Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sexiest Accents

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Scottish or geordie. :drool:
  • Options
    i like some spanishy or indian sounding accents and posh english or maybe some eastern european ones. but i do hate american accents. i can't stand new york, boston, minnesota and especially where i live, ohio. they say words like wash and make them sound like 'worsh' and other things that are stupid.
  • Options
    French girls have never been my thing but tonight at a funeral one of the catering staff (a student, I got her number) was a Frenchie and she's one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen, he accent made me knees turn to jelly - that and the open bar.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I must admit I like the Geordie accent too, not particularly sexy. Mind you, if I can hear in a woman's voice a touch of Manchester, I'm not complaining.

I used to find Spanish accents rather sexy last year, but that's another story. :naughty:
    Most accents are cool may be a turn on for the gurl and for the boy i dont see the difference
  • Options
    well she didnt conisder herslef a mackem! didnt like sunderland and always spent her time in newcastle!
  • Options
    i've always thought geordie was the sexiest accent and i'm quite surprised at how many others prefer it!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    well she didnt conisder herslef a mackem! didnt like sunderland and always spent her time in newcastle!

What a traitor! There's nowt wrong with Sunderland, at all. :p

There's a big difference between Mackem and Geordie accents, though most non-locals never know the difference and understandably just think "Geordie" when they hear a North-East accent.
  • Options
  • Options
    My god, who knew naming an accent could get panties bunched.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    My god, who knew naming an accent could get panties bunched.

:lol: i love the way you always manage to say it how it is
  • Options
  • Options
    Americans tend to get annoyed if you call them Canadian...

I never did get that, what is so wrong with Canada!?
  • Options
    I've always found it to be the other way round, Canadians seem to take it far worse in my experience. :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    I've always found it to be the other way round, Canadians seem to take it far worse in my experience. :p

God yes.

When I was in Canada one person I was talking to got so wound up about once being asked if they were American!
  • Options
    Americans tend to get annoyed if you call them Canadian...

Thats awfully random.

But I've never been considered Canadian. Nor has anybody I know. Briggis right though, Canadians hate to be called American and we hate Canada, eh :p (and thats cuz Canadians are weird :p)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    When | play Xbox live I get all these Americans asking what part of Australia I'm from? :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I get much the same problem when staying in London. All these hotels are being run by Asians. Now, I have nothing against that, they work their arses off, but one thing is they tend to get the accents wrong. I was asked whether I was Irish last time, and they kept calling me Mr Daniel because they couldn't pronounce my surname. I actually rather enjoyed that one. :lol:
  • Options
    I would've thought a Welshman would be pleased to be mistaken for an Irishman...? ;):p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I get much the same problem when staying in London. All these hotels are being run by Asians. Now, I have nothing against that, they work their arses off, but one thing is they tend to get the accents wrong. I was asked whether I was Irish last time, and they kept calling me Mr Daniel because they couldn't pronounce my surname. I actually rather enjoyed that one. :lol:
    What is your surname?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    What a traitor! There's nowt wrong with Sunderland, at all. :p

There's a big difference between Mackem and Geordie accents, though most non-locals never know the difference and understandably just think "Geordie" when they hear a North-East accent.
    I've been called a Geordie many times when I've been out of the north east even though I'm not from Newcastle, unless you're form the north east you can't tell a difference between the accents.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    What is your surname?
    I sent a PM with the answer to that. ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Russian. Redneck. Northerners. Easern Europe. Scandinavian.
  • Options
    Accent is a matter of pride in these parts.

Call a Mackem a Geordie and they'll nut you.

You might get away with calling a Sandancer a Geordie, but only if you're lucky.

I've worked in both cities, there is a clear difference.

Durham is neither, Durham's too posh to be.

I know where Consett is...you can hear the banjos start to twang as soon as you get past Rowlands Gill.
  • Options
    whats a mackem and whats a sandancer?
  • Options
    A Mackem is from Sunderland and a sand dancer is from South Shields.
  • Options
    My boyfriends a Scouser so Im really loving the accent. Makes a change to the normal southern accent Im with 24/7 so to hear him start talking still sometimes gets me excited! :D
  • Options
    Ah!!!!

Well that girl was from South Sheilds!!! She prefrerred Newcastle though.

lol about Consett. Doesn't surprsie me, its supposed to small and that, and like small towns all over, not much to do but screw apprently...