Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what's your product of the moment?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i got some lily lolo sample pots after everybody went on about them last time but im not that impressed, the colour is good but im not that good at applying it i dont think. it goes everywhere. hmm.

thats what im finding.
    It looks natural on, and the shades are good, but it goes everywhere.

i should have guessed it might cos i can never apply dazzle dust either
  • Options
    I've gone from dark blacky red to whole head of blonde highlights. Still not blonde but the hairdresser said my hair is in really bad condition. (again!!) So I'm currently using a mixture of Tigi Dumb Blonde and Aussie Heat set.

I will get myself some more hot oils - didn't notice a difference last time I used them but worth a shot again. Anyone else got any tips for stopping my hair from breaking?

I know I shouldn't dye it but I get bored!

Well always use heat protectant when using tongs/straightners, get a good shampoo - Aussie is really good, and I use herbel essence Hello hydration (Shampoo, Conditioner & the hair mask)
    Or make your own hair mask, Avacado with some oil (I think its that?) left on your hair for 30 minutes does wonders :)
    Theres other variations of hair masks like yoghurt, oils, egg..etc, google and some will come up, their meant to moisturise your hair making it stronger and healthier :)
  • Options
    its not dying your hair that ruins it, its highlighting and bleaching.
    Theres not much you can do to bring back condition once its lost.
    Last time i lightened my hair i really regretted it, even getting it done professionally, it was still ruined and i ended up getting it cut really short
  • Options
    its not dying your hair that ruins it, its highlighting and bleaching.
    Theres not much you can do to bring back condition once its lost.
    Last time i lightened my hair i really regretted it, even getting it done professionally, it was still ruined and i ended up getting it cut really short
    :yes:

This is why, although I'm tempted, I'm very very reluctant to try going blonde again. Shame, really.

Girls who use Lily Lolo - what are you using to apply it?
  • Options
    a little powder brush
  • Options
    I'm hooked on MAC studio fix fluid. It may be expensive, but I find one bottle lasts ages.
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a good concealer for dark under eye circles? I really look like i've got black eyes sometimes :/
  • Options
    Boi-ing!

Also, Body Shop do a cheapy version of Touche Eclat which is very good.
  • Options
    Boi-ing!

Also, Body Shop do a cheapy version of Touche Eclat which is very good.

Ooo they do? I use touche eclat but it's expensive even when I get it off cheapy websites. It's the only thing thats ever worked on my dark circles though.
  • Options
    :yes:.

They even do a super super pale one :D.
  • Options
    :yes:

This is why, although I'm tempted, I'm very very reluctant to try going blonde again. Shame, really.

Girls who use Lily Lolo - what are you using to apply it?

a kabuki brush for the foundation. It's also easier to apply from the proper pot size rather than the sample pots...
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good concealer for dark under eye circles? I really look like i've got black eyes sometimes :/

If you're in the mood for splashing out, this one is awesome. It's super expensive, but I got some for my wedding (2.5 years ago now) and it's still going strong (I know, I'm going to get some kind of weird skin disease or something, but there's loads left and I haven't got a spare £20 for a new tube).

On the cheap, I also really like the brush concealer from Collection 2000 :thumb:

Am I the only person who finds Touche Eclat makes my dark circles look worse? I go from '2 hours sleep' to 'punched in the face' :(
  • Options
    My host Elsie keeps insisting that I put on some wierd organic moisture thingy as Im often the one who is out when we go to bed. I dunno what it is or does but it smells like lemons and its annoying cus the smell keeps me awake. Il get her to tell you when she is in the drivers seat. Im sure she would be thrilled I took part in some girly chat for her.

Alex.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    a kabuki brush for the foundation. It's also easier to apply from the proper pot size rather than the sample pots...
    Yeah, I figured that. I was going to say that if you aren't, a kabuki is the best way to do it. You'll get less fallout because the bristles are so tightly packed. I :heart: my kabuki.
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    If you're in the mood for splashing out, this one is awesome. It's super expensive, but I got some for my wedding (2.5 years ago now) and it's still going strong (I know, I'm going to get some kind of weird skin disease or something, but there's loads left and I haven't got a spare £20 for a new tube).

On the cheap, I also really like the brush concealer from Collection 2000 :thumb:

Am I the only person who finds Touche Eclat makes my dark circles look worse? I go from '2 hours sleep' to 'punched in the face' :(

Ooooh i might have to invest when i start earning, its the only place i really need makeup (i don't wear foundation day to day) Thanks!:love:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    You could also heat up olive oil in a microwavable bowl and try that?
    That's what I do and it makes my hair lovely and soft. I put it on overnight (I think a few hours is ok too) then when it's time to wash it off, I cover my hair in shampoo without wetting it first, I rinse it then shampoo again.
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I had Erase Paste put on at a Benefit counter and it covers my dark circles perfectly. No other concealer I have used covers.
    I've tried the Lily Lolo foundation (porcelain) but I don't find it gives me the coverage that I need. I've also used the white finishing powder which wasn't quite right either.

I'm using Soap and Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It and I love it.
  • Options
    I have recently discovered Sanctuary Foaming Cream Scrub and moisturising oil spray thing.

I have had dry, flaky skin on the tops of my arms for FOREVER and after less than a week of using both of these things, my arms are softer and smoother than they have been in years. :heart:
  • Options
    BB creams
    Davines Keratin hair treatments
    Morrocan Baths
    Lush's Angels on bare skin and Enchanted eye cream

I use Make up forever's smokey lash mascara, its great but i feel like i need something new
  • Options
    coconut bars- 27p from tesco :heart: for all those that love bounty and life
  • Options
    coconut bars- 27p from tesco :heart: for all those that love bounty and life

:hyper: I'm a slight coconut fiend - I even have coconut tea!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    :hyper: I'm a slight coconut fiend - I even have coconut tea!

i didnt know you could get coconut tea :o where??

i found the coconut bars in the jamaican bit in tesco, amazingggg
  • Options
    i didnt know you could get coconut tea :o where??

i found the coconut bars in the jamaican bit in tesco, amazingggg

um I got it from this fancy tea shop in lincoln, not sure if it's just the one shop or if there's a couple though, I'll find out. Its proper tea you make with a strainer and everything!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    um I got it from this fancy tea shop in lincoln, not sure if it's just the one shop or if there's a couple though, I'll find out. Its proper tea you make with a strainer and everything!

i'll google it i think.

oh god i googled the coconut bar i bought last night. it should definitely be a 'treat'.. 450 calories or something. i assumed it as healthy so ate two in a row :o i knew it tasted too good to be healthy. dammit
  • Options
    i'll google it i think.

oh god i googled the coconut bar i bought last night. it should definitely be a 'treat'.. 450 calories or something. i assumed it as healthy so ate two in a row :o i knew it tasted too good to be healthy. dammit

http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/ :d it seems expensive but I bought a 100g bag I think for £4 and it lasts for aaaages. It's under scented teas
  • Options
    ooo thanks :) now i am oggling over the flowering tea tho, amazing! looks like sea anemonies
  • Options
    what's your product of the moment?

Mine product of the moment is my clothes and my shoes mean to say my dress up. I love my dress up.
  • Options
    L'Oreal True Match Minerals Powder...Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
  • Options
    The eye drops I use, which is actually contact lens solution but it keeps me going! I don't even wear contact lenses either, lol. But without this stuff my eyes would be a wreck :S
  • Options
    Maybelline eraser foundation and smoother primer- it makes your skin look amazing!