Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weekend Thread!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm doing the obligatory weekend thread and it's one day early because I won't be here tomorrow! I'm going to..

:hyper: :D Global Gathering!! :D :hyper:

I'm over the fact that it will probably rain and I'm going to embrace it with my wicked wellies and the 'i just got out of the shower look' hair :razz: :cool:

Woohoo!

What are the rest of you doing?

Comments

• Options
    Might be heading to belfast tonight.
    Do fuck all tomorrow, start working on coursework I have to re-submit.
    Get rotttttttttttttttttttttttttttto on Saturday.
    Die on Sunday! Or get rottttttttttttttto again? :chin:
  • Options
    Fuck all except for working.
    I'm absolutely skint after Kavos, infact I owe people money.
    I'm also trying to have a break from drugs for a bit, and if I drink again anytime soon I'll get alcohol poisoning. :p
  • Options
    Urgh this weekend is gonna be shit because im ''laying low'' for a while plus i have about three quid to my name and three of my best mates are down in newquay (i couldnt afford to go) and my other best mate is in hospital.

so for the first time in months im 'having a quiet one'
  • Options
    working
  • Options
    Seeing as I'm back home this week, tonight and tomorrow I'm going to t'pub with people I literally haven't seen in six or seven years.

Back down to the Weeg on Saturday, curry kareoke at night if I'm not too tired.
  • Options
    Global Gathering :D:D:D
  • Options
    I'm seeing my boyfriend this weekend! Woohoo, second week in a row...I love the summer!!

Two of my friends are getting married, so we're off to celebrate with them. Should be fun.
  • Options
    free gaf tonight so few cunts over to get polaxed .. probably carry on drinkin :thumb:
  • Options
    Seeing die hard and transformers on Sunday :)
  • Options
    I'm out with my housemates tonight to watch The Simpsons :hyper:

Tomorrow night I'm out in Manchester after having a BBQ with my housemates :D

Saturday I'm out shopping with my mates at the Trafford Centre.

Sunday, I'm off to Hull for the day to see JsT and Rachael :)

Good weekend lined up.
  • Options
    I'm going to see HP and the Order of the Phoenix at the IMAX in Bradford. :D Aaand I will do some more job hunting.
  • Options
    Tomorrow I am working til 2:30, then I'm going to go to the post office, then I'm going to go to London because I'm going for tapas with Rich and all his friends for his birthday (which is on Sunday), and on Saturday we're coming back here and I'm working 5pm-11pm, then on Sunday it are Rich's birthday so I have to figure out something to do.

Or something along those lines.
  • Options
    I'm packing tonight then at work tomorrow then after work i'm off to belfast for the weekend. can't wait. :hyper:

come back sunday tea time pick my son up and head home for a early night ready for dreaded work on monday :(
  • Options
    I'm packing tonight then at work tomorrow then after work i'm off to belfast for the weekend. can't wait. :hyper:

can i ask why? its beyond me why someone would come here volunatrily! lol
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    can i ask why? its beyond me why someone would come here volunatrily! lol

To see someone i met on holiday. Never been to ireland before like
  • Options
    Glooooobbaaaaaalllllll !!!!!
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    Seeing die hard and transformers on Sunday :)

Die Hard is pretty rubbish - I recommend not wasting your £££. Utter UTTER nonsense (even in the context of being a Die Hard film). Very entertaining, in an "I can't believe I'm watching this" sense, but very poor overall.

Transformers was great though :)

Oh - I'm going to the Cheshire Street Sessions @ The Key tomorrow, then onto Redlight @ Aquarium (where the swimming pools are open) for the after party at 5am.

Wicked.
  • Options
    I was meant to go to Pressure at The Arches, but a few bevvies tomorrow night with folk from work and home. Saturday, pay off all my bills, quiet weekend in time for next weekend for Optimo's BARN DANCE! Yas.
  • Options
    going to see apocolypse now at the BFI, and thats it......i really have no social life right now...
  • Options
    Nothing, but it'll depend on whether or not my ear has cleared up.
  • Options
    casual night with some family and the gf tomorrow night, probably involve a few pints, then on a leo sayer in manchester on saturday
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    Glooooobbaaaaaalllllll !!!!!

Well i was going to Global but not sure i should now i know they're letting northern cunts in :p

Hmm Global. Yes thats my weekend.
  • Options
    Friday starts off with a short lie-in, until 10am. I've then got a couple of things to do during the day before starting the Friday night shift in the arcade at 5pm. I'll be out of there about midnight, only to be back at 10am on Saturday for the next shift. At 5pm, I'm meeting up with... well, someone I'm seeing, put it that way. I have no plans for Sunday yet.
    lipsy wrote: »
    I'm doing the obligatory weekend thread and it's one day early because I won't be here tomorrow! I'm going to Global Gathering!
    I hope you enjoy yourself, Lipsy. Sadly, I won't be at Europe's biggest dance music festival - after all, can anyone imagine me at a festival? The closest I'm getting to it is the album which I bought this week. Bloody good it is too.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Friday starts off with a short lie-in, until 10am. I've then got a couple of things to do during the day before starting the Friday night shift in the arcade at 5pm. I'll be out of there about midnight, only to be back at 10am on Saturday for the next shift. At 5pm, I'm meeting up with... well, someone I'm seeing, put it that way. I have no plans for Sunday yet. I hope you enjoy yourself, Lipsy. Sadly, I won't be at Europe's biggest dance music festival - after all, can anyone imagine me at a festival? The closest I'm getting to it is the album which I bought this week. Bloody good it is too.

What is it?
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    What is it?
    What's what?
  • Options
    The album ...
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    The album ...
    Godskitchen Global Gathering, out on New State this week. Click for the tracklist. Favourite track for me has to be the Dave Spoon remix of Paul Van Dyk's "White Lies".
  • Options
    Everybody and their dog seems to be going to this Global thing, including my flatmate who I need to be in the flat cause I've left my keys in there before I left last week.

Is it just one big rave then?
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Everybody and their dog seems to be going to this Global thing, including my flatmate who I need to be in the flat cause I've left my keys in there before I left last week.

2 day rave .. biggest DJ's ... best music in the world
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Yes, pretty much. It's basically one massive party in Stratford-Upon-Avon, from July 26 to 28, if I've got my dates right. There's a huge mix of live acts and DJs from all types of dance music. Just about everything is catered for. It's the biggest dance festival in Europe by now, this is its fourth year.

Myself and Lipsy seem to have fairly similar tastes in music, so I can't blame her for going. I'm just jealous. :p