Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    one of my boyfriend's mates died yesterday from cancer. aged 26.

this world is bloody cruel :( aged 26. i can't get my head around it. it really puts things into perspective. he had a serious girlfriend too. i can't imagine how she is feeling. really sad.
  • Options
    Awww no thats horrible, condolences to the two of you :(
  • Options
    Im really unsure about if I'm making my point in my dissertation. Its due in friday and I've changed things as my supervisor suggested but still...
  • Options
    A week until I've got to turn in my BS thesis. I'm starting to shit bricks! ayayayaya!

I'm so tired after this winter I just want to do something random and guilt free. I've been feeling guilty almost non stop since January now. :/

Anyhow, only 3000 words to go in my thesis and then sewing it together.

And... breathe.
  • Options
    There's this bloke I WAS friends with, and last time I spoke to him he said he was in hospital after trying to kill himself... so for the past 2 months I've thought he's dead because he hasn't replied to my calls etc. I was really upset... turns out he's fucking FINE just ignoring me! I rang him, he rang me back and goes "Who is this" I went "Oh, it's Niamh" and he hung up.
    Fuck sake.
    Xx
  • Options
    Aww, I would find that so infuriating Niamh. If he is blanking you though, then I think he is better left forgotten. It's his loss.

Blah - sorry to hear of your friend's cancer :-( 26 is only a third of a proper lifespan.
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Aww, I would find that so infuriating Niamh. If he is blanking you though, then I think he is better left forgotten. It's his loss.

I wouldn't normally mind, it's just that I've been worrying and now he hates me for no reason! He split up with this girlfriend (mother of his children) before he tried to kill himself. And if he is reading this (which I bet he is) then give me your reasons please! It's very upsetting.
    Xx
  • Options
    21:24:59: me: So you don't have a boyfriend at the moment, do you?
    21:25:08: me: *beingcurious* :p
    21:26:41: xy signed off

POW. Virtual sucker punch and strubbles kisses the dust... Will he get up from this.. 1....2....3....4....5... doesn't look good. This one was quite unexpected. Was it just temporary internet loss, or..

this just in.
    xy signs on: sorry my internet is fucked.

holy smokes. strubbles gets up...

/e: apparently her internet is shitty all the time (said so once before), but I won't lose the doubt that this was a tactical disconnect :/ arghl insecuuurrriitttyyyy
  • Options
    Im really unsure about if I'm making my point in my dissertation. Its due in friday and I've changed things as my supervisor suggested but still...

Make the changes that have been suggessted and work on getting it finished, other wise you wont get everything tied up and will stress yourself out too much. I though that about one of my courseworks this year and surprised myself at how well I did.
  • Options
    im living in a travelodge at the moment because i have yet to find accommodation for the next 9 weeks in london. it sucks. ive been eating crap all week because i havent got a kitchen to cook in, i miss my friends back home, and generally just sick of this whole stuation.

i looked at an apartment today that is owned by my dads company thinking it would be habitable and i could move in ths week.. but i cant. due to flooding last year the whole thing has been gutted and all it has now are newly plastered walls and a bathroom. no electricity, kitchen, flooring etc.
    however, when i just asked my dad (who is paying for my accommodation while im here as i am skint) if i had to move in there or could we find somewhere else.. he told me to stay in the hotel for another 2 weeks or so while he 'gets me a bed and an oven'. :eek2:
    i know i cant really complain because he IS paying... but i would so much more prefer to move into another flat now instead of having to stay in this shithole for another 2 weeks.
    and even if he does make the flat habitable, it will still only be veery basic (and cold, i dont think the place even has heating) and i wll be UTTERLY MISERABLE!!!!!!
    argh!! i sounded positive while on the phone with him, but have been in tears on and off ever since.
    i think this situation plus the fact im on me own here with no friends to talk to has just made me plain mserable :crying:
    so miserable that i went out and bought a mcdonalds. so not only am i (kindve) homeless, i am going to get fatter to boot. godsake
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    /e: apparently her internet is shitty all the time (said so once before), but I won't lose the doubt that this was a tactical disconnect :/ arghl insecuuurrriitttyyyy

I've never tried it on anyone on instant chat, but I think you're right. That's analogous to what some people do offline - you'll ask them out and they'll fob you off saying that they're better off just as friends, only a week later to find that the girl is going out with someone else.
  • Options
    I've never tried it on anyone on instant chat, but I think you're right. That's analogous to what some people do offline - you'll ask them out and they'll fob you off saying that they're better off just as friends, only a week later to find that the girl is going out with someone else.

well I try it on with her in real life, I just want to squeeze out some info that could be helpful :D
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    well I try it on with her in real life

Ah, but her ears might break. Then she wont hear you... better learn sign language ;)
    Xx
  • Options
    Today's rant - my fridge started making a buzzing sound and it's one month outside of its 3-year warranty lol. You have to wobble the fridge to stop it from buzzing which usually cures the problem then it comes back after a bit.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    im living in a travelodge at the moment because i have yet to find accommodation for the next 9 weeks in london. it sucks. ive been eating crap all week because i havent got a kitchen to cook in, i miss my friends back home, and generally just sick of this whole stuation.

God, that must be hard with no kitchen - and expensive too if you have to eat out all the time! Could you maybe buy a microwave to use in the hotel, just so you have another option?

What about the people you're working with? Presumably lots of them live in London - maybe they have a spare room, or know someone with a spare room you could move into? Then you wouldn't be on your own so much. Or short term house shares - gumtree and spareroom have them. Think I'd be tempted to do that, just to meet a few more people. :)
  • Options
    i hate my life

well..my college life at least :p or lack of.
  • Options
    People who say one thing and mean another.
  • Options
    The builders who are outside making a racket when I slept like shit :(
  • Options
    i've got to go into work 2 hours early today to go a crappy meeting :grump:
  • Options
    not really a rant but ive got that nervous sicky feeling in my stomach now moving out is so imminent
  • Options
    Today's rant - my fridge started making a buzzing sound and it's one month outside of its 3-year warranty lol. You have to wobble the fridge to stop it from buzzing which usually cures the problem then it comes back after a bit.

You tried adjusting the legs or moving it slightly across the floor? Might well be vibration.

Checking for stuff down the back of it and underneath and down the side of it might also fix the problem.
  • Options
    Cheers Scary Monster :-) It reminds me, I'm supposed to de-ice it once every 6 months-ish, so I might do that and give it a once-over while it's empty.
  • Options
    Got fired/made redunant or something today. I fucking turned down 2 other jobs recently!
  • Options
    Oh no, ATAWAAL, that really sucks. Perhaps you could phone up he companys you turned down and see if they've filled the posts, and if not if you can have the job? If not, at least the recent offers should reassure you that you are able to get a job.
  • Options
    I spent a good year and a bit without a job though im worried the 3 coming along at once was a fluke. Typical this had to happen today when i was all excited about moving out. Thank fuck for a largely unspent student loan
  • Options
    I hate my dad, I was too close to having to sleep rough on saturday night, exams start on tuesday, i have a sore arm, i finish school tomorrow which means more time at home locking myself in my room.

That is all.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    God, that must be hard with no kitchen - and expensive too if you have to eat out all the time! Could you maybe buy a microwave to use in the hotel, just so you have another option?

What about the people you're working with? Presumably lots of them live in London - maybe they have a spare room, or know someone with a spare room you could move into? Then you wouldn't be on your own so much. Or short term house shares - gumtree and spareroom have them. Think I'd be tempted to do that, just to meet a few more people. :)

yeah it sucks!! im feeling really lethargic because ive been living off crap food for the last week, so i need to get something sorted pronto!

My boss at work has offered me her spare room for a couple of days next week while her neice is away, but i cant really take her up on the offer as my dads already paid for the hotel and they dont do refunds :impissed: or this one doesnt anyway. at 40 quid a night i cant not stay here and waste my dads money :(
    My dad says he can get the apartment in hampstead habitable by next weekend whch is fine, but that still leaves me with 9-10 days of hotel/friends houses/work mates' houses.
    im debating whether i want to stay in london for good or not, so if i decide that i do then having my dads' work apartment at my disposal and all done up would be a big bonus as id be getting veeery cheap rent. thats probably the main reason why im hanging on for that place and not getting something off gumtree/housemate websites.
    ohh what a mess :)
    thanks for the advice kat, much appreciated
  • Options
    Fruit for breakfast, soup for lunch and then a sandwich or fish and noodle type meal for dinner -healthy eating without a kitchen can be done.
  • Options
    I hate my dad, I was too close to having to sleep rough on saturday night, exams start on tuesday, i have a sore arm, i finish school tomorrow which means more time at home locking myself in my room.

That is all.

*hugs* I hope you are okay, good luck in the exams.
    Xx
  • Options
    i have 5 ulcers in my mouth and they are really sore :(