listen to Bloc Party instead of Linkin Park cos I wasn't feeling too good! And now I wanna remember what I was like when I first joined!