Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what's your product of the moment?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah, it all leads back to gwst eh?
  • Options
    she is the mothership! :heart: that sounded so wrong.
  • Options
    nivea q10 moisturiser and garnier foot cocoon
  • Options
    bought myself a bag of beautiful things from lush earlier :heart:
  • Options
    YSL highlighter - I know its not a concealer but it covers up the bags under my eyes so well
    Rimmel sexy curves mascara in brown/black
  • Options
    Morrocanoil its an oil for the hair and its brilliant, u get it from tony and guy its expensive at 30 pounds but its the best thing i have ever used my hair is more vibrant it strenghtens and heat protects it does loads. i wud deffo recommend x
  • Options
    just ordered some sample pots of lily lolo foundation

im so easily led
  • Options
    flowergirl wrote: »
    Morrocanoil its an oil for the hair and its brilliant, u get it from tony and guy its expensive at 30 pounds but its the best thing i have ever used my hair is more vibrant it strenghtens and heat protects it does loads. i wud deffo recommend x

I've heard about this, sounds interesting (bit dear though)

I've been using coconut oil as a moisturiser to deal with the dreaded winter skin and it's working a treat.

If anyone's interested in homemade stuff, I started making my own deodorant a while ago as my underarms were so dry and generally mistreated by standard products. This stuff works :yes: Recipe here
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I've heard about this, sounds interesting (bit dear though)

I've been using coconut oil as a moisturiser to deal with the dreaded winter skin and it's working a treat.

If anyone's interested in homemade stuff, I started making my own deodorant a while ago as my underarms were so dry and generally mistreated by standard products. This stuff works :yes: Recipe here
    Was it you that started doing the poo-free thing? I keep meaning to try it but I'm scaaaaaaaaared D:
  • Options
    just ordered some sample pots of lily lolo foundation

im so easily led

do they do mascara and whats it like? im sick of buying mascara and being disapointed
  • Options
    Was it you that started doing the poo-free thing? I keep meaning to try it but I'm scaaaaaaaaared D:

Yes! I did it a couple of years ago when I was wearing my hair curly. Give it a go! Keep an open mind: it has it's pros and cons - I found it left my hair in a better condition than it ever had been, but it became too high maintenance compared with just straightening it. The 'no-poo' subculture can be a little evangelical but I find one rinse + massage with some gentle shampoo followed by hot oil treatment keeps it tip top.
  • Options
    See, I don't straighten mine. At the moment I wash and condition it every other day, rinsing it out on the alternate mornings because my bed hair is ridiculous, and blow dry it every day (with heat protector spray, obv). But my hair hasn't been the same since I bleached it and I would love if I could have it not falling out every time I brush it.

It also starts hurting my head if I leave it too long without washing it, so that's why I'm a bit apprehensive.

I am running out of shampoo, though, and I have a HUGE bottle of conditioner, so...
  • Options
    See, I don't straighten mine. At the moment I wash and condition it every other day, rinsing it out on the alternate mornings because my bed hair is ridiculous, and blow dry it every day (with heat protector spray, obv). But my hair hasn't been the same since I bleached it and I would love if I could have it not falling out every time I brush it.

It also starts hurting my head if I leave it too long without washing it, so that's why I'm a bit apprehensive.

I am running out of shampoo, though, and I have a HUGE bottle of conditioner, so...

My hair used to come out in clumps whenever I washed it. I've been using hot oil treatments once a week (just V05) and there isn't so much breakage and the condition in the ends has really improved - maybe that would help?

I know a lot of no-poo people like to use baking soda and apple cider vinegar as substitutes, I never tried any of that. I don't mind though as I'm not quite convinced that the 'risks' of conventional products are that accurate.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of people with dreads use that combo, because it does a deep clean thing without damaging the hair or leaving a residue, afaik. Sounds like a bit of a faff to me.

Do they sell this hot oil lark at Boots?
  • Options
    Yep, Boots, Superdrug etc. I buy the pack with 4 little tubes. They sell one big tube too, but works out as more expensive.
  • Options
    Aha awesome :D.

Thank yoooooooooou!
  • Options
    You could also heat up olive oil in a microwavable bowl and try that?
  • Options
    do they do mascara and whats it like? im sick of buying mascara and being disapointed

how would i know?
  • Options
    how would i know?

this was more sort of a general question to anyone in the thread that might know re the brand u were talking about
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    how do you use this? i have some but don't know how best to use it.

I used to have white eyeliner along my bottom waterline (not the best thing for your eyes but oh well) + it opens them up and makes them look bigger.

I now the the Eye bright on my waterline, looks alot more natural and does waken/refreshen your look! I also use it as a highlighter across my brow bone (also widens eyes), a line down the nose, and wherever need adjustment really (Dont forget to blend it in)
    It's a really good product! I just need to find a sharpener that fits the stupid pencil ^_^
  • Options
    this was more sort of a general question to anyone in the thread that might know re the brand u were talking about

ah sorry, you quoted me, so i assumed you were asking me
  • Options
    bleepy wrote: »
    I used to have white eyeliner along my bottom waterline (not the best thing for your eyes but oh well) + it opens them up and makes them look bigger.

Just a quicky - it's not bad for your eyes to use liner on your waterline. I've been known to use my gel liner on my waterline. If it's safe for eyes, it's safe for your waterline (with the exception of stuff with glitter in it, for obvious reasons).

Also, to make your eyes look bigger, try putting a bit of white liner/shadow on the inner tear duct (and blend it, obv). That's a mega KAPOW!EYES look.
  • Options
    i look like a rabbit in headlights if i use eyebright on my eyes
  • Options
    Just a quicky - it's not bad for your eyes to use liner on your waterline. I've been known to use my gel liner on my waterline. If it's safe for eyes, it's safe for your waterline (with the exception of stuff with glitter in it, for obvious reasons).

Also, to make your eyes look bigger, try putting a bit of white liner/shadow on the inner tear duct (and blend it, obv). That's a mega KAPOW!EYES look.

Is it not? Oh my mum always said that ^_^
    Yep! I used white eyeshadow or a really, really pale purple one for a warmer kinda effect :D
  • Options
    I want to try this lilylolo now!
  • Options
    I love Lilly Lolo! I have used the Pocelain shade of foundation for over two years. I was so excited to discover the new China Doll shade which is between Porcelain and Blondie shade, just ordered a sample :hyper:

Lilly Lolo is so natural and most products are suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans plus support cruelty free.

Thank you to the Site who introduced me to Lilly Lolo all those years ago, I have not swapped my foundation since :d
  • Options
    I'm looking at the Lilly Lolo website absolutely intrigued. What have you guys done?! :nervous:
  • Options
    i got my sample pots through, only tried blondie but seems quite close to my shade.
    is there anyway of not getting dust all over you when you put it on?
  • Options
    i got some lily lolo sample pots after everybody went on about them last time but im not that impressed, the colour is good but im not that good at applying it i dont think. it goes everywhere. hmm.
  • Options
    I've gone from dark blacky red to whole head of blonde highlights. Still not blonde but the hairdresser said my hair is in really bad condition. (again!!) So I'm currently using a mixture of Tigi Dumb Blonde and Aussie Heat set.

I will get myself some more hot oils - didn't notice a difference last time I used them but worth a shot again. Anyone else got any tips for stopping my hair from breaking?

I know I shouldn't dye it but I get bored!