Home Health & Wellbeing
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eyebrow piercing growing out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically my eyebrow piercing has been growing out for some time now and there's only a little bit of skin holding it in there...however it's been like this for ages and it isn't actually coming out. lol It's almost as if this is as far as it's going.
Anyway it's pissing me off and I want it re-pierced, can I just take it out and then go in the next day and get it re-pierced? Also does it hurt more the second time?
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happened to me; take it out asap otherwise there'll be a visible scar. You can repierce an eyebrow piercing behind the scar tissue once the original piercing has healed, and there's a higher chance of it staying it as the scar tissue will hold it in place. However, an eyebrow piercing is the only non-guaranteeable piercing, and all eyebrows have a 50% chance of rejection, so it still may not stay.

    I'd take it out today, wait for the piercing to heal and then go back to your piercer in a couple of months time. Some places will do the second one for free as it's a non-guaranteed piercing.

    Shouldn't hurt more as long as they do it behind the scar; scar tissue does hurt more so make sure they go behind the scar and not through.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happened to me; take it out asap otherwise there'll be a visible scar. You can repierce an eyebrow piercing behind the scar tissue once the original piercing has healed, and there's a higher chance of it staying it as the scar tissue will hold it in place. However, an eyebrow piercing is the only non-guaranteeable piercing, and all eyebrows have a 50% chance of rejection, so it still may not stay.

    I'd take it out today, wait for the piercing to heal and then go back to your piercer in a couple of months time. Some places will do the second one for free as it's a non-guaranteed piercing.

    Shouldn't hurt more as long as they do it behind the scar; scar tissue does hurt more so make sure they go behind the scar and not through.


    I don't wanna wait 2 months though lol, can I not just get it re-pierced straight away? I'd feel naked without it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It does feel weird but it'll come straight out again; even faster, because there'll only be a tiny bit of skin holding it and then it'll grow straight into the hole that was there before. Then you'll be back where you started except it'll properly hang off your face because they hole will effectively be double the size it is now.

    I think you're just going to have to bite your lip and be naked for a while! :naughty:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It does feel weird but it'll come straight out again; even faster, because there'll only be a tiny bit of skin holding it and then it'll grow straight into the hole that was there before. Then you'll be back where you started except it'll properly hang off your face because they hole will effectively be double the size it is now.

    I think you're just going to have to bite your lip and be naked for a while! :naughty:

    Hmmmm....mish! lol

    What if I just let it grow out? Would I have to wait for it to heal before getting it re-pierced then too? Or could I do it straight away?

    If I do decide to take it out...how the fuck do you take it out? lol I've been playing around with those little balls on the ends of the bar and I can't figure out how it's done. I had a ring before but I got the piercers to change it for me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Patience, child, patience!!

    Letting it grow out will be annoying because it's more likely to catch on things and it'll end up hanging off your face and looking stupid.

    Look, do what you like but I honestly wouldn't advise getting it repierced immediately. If you wait then you'll have a much more permanent piercing. Don't wait, and you risk buggering up your eyebrow for good, because you could end up with a very deep scar and a misshapen eyebrow. At then end of the day, a piercing isn't fashion in the way that clothes are. Clothes you can take on and off and fiddle around with them, but a piercing is essentially self-mutilation and you have to be sensible.

    As for taking it out, one of the balls (usually the top one) will screw off. It might be really tight, so a pair of pliers might come in handy, but if you're going to do that it'd probably be better to go to your piercer; they'll do it for free and there's less chance of ripping your face off by accident.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Patience, child, patience!!

    Letting it grow out will be annoying because it's more likely to catch on things and it'll end up hanging off your face and looking stupid.

    Look, do what you like but I honestly wouldn't advise getting it repierced immediately. If you wait then you'll have a much more permanent piercing. Don't wait, and you risk buggering up your eyebrow for good, because you could end up with a very deep scar and a misshapen eyebrow. At then end of the day, a piercing isn't fashion in the way that clothes are. Clothes you can take on and off and fiddle around with them, but a piercing is essentially self-mutilation and you have to be sensible.

    As for taking it out, one of the balls (usually the top one) will screw off. It might be really tight, so a pair of pliers might come in handy, but if you're going to do that it'd probably be better to go to your piercer; they'll do it for free and there's less chance of ripping your face off by accident.

    Hmm ok...I get your point...I'll go down there tomorrow and get them to take it out. :crying:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's ok, just keep breathing, eat a lot of ice cream and mourn for a bit. It'll be back, and time will fly, I promise!! :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's ok, just keep breathing, eat a lot of ice cream and mourn for a bit. It'll be back, and time will fly, I promise!! :D

    Lol I know, I know... but I wanted to have it when I go on my clubbing holiday in Kavos in July, because I wanted to get like a glow in the dark bar or something for the clubs. :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I don't wanna wait 2 months though lol, can I not just get it re-pierced straight away? I'd feel naked without it.
    No. 6 months is the recommended healing time, before you re-pierce scar tissue. Looks like you're just gonna have to suck it up, and wait. :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No. 6 months is the recommended healing time, before you re-pierce scar tissue. Looks like you're just gonna have to suck it up, and wait. :rolleyes:

    6 MONTHS?!?! FUCK THAT! :shocking:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could have the other eye done while you wait?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    6 MONTHS?!?! FUCK THAT! :shocking:
    Feel free to pierce it now... only don't hate me when I laugh when you post a picture of your majorly/permanently fucked eyebrow :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote: »
    You could have the other eye done while you wait?

    Yeah but having the right side pierced is a sign of homosexuality...apparantly.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People still say stuff like that? I remember back in grade school boys couldn't have just their right ear pierced else that ment they were gay, even though nobody knew what being gay at that age even was :p

    maybe they can pierce it to the left or right a little of where the old one was.

    Sorry if I missed it, but how long have you had it pierced? I've alway sbeen curious at how long things take to grow out.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote: »

    Sorry if I missed it, but how long have you had it pierced? I've alway sbeen curious at how long things take to grow out.

    I've had it for about a year now...so not very long. Although eyebrow piercings are meant to be one of the quickest piercings to grow out.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Yeah but having the right side pierced is a sign of homosexuality...apparantly.

    No, not at all Ed. You go out and get your right eye brow pierced. We wont laugh :p

    Why don't you get something else pierced then if your that bothered for your holiday or even better get a tattoo :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Calvin wrote: »
    No, not at all Ed. You go out and get your right eye brow pierced. We wont laugh :p

    Why don't you get something else pierced then if your that bothered for your holiday or even better get a tattoo :yes:

    Haha sure Cal!

    Yeah, I was thinking about that...but I've just always loved eyebrow piercings, I don't know why, I just think they look so damn cool and sexy. lol Nothing else would compare.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote: »
    People still say stuff like that? I remember back in grade school boys couldn't have just their right ear pierced else that ment they were gay, even though nobody knew what being gay at that age even was :p

    When i was at school I purposfully got my right ear only pierced - I wanted to freak everyone else out.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Out of interest did it really hurt first time around ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Out of interest did it really hurt first time around ?

    It stung like a fucker but I've experienced worse pain, and it's only for a a second.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    deceelpool wrote: »
    Out of interest did it really hurt first time around ?

    Mine hardly hurt at all; it's just a bit annoying becayse sleeping on the side you've had it pierced hurts for a while
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get it taken out, professionally if you have to, otherwise the scarring from it fully growing out is going to be a lot worse. Then just wait for it to heal and it get it redone behind the scar tissue, or slightly to either side of it. I know you mean about being naked without your peircing, I very rarely take mine out for that reason. I'll be getting ear peircing no.8 very soon hopefully.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had 4 times they always full grow out.

    3 in my right and 1 in my left.

    I can't believe you think having the right side done is a 'sign of gay'. - how old are you, 12? no offence mate but grow up - if want the right side done then get it, if not don't :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had 4 times they always full grow out.

    3 in my right and 1 in my left.

    I can't believe you think having the right side done is a 'sign of gay'. - how old are you, 12? no offence mate but grow up - if want the right side done then get it, if not don't :rolleyes:

    Lol I wasn't really being that serious.

    So what did you have another eyebrow pierced straight after one side had grown out?
    Also how long did it take yours to heal so you could get it re-pierced?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good ;):p

    Well I had one eyebrow done 3 times, and it just kept growing out, I'd say within 4-6 months each time, and like yours I let it grow ALL the way out till there was barely nothing left lol.

    In the end the scarring was/is so bad and deep it fuckin killed each time I had it done plus it just seemed dumb, so I figured I try the other side, and exactly the same thing happened...

    It's a major drag dude, I think about getting it done again sometimes but I don't know about you, but personally I spend about two fuckin months trying to clean the damn thing and keep it puss-free (ergh) and then its gone a couple months later..

    In the end I had my nipple done instead, hurt a lot more and didn't really be pain free for a good 6 months lol but hey it's still there years later!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good ;):p

    Well I had one eyebrow done 3 times, and it just kept growing out, I'd say within 4-6 months each time, and like yours I let it grow ALL the way out till there was barely nothing left lol.

    In the end the scarring was/is so bad and deep it fuckin killed each time I had it done plus it just seemed dumb, so I figured I try the other side, and exactly the same thing happened...

    It's a major drag dude, I think about getting it done again sometimes but I don't know about you, but personally I spend about two fuckin months trying to clean the damn thing and keep it puss-free (ergh) and then its gone a couple months later..

    Lol I know what you mean, but I love it so I'm definately gonna give it another few shots.

    I'm debating whether to go down to the piercers tomorrow, tell them to take it out, pierce the other eyebrow and put it in there.
    Or should I just wait for this one to heal? How long did it take for yours to heal before getting it re-pierced?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I honestly can't remember, I think I had a fair break in between them tbh, you could just ask the piercers, if they think it will be OK to just redo then do for it lol.. if not yeah just have the other one done.. I know what you mean though when you're set on having it in one particular side..

    I'm off to bed now - good luck tomorrow if you decide to go for something!!:thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cheers, I'll decide on the bus journey! lol
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i say take it out. ive had both of mine done and one of them got so thin that it got ripped out in a club. its not too bad, but the scars there.
    so take it out, heal it up and get it done again.
    time without it is better than havin it ripped out trust me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I'm definately going to get it taken out on Monday, I haven't had time to get the bus down to Brighton yet but after reading this thread, I'm definately going to get it taken out on Monday.
    Cheers people, it will be back though. :thumb:
Sign In or Register to comment.