Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Obligatory World of Warcraft Thread

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You have too much time on your hands.

*misses WoW* :(
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I finished off the Lunar ones last night... So now I'm *takes a breath* Ambassador, Crusader, Elder, Merrymaker DrPirateDK Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Guardian of Cenarius, Jenkins, the Argent Champion, the Explorer, the Hallowed, the Love Fool, the Patient, the Pilgrim, the Seeker, of Orgrimmar, Sen'Jin, Silvermoon, Thunder Bluff, the Undercity, the Shattered Sun. *splutter, cough and die*
    I think you need to change your toon's name because it's really bad :(. Having all those titles is cool and all, but the effect is kinda spoilt by the name ;).
    No.
    Given up on titles, got around 8 or so on my druid now i only have one on my warrior. "The patient"...sucks.

also anything with "dk" in the name is bad.
    moonlift wrote: »
    Given up on titles, got around 8 or so on my druid now i only have one on my warrior. "The patient"...sucks.

also anything with "dk" in the name is bad.
    Exactly.

Also, if you don't have 'Jenkins', you should go get it. I'm sure there's enough people in the level bracked for UBRS for you to get a boost group going. It's peasy.
    wearing the Jenkins title is reserved for Blood elf Paladins and Blood elf Death Knights.

Also, the reason I have "dk" in my name is because I already took "DrPirate" ;[
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    wearing the Jenkins title is reserved for Blood elf Paladins and Blood elf Death Knights.

Also, the reason I have "dk" in my name is because I already took "DrPirate" ;[
    I'm afraid that isn't an excuse :p.

Also, nobody WEARS the Jenkins title, but you should at least HAVE it, since it's the easiest to get.

Also there is nothing wrong with Belf pallies :grump:.

Saying that, she was originally human. I only changed her because I swapped servers and factions to play with my friend on Argent Dawn.
    Nowt wrong with Belf pallies except that they out number ALL races of Death Knight on my server (at level 80). It just annoys me when people don't know how to play their class/know their role in a raid/instance. I don't mind what class people are as long as they don't cause us to wipe.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Nowt wrong with Belf pallies except that they out number ALL races of Death Knight on my server (at level 80). It just annoys me when people don't know how to play their class/know their role in a raid/instance. I don't mind what class people are as long as they don't cause us to wipe.
    Now yes, that's annoying.

Unfortunately death knights in general seem to be shitty. Just because you can roflstomp your way to 80 doesn't mean you can play your class :(.
    I main-tank for alot of my guilds raids, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing :p
    Oh I know. I've seen some amazing DKs, but the vast majority are shit.

Bit like hunters ;o.
    We had a death knight in a pug raid asking every 2 mins in caps WERE DO I LERN SHEILD?

I've also seen several failing to do over 1000dps, which is honestly tragic, generally its people on their first character since they removed the level wotsit and even after playing one i found it mega confusing because rather than levelling a character where you learn each move seperatly you just get everything you need from day one (more or less)

WoW has become soooo easy compared to what it was, upsettingly easy in some cases and its funny that heroic instances are now about as heroic as pissing on a lamp post, even Pit of Saron is so easy I can heal it using my nose to press heal and a mouseover mod - and quite frankly no level of any game should be possible using only your nose.

I find it a bit sad that there is now one instance - HoR - that provides a challenge or even gives an ounce of the old discipline that you needed to play as dps before this introduction of instant aggro tanks :yeees:

It all boils down to business in the end, give the customer what they want and all that ^^ just wish it wasnt so bleedin easy nowadays
    i used to play for about a year, years ago. Met a girl off my guild, had sex with her, she introduced me to thesite and here i am. Stopped playing as I got bored of it and felt like I was wasting my life with it. It's a vicious game. Never looked back.

Had a dwarf rogue and undead warrior as "main chars" (both under lvl 60, long before any expansion pack) and a orc warlock.
    most DKs are played by little kiddas who are like amgad " WHAT? a DEATHKNIGHT THATS SO COOL YO" and name it like "deathdkknight" n other shit like that

DK tanks are insane though.

They cant beat warriors(which i role :D) or paladins though.

Halls of Reflection Heroic is still a bitch to tank especially when them mages are throwing 9k fireballs at my face.
    HoR is a bitch when I am expected to do a million dps and still lay freezing traps and move back to the corner and stay in the healer's line of sight and not die.

Also when it is my first time in there, I SAY it is my first time in there, and the druid healer tells me OMG YOU CAN'T ROLL ON MY POLEARM RARGH (the Orca harpoon wotsit - which would, incidentally, be a disgusting upgrade from my Staff of Trickery) and doesn't tell me tacs and just lets me die and then tells me to effing release because "oh you can run back in it's not the boss". I got back in just as the rest of them said the door comes down. That guy made me angry. So I just sat there outside the door for the whole fight. Muahaha.

Aspect of the Pack comes in mighty handy on the gauntlet though ;D.

Incidentally, imo, best tanks? BEEEEEEEEEEEARS :heart:. I love going into a heroic and there's a bear there with like 60k hp and the healer pretty much gets to throw a hot on him once in a while and dps with the rest of us. Also, at lower levels, bears are hella easy to heal - PW:S, wait for the timer to tick off, PW:S, maybe a renew or a flash heal if there's loads of them, PW:S.
    on my lowbie Druid healer I've found it alot easier to heal pally tanks than bears/warriors.
    Warriors are horrible. I get aggro because of my shield and I hate it. I can't remember the last time I had a pally tank though, so can't comment on that.
    warriors are best at single target tanking, druid, DK and ofc paladins are best at aoe with their aoe spells

In heroics i rarely get hit as a warrior i need to take my legs n chest off so i gain enough rage, the rage i gain from avoiding attacks isnt enough.

maybe i just outgear heroics :)
    warriors are best at single target tanking, druid, DK and ofc paladins are best at aoe with their aoe spells

In heroics i rarely get hit as a warrior i need to take my legs n chest off so i gain enough rage, the rage i gain from avoiding attacks isnt enough.

maybe i just outgear heroics :)
    Idc what they're best at, if they're losing aggro just because I use PW:S, it's annoying as hell.

Also, do people not read patch note? PW:S DOES NOT STOP YOUR RAGE/MANA/WHATEVER REGEN ANYMORE. STOP TELLING ME NOT TO USE IT ON YOU RARGH.
    Franki wrote: »
    Idc what they're best at, if they're losing aggro just because I use PW:S, it's annoying as hell.

Also, do people not read patch note? PW:S DOES NOT STOP YOUR RAGE/MANA/WHATEVER REGEN ANYMORE. STOP TELLING ME NOT TO USE IT ON YOU RARGH.

ive not seen one tank that asks to not be bubbled..
    ive not seen one tank that asks to not be bubbled..
    Really? I've seen several. All warriors, actually.
    I'm with Franki here, the amount of loladins that ask me not to earth shield them because it doesnt give them mana is insane - it was fixed about 5 patches ago :yeees:
    So I can fully believe warriors would do something similar trying to fake their class knowledge, personally i dont get bogged down with details and i just heal people so they don't die.

Ive seen people moan about anything from tactics on that second boss in drek'tharon with the stairs, saying we needed one on the floor and 4 on the stairs, sadly i have no patience with people like that anymore and called him names till he shut up ^^
    Nah ive done loads of heroics n not one persons asked to not be shielded, i must be lucky i guess :P, as for the "stairs boss" in DTK, we usually have a melee taking them on, just one..the damage is barely noticed.
    I'd still be playing WoW if it wasn't for the snotty pricks who look down their nose at you because you don't have armour X or can't do Y damage per second. I was a massive W2/W3 fan so running around the world was an absolute treat; my favourite thing in the game was Van Cleef's Dreadnought. But I can't deal with people who freak out if you're not hitting for the optimum amount of damage because my hat hasn't given me enough strength.

I'll never get to see the best of WoW because it's hidden in the dungeons.
    i don't particularly like PW:S butnot for any real reason, i just don't like my chars glowing :D

i don't tell the healer that tho lol

tho it is rare for me to go anywhere and not heal them myself lately ^^
    Lately my guild has been failing on Lord Marrowgar :/, but luck has striken me i got a tank item last night, waited 3 weeks of straight raiding for that lol!
    I know the feeling, been running Forge of Souls heroic for days trying to get the tank boots from the 2nd boss!

I'm still using the 40 valor boots :x
    Nah ive done loads of heroics n not one persons asked to not be shielded, i must be lucky i guess :P, as for the "stairs boss" in DTK, we usually have a melee taking them on, just one..the damage is barely noticed.
    I'm not talking heroics, I'm talking low levels.
    Franki wrote: »
    Incidentally, imo, best tanks? BEEEEEEEEEEEARS :heart:. I love going into a heroic and there's a bear there with like 60k hp and the healer pretty much gets to throw a hot on him once in a while and dps with the rest of us.

60k HP at level 80? My warlock has about 20K unbuffed, or 24K with buffs. I remember at level 60 waaaaay back in 2006 when my same warlock had 7K health and that was more than what the warriors had in BWL. I virtually out-HP'd everyone back then. What I find equally as sad are current level 80 players who never had the chance to see MC or BWL. I must be losing touch with the game - level 60 WoW was the best.