Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hitting women

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    okay put it this way..2 different situations.

1: At home with a wife, the wife finds her husband has cheated on her, she starts to hit the husband, what does the husband do? If i was the husband i would hold the woman off and not hit her.

2: If i was walking down an alley way at night, a woman tried to rob me, yes i would hit her to defend myself.

Please nobody say that they wouldn't cheat in the first place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    1: At home with a wife, the wife finds her husband has cheated on her, she starts to hit the husband, what does the husband do? If i was the husband i would hold the woman off and not hit her.

If you could...
  • Options
    so yes you would hit a woman, youd prefer not to but it depends on the circumstances.
  • Options
    I've never had to hit a woman before and i wouldn't do it for no reason..only if my life was in danger, i'm sure i can speak for most people about defending themselves wether it be a man or woman.
  • Options
    kick the dog ...kill a fox ...beat the bitch ...and if she comes back for more ...leave, she must be mad!
  • Options
    okay put it this way..2 different situations.

2: If i was walking down an alley way at night, a woman tried to rob me, yes i would hit her to defend myself.

Please nobody say that they wouldn't cheat in the first place.

Be consistent.

You say it's wrong to hit women yet you would hit one given the circumstances?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    To suggest that you wouldn't hit a woman, regardless of circumstance (which you have implied) means that you are either lying to yourself or have yet to realise that the world doesn't operate in black and white situations.

No, I'm fully aware of the situations life puts before you. I know myself I could never hit a woman.. that also happens to be my beleif, whatever yours is, is fine - i respect your viewpoint on it all
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    WHY? What's so special about a woman? She has pretty hair?? Why are so many men still so old fashioned in their views towards women??? :rolleyes: Sad.

If you read my first post it explains why "so many men" are "old fashioned". Because we still live in a society that a mans status outranks a woman’s (i.e jokes about woman drivers).. its nothing personal against a particular women who doesn't want to feel this.. but its just the world we live in and its attitude towards it. by all means stick up against it if you believe that its wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    So? That's no reason not to hit a woman. If a woman thinks she has the right to hit others then she cannot complain and hide behind 'nobility' in claiming a man shouldn't hit her.

Why can't a man hit a woman? Because another dickhead man says he cannot???
    But women have to have some compensation for being the gender most likely to be raped. It's not right, but it's OK...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    But women have to have some compensation for being the gender most likely to be raped. It's not right, but it's OK...
    oh i didnt realise it was compensation for being raped. I think id rather be hit.
  • Options
    Be consistent.

You say it's wrong to hit women yet you would hit one given the circumstances?

different situations, different consquences.

btw, how is rape ok...for a girl to go through such pain and torture just because some dirty bastard wants a quick thrill.
  • Options

btw, how is rape ok...for a girl to go through such pain and torture just because some dirty bastard wants a quick thrill.
    because in most cases its not about sex, its about power and control.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    because in most cases its not about sex, its about power and control.

still, power and control is a thrill to some of these sick people.

Rapists should be castrated.
  • Options
    different situations, different consquences.

But you're stating previously that it's wholly wrong for a man to hit a woman, now you're saying that in some circumstances you think it's acceptable.
  • Options
    But you're stating previously that it's wholly wrong for a man to hit a woman, now you're saying that in some circumstances you think it's acceptable.

yea, i never thought about it in a different context but i thought then posted a different view.
  • Options
    Rapists should be castrated.

because that would make a difference :rolleyes:

Rape is about power, rape is about being in control. Penetration doesnt have to occur for this situation to happen, and its actually been shown that castrated rapists will still go on to attack again, except they will be more violent and use implements such as glass bottles instead of a penis.

So quit the liberal bullshit, and get a grip on reality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    oh i didnt realise it was compensation for being raped. I think id rather be hit.
    I only said 'some compensation' and you've misconstrued my words. I find it interesting that there's such a big discussion about whether men should hit women, or effeminate men, when men are actually going around raping women, and even the occasional 'mincer'. The notion that a woman can slap a man but not expect to be slapped back is*, as far as I'm concerned, part of the macho culture that's existed for hundreds, even thousands of years, and which Susan B. Anthony campaigned agin. Nowt to do with 'chivalry', more to do with the rituals of male dominance, which regard both hitting women, and women withholding their sexual favours, as 'unnatural' (I'm sure that special dispensation would be extended to female muggers, though, as that would also be considered 'unnatural').

I should have said 'token compensation' but I was going for irony...

*not that I think that persons of either gender should go around slapping people in the first place.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    But women have to have some compensation for being the gender most likely to be raped.

So let me get this straight. Men being patronising to women saying that they are weak and therefore should not be subbjected to violence is compensation for men subjecting women to horrific violence?

Are you retarded, moronic, or ill? Or, ineed, all of the above? Please do me the favour of leaving now, because you and your views are not welcome here. Rape isnt something to be joked about in this manner, and anyone who does joke about it needs a kicking.

Im not always a pacifist.
  • Options
    Hmm, scratch a liberal, find a violent thug. I guess the answer to the question above would be 'NOTA'...

(would that 'kicking' be applicable to women, as well?)
  • Options
    I never claimed to be a liberal:p

But as you dont seem to be able to understand figurative speech, Ill explain it further. People who joke about rape, as you did- you said yourself you were being "ironic" about an issue that takes the lives of so many women each year- deserve to be punished, and "a kicking" would indicate the severitry- though not the actual punishment- needed.

Sorry if youre too simple to understand this.
  • Options
    I might not be able to understand 'figurative speech', but I totally get childish tantrums. What I don't get is why I should be expected to care, so feel free to rant away... :yeees:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Awww, do I really have to say this again? Its becoming my mantra.....

Please discuss the issue, not the person. Thank you.

LJ
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    because that would make a difference :rolleyes:

Rape is about power, rape is about being in control. Penetration doesnt have to occur for this situation to happen, and its actually been shown that castrated rapists will still go on to attack again, except they will be more violent and use implements such as glass bottles instead of a penis.

So quit the liberal bullshit, and get a grip on reality.

But in the majority of most cases rape is about penetration...they want pleasure.

If they have no penis they might think twice about doing it again...have you any evidence that the rapists without a dick use glass bottles?

Then do what to stop these rapists? jail them for life, how about that?
  • Options
    time for a separate debate maybe?
  • Options
    People don't rape because they are ovely horny.

It's about power.
  • Options
    okay, it's about power then...but don't you think they are in the slightest aroused?
  • Options
    What's your basis for stating that rape is about feeling horny?

So a man can't wank, pick a girl from a club/pub or fuck a whore to relieve his horniness? :lol:

Just because a man is horny that does not grant the 'right' for him to harm the woman.
  • Options
    Scientific surveys have shown that rapists will attack again even if they havent got the means for physical penetration- they tried chemical castration in the US, and it spectacularly didnt work. Rapists will attack regardless of them having a penis, or the ability to use it, or not- the penetration is a side-issue to the thrill of power.

Of course rapists are aroused by the thrill, in their eyes, of a rape, but the sex is incidental to the power and the violence. They get off on the violence and the domination, not the sex- thats why 85 year old women get raped just as 15 year old girls with nice arses do.

If it was just men with the horn it wouldnt be quite such an horrific event.
  • Options
    What's your basis for stating that rape is about feeling horny?

So a man can't wank, pick a girl from a club/pub or fuck a whore to relieve his horniness? :lol:

Just because a man is horny that does not grant the 'right' for him to harm the woman.

Okay then, it's about power and control.