Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What unpopular opinions do you have?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fuck sake I'm deleting my post....

Note: keep fucking mouth shut next time...
  • Options
    why?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    why?
    Why indeed.
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Fuck sake I'm deleting my post....

Note: keep fucking mouth shut next time...
    Welcome to P&D Em, "why" is very important to us. Stick with us, we have a lot of fun.
  • Options
    No. Whats the point having a "unpopular opinions" if...I'm not allowed my own opinion...
  • Options
    Didn't even see your original post but of course you're entitled to your opinion but being the P&D forum people are allowed to question or challenge it. The mods are around if the discussion gets too heated but try not to take it personally :wave:
  • Options
    No. Whats the point having a "unpopular opinions" if...I'm not allowed my own opinion...
    You are, of course you are, and I personally will spank any one who says you aren't. But don't expect to not be asked to justify it. Its Politics & Debate, the clue is in the name.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm confused; how does "I disagree with you" equate to "You can't have your opinion"?
  • Options
    I think the film mean girls is awesome.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I think the film mean girls is awesome.

It's so fetch!
  • Options
    I think TheSite is a censoring cunt for deleting two of my posts...
    Censor me again bitches.
  • Options
    I'm confused; how does "I disagree with you" equate to "You can't have your opinion"?

exactly. Im confused
  • Options
    I think that Britain should follow China's example with the child cap, but I would set it at 2, so you would be allowed two children and full benifits if you are entitled to them, if you have a third you are fined an amount and also get no financial extra aid to help.

I know people will say, its not fair to make the children suffer, but its the parents responsibility and they are at fault if they have a third.

Dont get a mortgage which has a £1200 pcm payback if you only ear £1100, pcm, its simpe maths, dont have a kid if YOU cant feed it, I apreciatate sometimes people in tough situation have a child they didnt plan for which is why capping it at two caters for that.
  • Options
    bettyboo wrote: »
    I think that Britain should follow China's example with the child cap, but I would set it at 2, so you would be allowed two children and full benifits if you are entitled to them, if you have a third you are fined an amount and also get no financial extra aid to help.

I know people will say, its not fair to make the children suffer, but its the parents responsibility and they are at fault if they have a third.

Dont get a mortgage which has a £1200 pcm payback if you only ear £1100, pcm, its simpe maths, dont have a kid if YOU cant feed it, I apreciatate sometimes people in tough situation have a child they didnt plan for which is why capping it at two caters for that.

I sort of agree with you, but only for people who are long term unemployed. If you've got 2 parents who are financially able to support their kids then it's irrelevant how many they have because they won't be a burden on the state. No job? Then stop having kids.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I sort of agree with you, but only for people who are long term unemployed. If you've got 2 parents who are financially able to support their kids then it's irrelevant how many they have because they won't be a burden on the state. No job? Then stop having kids.
    As the cap mechanism proposed was financial, then "being able to support their kids" would mean they wouldn't be capped.

Without much thought on the issue, I quite like the idea proposed in a scify book written a few decades ago - the state supports the first, ignores the second, and adds tax for each subsequent. I'm not entirely sure about the geometrically increasing tax rates proposed, but otherwise seems fairly sound.
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    Censor me again bitches.

You could try being a little less of a c**t at times then?
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »

The cap shouldn't be about *your* ability to support them, but the world resources. Western kids use 8 times the amount of natural resources (during their lifetime) than second or third world children.
  • Options
    If people waited until they could actually afford to have kids than no one would have them.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    You could try being a little less of a c**t at times then?

Freedom of speech works both ways.
  • Options
    Freedom of speech doesn't give freedom to offend.

Also, you freely choose to post here, even with the following:
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/87302-The-registration-rules
    Harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise unlawful posts are not permitted.
    The owners of TheSite.org boards have the right to remove, edit, move or close any threads or posts for any reason and without notice.

Unfortunately the "I never saw that" isn't a defence.
  • Options
    If people waited until they could actually afford to have kids than no one would have them.

I disagree. Most people I know who actively tried for a baby waited until they were financially able to do so. I know we did.

By 'able to support a child', we're not necessarily talking Baby Gap and designer strollers. I mean literally able to feed and clothe and house them. My two wear hand-me-downs and charity shop finds, we shop at Aldi and I got my pushchair second hand off eBay. If you can make ends meet, you can afford it.

It's different if the pregnancy was not planned, or if you find yourself in hard times after the fact, but I think intentionally conceiving a child you know you have no means to support is irresponsible.

Slarti also makes a good point about the resources, and one I had not considered before.
  • Options
    It all depends on what you mean by being 'financially able'. When our baby is born we'll be claiming working tax credits and child benefit. Sure we won't be relying solely on benefits because we're lucky enough that my boyfriend is in a good stable job as well as a part time one. But the little bit extra we'll be getting will make all the difference.

Similarly when my parents had my brother; both were working but it was still a struggle. I think it's far more important for people to 'get by' and if that means having some financial support from the government than so be it.
  • Options
    Yes I second Slarti's good point as there are too many humans on the planet, not our fault of course we all appreciate being here and shouldnt feel guilty about the fact we are living on this planet and using natural resources to survive and evolve but it is true we are overpopulated.

I also am one of the people whom clementine_the_tangerine descibed as me and my OH thought we were not financially ready to concieve and was planing to have kids later on when we could 'afford' them, we were carefull, but not careful enough and I have to say how happy I am to concieve accidetally as I know I would still be thinking I am not ready yet financially.

When it happened we knuckled down and you realise that it is not that hard.

We did get benifits that were so helpful as my OH was not earning much above Minimun wage, the after a year he was promoted with a 11k rise and then we lost all benifits which is fine, but without them at the time we would of been quite affected by poverty/housing etc.

We do want another one but we know how much that decision will cost and I wish I had more money so we could give our Son a Brother or Sister why he is still young but in reality i predict we may have another one when he is 7 or 8? Our son is 4 now.

I work in Housing as well and I come across so many families who have many children and no jobs etc ad they are at that stage where in order for a job to be worthwhile they would need to earn so much to make up for the loss of benifit that would take place.

The Country where my parter is from does not have that luxury, if you do not work, you will not eat, admittedly I think thats going a bit too far in the other direction however I really think 2 should be the cap for benifit reasons and human population reasons...:yeees:
  • Options
    Freedom of speech works both ways.

Freedom to accept the consequences of what you say.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Censor me again bitches.

We will if you carry on disregarding everyone as if you're somehow better and above the rules. Either use your intelligence to engage properly or be censored permanently from TS. As Seany said in his PM, it's in your hands.
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    We will if you carry on disregarding everyone as if you're somehow better and above the rules. Either use your intelligence to engage properly or be censored permanently from TS. As Seany said in his PM, it's in your hands.
    I don't think i'm above the rules at all, people just notice it more.
    And like i said to Seany, i'll pay some attention if he told me what post got deleted.
    (Also if I'm perfectly honest, the only thing to lose here is my username/post count, if i really wanted, i can evade IP bans, even ISP bans, the world of proxies/VPNS/Tor - nothing to hugely stop me)
  • Options
    And like i said to Seany, i'll pay some attention if he told me what post got deleted.
    (Also if I'm perfectly honest, the only thing to lose here is my username/post count, if i really wanted, i can evade IP bans, even ISP bans, the world of proxies/VPNS/Tor - nothing to hugely stop me)

It's more than your username/post count - it's your identity - you can evade IP bans as much as you like, but if you want to be yourself - which is the only worthwhile way to be in a community like this - then you're better off staying on good terms with people for the most part. Otherwise the only way you can come back is by pretending to be something you're not, which is a lose lose situation. You know that the people here are well safe with loads of sound advice to share - so why not just embrace it? Are you wired to be a rebel? :)
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family

Stop being a bumface. People here are willing to support you, you give some good advice and no one *really* wants you to be banned. Conforming isn't such a bad thing ;) you can still have fun :P
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    you can still have fun :P

This :)
  • Options
    Those who type 'alot' and 'aloud' instead of 'a lot' and 'allowed' need a good kick to the bollocks (or ovaries).