Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The "Islam Is Peace" campaign...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *wonders why this make a difference*

Is it only caucasians who can make racist comments then?
    ^ I don't think you get it Man Of Kent....

How the hell did the subject of 'racism' come into a thread about ISLAM?

MUSLIMS ARE NOT A RACE.

What were you trying to achieve by bringing in the subject of 'racism' into this debate which has gone on for over 30 pages without ANY racism or mention of racism whatsoever?

What was YOUR agenda for bringing 'racism' into this discussion???
  • Options
    I see that you edited your post to include this...
    ETA: You are correct, Muslims are not a race. However, hatred towards people based on their religious beliefs is treated in the same way as hatred towards people based on their race.
    ^ Quite frankly, your 2nd statement is rubbish.

It depends on the religous belief.

Do you not hate peoples belief that apostates should be killed??

Do you not hate peoples belief that adulterers should be stoned to death??

Do you not hate peoples belief that husbands should beat their wives if they fear disobedience??
  • Options
    My last observation is that the last time that this place was invaded by "single issue users", they were racists. I see very little difference between many of their steroetyped arguments and the ones being used here.

I completely resent this untrue and unfair accusation. For one thing, I have been posting in other threads since the very first night I joined this forum. For another, I have not made any arguments based on stereotypes. I have argued on the basis of the contents of the Qur'an and ahadith, followed those arguments with examples of how these texts are interpreted by muslim scholars, (with links provided), and examples of what happens when these interpretations are put into practise.

Any flaws in presenting these arguments are due to lack of presentation ability on my part. They are not due to racism, which I thoroughly despise.
  • Options
    cheeta wrote: »
    They are not due to racism, which I thoroughly despise.
    The subject of 'racism' has no place in this debate whatsoever.

I dunno why Man Of Kent felt the need to randomly bring it into this debate.

What was his agenda for doing so?

I await his response...
  • Options
    RE: Slander

I am opening a thread on Slander. To continue the discussion on slander plz take it there.
  • Options
    sanitize wrote: »
    The subject of 'racism' has no place in this debate whatsoever.

I dunno why Man Of Kent felt the need to randomly bring it into this debate.

What was his agenda for doing so?

I await his response...

Not sure if your intention is to try and be the most patronising poster in the history of the boards? You're well on the way right now.

Stop telling people what issues they are 'allowed' to bring up - you don't control this thread or this debate.
  • Options
    Stop telling people what issues they are 'allowed' to bring up - you don't control this thread or this debate.

So, who does control this thread or this debate?

Who has deleted threads for no good reason? Threatened posters with bans for no good reason? Offered to lock this thread at the drop of a yawn??????

I think that might be you.

I would love to see why Mr Kent or whatever his name is has accused every newbie in the thread of racism. We have a 30 odd page thread where nobody has commited racism, and suddenly he wanders in and accuses random people of it. As a moderator Jim, could you not ask him to produce a source for that?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Not sure if your intention is to try and be the most patronising poster in the history of the boards? You're well on the way right now.

^ Am I allowed to ask Man Of Kent why he felt the need to bring 'racism' into this debate? What his agenda was for doing so?

That's all I was doing Jim V. Nothing patronising about that whatsoever.
  • Options
    Oh both of you grow up, it's a sad sight to see.

You want to be part of a debate then try to do it in a way that isn't patronising and doesn't make you look like children.

If people want to post personal opinions they can, they don't need to provide links for it. On the other hand when people start posting things they claim as facts for the whole of the muslim community rather than opinions they will be required to provide links.

Stop acting like the hurt parties, it makes you both sound like spoilt children throwing your toys out of your prams.
  • Options
    Who has deleted threads for no good reason? Threatened posters with bans for no good reason? Offered to lock this thread at the drop of a yawn??????

And just to be clear - you may not feel that calling the majority of Muslims murderers is a reason for a banning - I on the other hand don't believe that people have a right to spread hatred through this charity.
  • Options
    ^ Why did you emphasise the word "allowed" when the word "allowed" didn't even feature in my post that you were replying to?

I wasn't telling anyone what they were 'allowed' to do, I was merely asking Man Of Kent why he felt the need to bring the issue of racism into this debate.
  • Options
    Oh both of you grow up, it's a sad sight to see.

You want to be part of a debate then try to do it in a way that isn't patronising and doesn't make you look like children.

If people want to post personal opinions they can, they don't need to provide links for it. On the other hand when people start posting things they claim as facts for the whole of the muslim community rather than opinions they will be required to provide links.

Stop acting like the hurt parties, it makes you both sound like spoilt children throwing your toys out of your prams.
    ^ Are you looking for a reason to close this thread?
  • Options
    ^ Why did you emphasise the word "allowed" when the word "allowed" didn't even feature in my post that you were replying to?

I wasn't telling anyone what they were allowed to do, I was merely asking Man Of Kent why he felt the need to bring the issue of racism into this debate.

Oh please, stop being so fucking pedantic, it's boring as fuck to read - you've constantly told people what they can and can't bring up. You want to be part of a debate, accept that people have things to bring up you might not have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ^ Are you looking for a reason to close this thread?

Don't tempt me...
  • Options
    On the other hand when people start posting things they claim as facts for the whole of the muslim community rather than opinions they will be required to provide links.

Nobody has claimed facts for the whole of the muslim community. It is a sad fact that you have reacted to legitimate criticisms of Islam with "not all muslims do it". That's your only comeback. So far.
    You want to be part of a debate, accept that people have things to bring up you might not have thought of beforehand.

Like what????? I have seen nothing yet that I didn't think of beforehand, just the same old tu quoque about other religions, and ad hominems. So what was new that I missed?
  • Options
    Nobody has claimed facts for the whole of the muslim community. It is a sad fact that you have reacted to legitimate criticisms of Islam with "not all muslims do it". That's your only comeback. So far.

Yes they have, and that's why they were deleted until links can be provided.
  • Options
    Yes they have, and that's why they were deleted until links can be provided.

Somebody claimed "facts for the whole of the muslim community" ?

Who, and what did they claim, exactly? Must have been a really strange
    claim if the whole post got deleted.

Or are you talking about Baal's post about banks that you deleted for no good reason?
  • Options
    Since the last few pages of this debate aren't actually about Islam, I think it's safe to say we've drifted off topic. The rules are quite clear in the stickies, and they do say the mod has the final say.

So, without further ado:

In before the lock ;)
  • Options
    It's useless trying to argue with a mod lets see if we can get this thread back on track and discuss the original post.

And please, can we stop the tu-quoque, stop the ad-hominem, stop looking for 'agendas', and just discuss the topic.

So, regarding the IslamIsPeace campaign...

Does anyone think that this campaign should be given any time or space on our London advertising boards dispite the false, incorrect and dishonest information within it?

Surely, it would be easier to support a campaign which actually presented 'correct' information right?
  • Options
    Does anyone think that this campaign should be given any time or space on our London advertising boards dispite the false, incorrect and dishonest information within it?

Links / sources for 'false', 'incorrect', and 'dishonest information' please :)
  • Options
    ShyBoy, the discussion with Man of Kent IS in regards to the OP. Man of Kent is stating that the 30 pages are racism, he is throwing the entire possibility of criticism into doubt. Which is his contribution to the original OP.

That is a grave accusation and Sanitize merely asked him in so many nice ways to substantiate his position. Man of Kent still did not substantiate his position.

Now I opened a new thread on what constitutes slander and libel within the framework of Freedom of Speech. I recommend to take any conversation that might discuss Slander to that thread.
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Now I opened a new thread on what constitutes slander and libel within the framework of Freedom of Speech. I recommend to take any conversation that might discuss Slander to that thread.

No thanks fella, I have paint I want to see dry. :D
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    ^ I've already mentioned some of them somewhere in this 30+ page thread.

I'll try to dig them out when I get home and have more time. :)
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    ShyBoy, the discussion with Man of Kent IS in regards to the OP. Man of Kent is stating that the 30 pages are racism, he is throwing the entire possibility of criticism into doubt. Which is his contribution to the original OP.

That is a grave accusation and Sanitize merely asked him in so many nice ways to substantiate his position. Man of Kent still did not substantiate his position.

Actually he didn't accuse anyone of racism how I read it. But I'm not being drawn into an argument that has no bearing on the issue. Is it wrong to say Islam is for peace? Nope.
  • Options
    ^ I've already mentioned some of them somewhere in this 30+ page thread.

I'll try to dig them out when I get home and have more time. :)

Don't worry about it, we're just arguing in circles now anyway.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it, we're just arguing in circles now anyway.
    Asking someone to defend his point is not turning in circle. It is called cornering.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    No thanks fella, I have paint I want to see dry. :D

I am quite curious to know what people posting here consider to be slander or libel. Feel free to post your view in that other thread.
  • Options

This campaign alleges that Islam is a religion of peace. Here are some sources for the false, incorrect and dishonest information, like you asked.
    Here's an example of Islam applied to ordinary life.

Source: http://islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=10896

Could you please clarify the points below? 1. Dont you think sex without marriage is a disgrace to that particular woman? Please give a detailed reply to this point as to why sex is allowed without marriage. 2. What is the status of the child born through this relationship? And if it comes to the knowledge of the male that his slave is pregnant then should he marry her immediately? Can he leave her if he wants to? 3. To what sort of women does this rule apply. I mean can they be ordinary citizens (mothers/sisters/wives of men) of any city Muslims capture or they must have taken part in the battle against Muslims so that this rule may apply to them. 4. What treatment do women captured get if they are already married and there husbands are taken prisoners and are yet alive. Are they also subject to the same treatment above?What if there husbands have died in the fight. Are they restricted to the "Iddat" period before they are available for sex or are they refrained form doing so for that period? 5.I understand that these women may necessarily not be used as sex objects but since this is allowed I cant help thinking of the fact that if a Muslim haves sex with a women for days or months and then just leaves her off she is a prostitute who has filled the desire of an unknown man willingly or unwillingly. Don’t you think so? I’m confused please help
  • Options
    Is it wrong to say Islam is for peace? Nope.

Yes it is wrong, it's not like Alladin would have everyone believe, ie = to a misleading advertising campaign for a washing up liquid, it's an advertising campaign to make the world believe that Islam is peace and that it's being hijacked by fringe nutjobs.

Islam means submission, salaam means peace.

I spent my entire life so far, trapped in what they would have you believe is peaceful, and as an ex insider I can say without doubt that it is them vs you (us), and peace is only possible once you become part of the ummah.

The fringe elements that get blamed, are actually the real deal.

Still, guess I can be thankful that by the time it becomes a major issue and they actually have enough people to make the HUGE changes they want to to western life, I will be dead.
  • Options
    Is it wrong to say Islam is for peace? Nope

Yep, it is wrong, factually speaking. Muslims as individuals are mostly peaceful, but Islam is a violent, horrible ideology.
This discussion has been closed.