Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Berlusconi to be tried for fraud

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Linkage: http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5159198.stm

:thumb: is all i have to say. The corrupt bastard.

Comments

• Options
    What did he do? Let a goal in against Juventus?
  • Options
    Italian politician in corruption shocker
  • Options
    Berlusconi is an absolute legend.
  • Options
    Berlusconi is an absolute legend.
    I'd love to go on a night out with him and Prince Philip.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    NQA wrote:
    Italian politician in corruption shocker
    :lol:

Ah well, serves the git right.
  • Options
    Compared to some previous Italian PMs it seems he's a bit of a saint

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Andreotti

Seems most countries ex-Prime Ministers go on lucrative lecture tours, the Italians send there's to court.
  • Options
    Not really a big surprise. Anyway Berlusconi is no more corrupt than Chirac. Tessa Jowell's husband is in trouble too. (Labour sleaze...Still, Jowell and her husband were clever enough to 'separate' to minimise the damage).
  • Options
    Why oh why do some people go out of their way to if not justify the actions of a nasty piece of shit, at least attempt to say 'is not worse than others?

Berlusconi is an ultra right wing, ultra corrupt, fascist loving piece of shit. End of. Comparisons with other leaders are irrelevant (not that he could ever be put on the same league as Chirac anyway).

The man is a sem-fascist, anti-democratic, corrupt as fuck piece of shit, and any decent right wing person should be as disgusted of him as anyone else.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Why oh why do some people go out of their way to if not justify the actions of a nasty piece of shit, at least attempt to say 'is not worse than others?

I think it`s called DEMOCRACY.Your sentence seems like a good enough definition for my dictionary.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    I think it`s called DEMOCRACY.Your sentence seems like a good enough definition for my dictionary.
    Eh? :confused:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Eh? :confused:

I'm not justify Berlusconi, but Andreotti had ties to the Mafia. Given that this is an organisation which has brutally murdered hundreds of people - including democratically elected politicians, journalists, judges and ordinary people who just happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time I see that as much worse than corruption.
  • Options
    To a degree... though my rant was more directed at Dis and his comparison with Chirac.

As far as I know Chirac hasn't bribed just about every judge in the land or actually changed the law so he cannot be tried for corruption- the ultime sign of a corrupt shit.

The man has links with the Italian far right and even gave orders to 'shoot on sight' at any would-be immigrants arriving on Italian shores.

He makes every other European leader look like a beacon of honesty and decency.

However he's an ardent neocon war supporter so clearly all can be forgiven as far as some are concerned.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I'm not justify Berlusconi, but Andreotti had ties to the Mafia. Given that this is an organisation which has brutally murdered hundreds of people - including democratically elected politicians, journalists, judges and ordinary people who just happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time I see that as much worse than corruption.

Eh ? ;)

An alleged mob boss can recognise the real mob boss even if the "people" cannot.

"We can`t compete with the government" -John Gotti under oath and on trial.