Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thick hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I want to try and grow my hair long(..... :crazyeyes )but the problem is its really thick so it kind of grows out like an afro instead!!! :eek:
Just wondering if its possible for me to grow it long or will it just make me look even more gormless and stupid than usual? :cool:
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    you'll probbaly just have to grow it out and look like a mushroom for a while!
  • Options
    get a good hairdresser, and have lots and lots of layers to thin it out. also get them to use the razor on it, sounds scary but it works a treat!
  • Options
    you'll probbaly just have to grow it out and look like a mushroom for a while!

:lol: You crack me up!

Agree with kangoo, layers and get the hairdresser to give you a razor-cut so your hair'll fall with less volume/poofiness. I'm sure it won't look as bad as you're imagining.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :lol: You crack me up!

when i have shorter hair i look like a mushroom.

the longer your hair gets, the more it should weigh it down. in theory.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    get a good hairdresser, and have lots and lots of layers to thin it out. also get them to use the razor on it, sounds scary but it works a treat!

Yeah that's what I get done to my hair cos it's so thick. My old hairdresser went a bit crazy with the razoring tho and I ended up with some odd short bits of hair all over the place! Got a fabby new hairdresser tho who tends to use layering and just a wee bit of razor.
  • Options
    Yeah i have my hair thinned with a razor too an it works great, my hair dresser asked me once if i got headaches cos my hair was so think an i laughed but she was serious :confused:
  • Options
    Cheers I`ll try this "razoring" thing.
    I was just gonna leave it and let it go of its own accord and then attack with gel when it got too bad.... :eek: