Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats for tea?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well tonight my mum and brother are have Beef Stew. With like a million vegetables.
  • Options
    I'm having a hand full of bagged salad, Cheese, sardeens, beans, coldslaw, tomatoes and a apple for afters yippee!!!
  • Options
    Kippers with new potatoes with skins on smothered in butter hehe.
  • Options
    something from 'spoons tonight...my friend is dragging the hermits out again...i kinda fancy steak...
  • Options
    Well my mum and my brother had Sheperd's Pie. Their favorite.
  • Options
    Fish pie with roasted cherry tomatoes, steamed spinach and green beans.

I love being at home :heart:.
  • Options
    Steak and mushroom pie, chips, peas and carrot/swede mash :D Can't wait but just found out the pie takes 55minutes :( I'll waste away..

Will be sausage pasta tomorrow - would have been tonight but I forgot to defrost the sausages!
  • Options
    I've only had hot-cross buns, didn't really feel up to much more tbh
  • Options
    Well tonight my mum is having some Quorn Mince and onion suet pastry thing and my brother is having Burger. Yuck.
  • Options
    My mum and brother both had Steak and Chips.
  • Options
    We had lamb chops, garlicky sweet potato mash, new potatoes and green beans with home made gravy and it was fucking delicious. :yum:
  • Options
    sweet potato and leek risotto with some mexicana cheese crumbled on top. Again. I can't get enough of this, it's like the best thing ever!
  • Options
    I had a nice biscuit :rolleyes:

I've not had chance to have any food at all today. I was late leaving so couldn't get anything ready I've got no money to buy anything and I didn't get chance to have many breaks...so not had anything since bloody 9am and now I'm way too tired to be arsed cooking :no:
  • Options
    Tonight will be pasta with dolmio sweet pepper sauce and garlic bread :D Yummmmmm
  • Options
    sweet potato and leek risotto with some mexicana cheese crumbled on top. Again. I can't get enough of this, it's like the best thing ever!
    This may have already been asked/provided, but can I please have the recipe for that? It sounds fantastic - plus I've got a friend who's veggie and we want to have her and her husband round for dinner soon, so that could be a perfect choice!
  • Options
    My mum and brother both had Steak and Chips.

Do you ever eat with your family? or indeed eat becuase all the things you have posted sound really yummy and i dont' think i would be able to cope if i knew so many people were eating so much yummy stuff.

Tonight i was going to do pork steaks with mushroom and white wine sauce but i've had a sudden idea to do pork stirfry instead mainly becuase i've got loads of chard and i'm not sure waht to do with it.
  • Options
    Some of yesterday's chicken with homemade chips.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've just had chips with gravy, bit of a snack more than anything. Such a Northern snack.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I've just had chips with gravy, bit of a snack more than anything. Such a Northern snack.

Curry sauce all the way son.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ain't got any, pretty much having the last of the food I have :(
  • Options
    We're having chilli. Yum :yum:.
  • Options
    chicken arabiatta...from M&S cos i'm still not up to cooking...burnt myself making a boiled egg this morning, and it was underdone
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    This may have already been asked/provided, but can I please have the recipe for that? It sounds fantastic - plus I've got a friend who's veggie and we want to have her and her husband round for dinner soon, so that could be a perfect choice!

This is the second time today I've been asked for this, at work two colleagues marched me into tesco and asked me to tell them what to buy to make it :o

I don't have an exact recipe for it because I'm very much someone who just throws things in a pan and hopes for the best, plus it depends what veg I have in the fridge etc.
    Basically though, I use:
    1 small onion, diced
    1 large or 2 smaller leeks, diced (well as much as you can dice a leek!)
    1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
    3 or 4 carrots, diced
    1 or 2 cloves of garlic, chopped/crushed
    lots of mushrooms, but only chopped in half because I don't like them and they are easier to fish out and just serve to my OH that way :D

start off with the onion and the leek in a pan in a bit of oil or some butter and soften that. Covering it with a lid is best.

when that's soft, add the rest of the veg and a bit of water. Put the lid back on and then cook them through a bit, usually about 10 mins, perhaps less.

Then add some risotto rice (or paella rice works just as well) and stir it all in to the veg. Add enough stock just to cover it all, as it's easier to add more liquid later than take it away. Again, I don't use exact measurements for the rice and some days it ends up more ricey or more vegetabley than others! just put as much in as you like, but remeber to use enough liquid.

Just simmer it until it's cooked, remember to keep stirring it so that it doesn't stick. Add more stock if necessary. I try to smush the sweet potato a lot as well so that it disintigrates a bit and helps make the sauce.

When it's cooked, serve it (removing mushrooms as necessary ;) ) and then put some cubes of mexicana on top, or cheddar or whatever, and stir it in. YUMMY.

So, how long is it going to be before someone comes along and corrects all the things I'm bound to be doing wrong? ;)
  • Options
    Well my Mum had Bread with Cheese, Tomatoes and Herbs and my Brother had Burgurs and Chips.
  • Options
    and what about you? I mean not that I don't care what your mum and brother had, cos I do log on just to find out ;) but this thread is about what YOU had for dinner, not them :)
  • Options
    We will be having ham, cheese and mushroom creamy pasta bake, and Mr Olive best like it, cause I damn near popped my clogs making it!

ETA: KHSS, that risotto sounds tastylicious! :yum:
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Lunch is minor meal during the day.
    Supper is minor meal in the evening.
    Dinner means the main meal of the day so it can be either.

And tea is something you drink.

I say desert when I'm talking about a region without much precipitation i.e the Sahara.

I say dessert when I'm talking about the last course of the meal.
    Pudding can a sweet dessert such as spotted dick, but it can also be a savoury main course such as steak and ale pudding.

i'm from the midlands and i say ...

lunch is the second meal of the day at 12ish.

dinner is the main event and where you eat the most.

and i say pudding not dessert.

tea means literally a light dinner i.e tea and biscuits/cheese and crackers sorta thing.

thought i'd give my opinion on this matter! :D
  • Options
    My Brother and Mum are having Sheperds Pie.
  • Options
    Tonight I'm having a fry up (I promise I do eat healthy at times hehe) with sausages, bacon, fried egg, slice of bread and beans.
  • Options
    i'm from the midlands and i say ...

lunch is the second meal of the day at 12ish.

dinner is the main event and where you eat the most.

and i say pudding not dessert.

tea means literally a light dinner i.e tea and biscuits/cheese and crackers sorta thing.

thought i'd give my opinion on this matter! :D

Ohhh I say lunch and then tea for the evening meal - because i'm common apparently - afternoon tea is a meal involving sandwhiches and cakes.

Dinner usually involves 3 or more courses and its eaten outside of ones house i.e. a restaurant or with other people in your own home i.e. a dinner party.

Tonight for tea i'm having a vennison sausages with bubble and squeek, chard and possibly some baked potatoes all smothered in red wine sauce.