Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Amilie

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tweety wrote: »
    Looks like my suspitions were right then. Shame people do things like this!

Same. Though I feel nasty saying it...just in case.
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    I think you have to take people at face value though, it's just part of being a member of a site like this. Everyone made a real effort to help amilie whether or not it was all real.

If it's not real i'm glad because the things she was saying just seemed so terrible you couldn't imagine people (especially her family) being so cruel.

I hope she is alright though, makes you wonder why anyone would go this far to get attention from people she doesn't know :(
  • Options
    Same. Though I feel nasty saying it...just in case.

Yeah, I had my suspicions that they were all posted by the same person (my editorial brain picks up pretty quickly on peoples little grammatical idiosyncrasies), but I didn't think it would be particularly helpful to anyone to come in all guns blazing.

I think it's nice for people to see that there is a support network here, even if it was ill-gotten gains and all that. I just hope things like this don't make everyone as jaded as I am :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was thinking it sounded too unbelievable that pretty much everyone would act like that in today's ("western") society. The alternative made more sense...
  • Options
    awww no...i DO hope shes okay, if theres anything going on at all...

but iv been reading this thread with bated breath, i had a feeling it was made up, with the bullies etc :(( i hate that, people on here are so warm and kind and friendly and there for you and some people just abuse it. eeeesh. obviously we dont know exactly whats going on but. hey. im disappointed.
  • Options
    Yep, I also had my suspicions. And no, I'm not just saying that because I want to come across as all smart and knowing. I was far from 100% certain but I was starting to think, the more it went on. It just seemed too terrible. But I think my main suspicion was aroused by the general lack of support she seemed to be getting from Social Services, with the year head seemingly doing things well beyond her remit, including taking Amilie home to stay with her, which I doubt is legal, regardless of the circumstance. She did seem to know what a mental health nurse was though and I'm suspecting this girl does actually have some real problems, but we may never really know. I hope she sorts her life out, anyway.

Still, there's no reason for us to be embarrassed or anything. We have to take everyone as we see them, at least initially. The worst thing we can do is act all suspiciously every time someone new turns up with problems. So, we should just drw a line under it and act like we've always done prevously and be willing to try and help anyone who wants it.
  • Options
    Sugar wrote: »
    I think you have to take people at face value though, it's just part of being a member of a site like this. Everyone made a real effort to help amilie whether or not it was all real.

If it's not real i'm glad because the things she was saying just seemed so terrible you couldn't imagine people (especially her family) being so cruel.

I hope she is alright though, makes you wonder why anyone would go this far to get attention from people she doesn't know :(

:yes:

I witnessed a similar thing on another forum over Christmas. Someone claimed their daughter was very ill and needed a heart operation. She then needed blood and later died. The poster was caught out when they kept giving inconsistent details.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »

I witnessed a similar thing on another forum over Christmas. Someone claimed their daughter was very ill and needed a heart operation. She then needed blood and later died. The poster was caught out when they kept giving inconsistent details.

And that's a shame because I imagine that somewhere there is a woman in that situation who could have done with the help and support that this other woman was given.
  • Options
    The worst thing we can do is act all suspiciously every time someone new turns up with problems. So, we should just drw a line under it and act like we've always done prevously and be willing to try and help anyone who wants it.

Plus it has shown how many nice and caring posters there are! :D
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »

Plus it has shown how many nice and caring posters there are! :D

Yaaay! Go us!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Still, there's no reason for us to be embarrassed or anything. We have to take everyone as we see them, at least initially. The worst thing we can do is act all suspiciously every time someone new turns up with problems. So, we should just draw a line under it and act like we've always done prevously and be willing to try and help anyone who wants it.

Absolutely. Over the last 8 or so years I've been on here I've seen a fair few fakers and no doubt everyone else has too, the best thing we can do is just keep on trying to help :D
  • Options
    Gosh this is a strange outcome! I hope Amilie is doing ok though.
  • Options
    I had my inkling that she had more than one account.
  • Options
    Although she did describe some of her "pregnancy symptoms" pretty well, the cramping in her tummy & nausea but of course we all know how bad symptoms can be, so maybe she was just imaginative. I was even starting to see the little baby in my minds eye! I'm sad now........
  • Options
    I bet I can also guess.know the origin of her IP address.
  • Options
    Doesn't IP address identify "computers" on a network? as in plural. It may be possible the same IP address is used for all the computers in her school? Or am I clutching at straws......
  • Options
    You are clutching at straws.
  • Options
    I know. Still I hope she is ok.
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    I know. Still I hope she is ok.

Mhmm. I'd like to think that she's okay no matter what the issue might be.
    x
  • Options
    If she was a real person yes I do hope she's ok, but for to create multiple accounts and cry out for help I think she/it was just some kind of freak.
  • Options
    If she was a real person yes I do hope she's ok, but for to create multiple accounts and cry out for help I think she/it was just some kind of freak.

That's really harsh. If you're ready to pretend to be someone else and make up a scenario to get help, then you need help and support too.
  • Options
    What are you chattin on about, seriously what did that sentence you just wrote mean in English?
  • Options
    What are you chattin on about, seriously what did that sentence you just wrote mean in English?

It means that someone that is prepared to go to those lengths to get attention is obviously in need of some help and support.

I spell correctly. I use correct grammar. I can even use punctuation.

What don't you understand?
  • Options
    The way it was written.. and that you said it was harsh..

You know people don't just have to be troubled to so something like that.
  • Options
    The way it was written.. and that you said it was harsh..

You know people don't just have to be troubled to so something like that.

But if they were doing it to seek attention then maybe they are.
  • Options
    But if they were doing it to seek attention then maybe they are.

Sometimes, there are people who seek attention for all the wrong reasons and purposly (sp?) who have no problems in their life only the ability to waste their time and others time.. for what benefit, who knows.
  • Options

Lucid-Life,

Calling Amilie a 'Freak' and an 'it' because she has emotional problems and difficulties in expressing them is not in the vibe of The Site and the community here. Also later on the thread, you were necessarily rude to Dancing Horse and their use of English. Also not what we are about on here.

You contribution is always welcomed and we understand that this thread has caused a stir of emotions, but try to think twice about what you are typing before you hit return, particularly if you are feeling emotional.

Thanks
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Harry23 wrote: »
    Lucid-Life,

Calling Amilie a 'Freak' and an 'it' because she has emotional problems and difficulties in expressing them is not in the vibe of The Site and the community here. Also later on the thread, you were necessarily rude to Dancing Horse and their use of English. Also not what we are about on here.

Unfortunately said user is starting to do this a bit too often for my liking.
  • Options
    Lighten up guys about the english, I actually thought she was being rude to me thats why my reply was in a way rude.

As for calling amillie an it etc, please read what I have written before you assume I have called a person that sincerely needed help on these baords a freak.. because I haven't.
This discussion has been closed.