Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Obligatory World of Warcraft Thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Super, get WoW :D. Then I can do RAF with you and get me free rocket :hyper:.
  • Options
    Oh Blizzard, I love you far too much for that vote-to-kick change :heart:.
  • Options
    We can all speaks to each other now if the Real ID works. BUT i'm a bit concerned that they'll need your email addy which is now your account name. Hmmmmm.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I did the Starcraft 2 Beta and I'm pretty sure you use your Account name as opposed to your Battle.net login email thingy.
  • Options
    Here are a couple of screenshots of old achievements, figured this thread could use some pictures :D
  • Options
    bah i have no achievement screenies xD

i shall however see what i can find :D
  • Options
    Pah, night elves ;)
  • Options
    My favourite screenshot of ever:
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    My favourite screenshot of ever:
    Aww, so cute :D
  • Options
    i'll have you know my priest is not a night elf :-p

she was a draenei and is currently a blood elf so ner :-p
  • Options
    I finally bought Lu dual spec yesterday after winning the tanky axe from heroic HoR on a greed roll (some shiny ret boots dropped at the end and the motherfucking tank rolled need on them and won). Now to get her some more gear for it...
  • Options
    I still need the fecking tank boots from FoS heroic/TotC. Still using valour boots :x
  • Options
    DrP - I need you to tell me the best places to get tank stuff from. I'm clueless :D.

I am bored and they have extended maintenance.

FFFFFFF.
  • Options
    More screenshots, they're not great but they're all I have on my girlfriends PC.
  • Options
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Yippee

Grats on Kingslayer! Now you got the hard modes to look forward to :p
  • Options
    Finally joined a guild, Time and Tide and they're rather good. I killed him on the 2nd go, not because im some super duper player, but they explain stuff well and having vent helps. 'Nove don't fucking stand there' :D

Done Storming, Crimson Hall, Dreamy, Fester n Rotty on HC 10 man
  • Options
    My guild is still banging it's head against Pro Putricide 25HM, then sindy and LK HMs after that...
  • Options
    Can't seem to find a guild that will take my DK as an ICC tank because he doesn't have 5k GS, he's tanked the 1st 4 bosses, I've healed 9/12 on my Druid so I know tacts and the DK is only 50-ish points off 5k. Just seems to be some elitist bollocks to me =\
  • Options
    How are people finding WoW at the moment?

I purposely cancelled my account in January 2010. When I'm working, then fine because I have the work/life/clubbing balance. Without work though and no money to go clubbing, then I'm in danger of WoW taking over my life. I have been offered a new job, due to start on 4th of October, provided that my referees get back to me. I've been /gkicked due to inactivity, so I'll need to address that too.

If I get back into it, what has changed since January? Apparently you can now move existing characters to the opposite faction? Are any graphics improvements being announced? (seeing that it's still based on a 2004 graphics engine).
  • Options
    Pro Putricide 25HM

Oh he is a cunt. Unbound Plague is a pain in the fucking arse. If just 1 person gets it wrong it's fucked :)
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    How are people finding WoW at the moment?
    If I get back into it, what has changed since January? Apparently you can now move existing characters to the opposite faction? Are any graphics improvements being announced? (seeing that it's still based on a 2004 graphics engine).

Bear in mind that probably start of november cataclysm is coming out, so total gear reset for everyone, most of the talent trees are going through a total revamp, new mastery stat introduced.

You can now fation change as you said, seeing models of the new races, worgen and goblins, you can see they look sooo much better than the old models, so hopefully that's a sign they'll update evrything else. Flying in old world will be implemented, 10 man loot will be as good as 25 man loot in cata.

Now is prob a good time to get back into wow and slot yourself into a guild preparing for cata so you can go level together, and as a isaid, total gear reset soon, so being out of the game for a while won't really matter when you're only gonna be using it to level.

Have a look on mmo-champion.com
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Can't seem to find a guild that will take my DK as an ICC tank because he doesn't have 5k GS, he's tanked the 1st 4 bosses, I've healed 9/12 on my Druid so I know tacts and the DK is only 50-ish points off 5k. Just seems to be some elitist bollocks to me =\

Shouldn't be that hard getting the extra 50points of GS then should they?

Case of, why should they make it harder on themselves, when gear is dropping out of the sky atm, and everyone is fairly well geared seeing as it's the end of the expansion and ICC has been out for a year or so. Especially as tank has the greatest ability to wipe the entire raid and tank role is the most gear dependant.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Oh he is a cunt. Unbound Plague is a pain in the fucking arse. If just 1 person gets it wrong it's fucked :)

That and people seem to not be able to run away from maleable goo >_>

0.9% wipe last week....
  • Options
    Shouldn't be that hard getting the extra 50points of GS then should they?

Case of, why should they make it harder on themselves, when gear is dropping out of the sky atm, and everyone is fairly well geared seeing as it's the end of the expansion and ICC has been out for a year or so. Especially as tank has the greatest ability to wipe the entire raid and tank role is the most gear dependant.
    See the thing is, I've seen DK "tanks" wandering around with half tank, half dps gear, some of them in PvP gear (!) with 35k unbuffed and 5.1k GS, getting picked for ICC tanking over me, when I've got full tank gear and 38k unbuffed. I know the tactics it's just a bastard that when I'm in VoA DK gear doesn't drop and when I'm in FoS(hc) or TotC10 I get out rolled on the tank boots. (Though saying that I've never seen the boots drop in FoS =\ )
  • Options
    Thanks Malajusted :-) I didn't realise that the Cata release date has been set so soon. That might be my time to re-play the game.
  • Options
    Date isn't set in stone, but the pre-patching has begun, so it can't be too far off.
  • Options
    Heroic Lich King 10 down, woo finally!
    Rubbers, Bane of the Fallen King <-- FAP!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQIDtg2cjg <--the kill :p

Now all theres left to kill in this expansion are Halion and LK 25HC :P
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    See the thing is, I've seen DK "tanks" wandering around with half tank, half dps gear, some of them in PvP gear (!) with 35k unbuffed and 5.1k GS, getting picked for ICC tanking over me, when I've got full tank gear and 38k unbuffed. I know the tactics it's just a bastard that when I'm in VoA DK gear doesn't drop and when I'm in FoS(hc) or TotC10 I get out rolled on the tank boots. (Though saying that I've never seen the boots drop in FoS =\ )

get the crafted 264 boots..
  • Options
    moonlift wrote: »
    Heroic Lich King 10 down, woo finally!

Well done. Got Crimson Hall heroic last nite, but lets be honest it aint that difficult. Shadow Prison and a bit of extra damage off the big girl herself isn't that hard to deal with.

last nite

DBM WARNING - Empowered Shock Vortex - MOVE AWAY

Me - Voldex move
    Voldex - Why
    Me - You're too close
    Voldex - So
    Me - You have 10 stacks (of shadow prison)
    Voldex - Ice block :)
    EMPOWERED SHOCK VORTEX
    Voldex has died
    Voldex - ffs
    Me - Fail