Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hitting women

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As i said before men are alot stronger than most women, would you go around hitting women mono?

So? That's no reason not to hit a woman. If a woman thinks she has the right to hit others then she cannot complain and hide behind 'nobility' in claiming a man shouldn't hit her.

Why can't a man hit a woman? Because another dickhead man says he cannot???
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    she wasnt saying she thought that, she was putting that statement forward for debate and asking people their opinions on it. Why is it stupid to do that?

I have to agree with Kermit. People started discussing, and she then feels the need to drag the level of discussion down.
    In the end it is about domestic violence, and I think that no one except from monocrat agrees with it.
  • Options
    she wasnt saying she thought that, she was putting that statement forward for debate and asking people their opinions on it. Why is it stupid to do that?

Because it is completely irrelevant.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    So? That's no reason not to hit a woman. If a woman thinks she has the right to hit others then she cannot complain and hide behind 'nobility' in claiming a man shouldn't hit her.

I aint even gonna discuss this no more with you, your neither worth my time or effort :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    You cease to amaze me with your stupid, pathetic views. People like you who seem to think it is ok to hit a woman are SCUM !!

I don't condone domestic violence, but as far as the 'street' goes, there should be no 'rules' as to who can hit who.:cool:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    I don't condone domestic violence, but as far as the 'street' goes, there should be no 'rules' as to who can hit who.:cool:

Beware, with that attitude everyone will be hitting you, with or without rules allowing it.
  • Options
    I don't think so. Women simply have no reason to state that men cannot hit them.
  • Options
    As far as violence goes in my opinion it takes a bigger person to walk away from a confrontation. I myself would talk myself out of fighting with anyone.
  • Options
    I don't think so. Women simply have no reason to state that men cannot hit them.

I WAS finished discussing this any further with you but
    I as a women have every reason to tell a man not to hit me !!!!!
    You see that was very easy for me to do :)
    If my hubby was angry and he lashed out at me he WOULD hurt me, he is quite big and im very small so you see even if he hit me with his little finger he WOULD hurt me :rolleyes:
  • Options

It is not about men vs women or women vs me, it's simply about getting rid of all kinds of domestic violence, PERIOD.
  • Options
    ANY violence is unnecessary and totally wrong.from my point of view. Unless it is in self defence. A woman punching a man is unacceptable. The man punching her back out of anger is unacceptable. A woman beating a man up is unacceptable. The man kicking her or punching her to get her away from him and to stop her from causing further harm is fine. And the same vice versa.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women

So it's ok for a man who's 6'3 to pummel the crap in to a five year old in the street? Or to kick somebody out of a wheelchair?
  • Options
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    Because it is completely irrelevant.
    How can it be irrelevant, she started the thread so she is asking her own question, therefore her points in it arent irrelevant. I see her point, shes asking if theres a difference between a man hitting a woman and a `normal` man hitting anyone that would be generally percieved to be weaker (whether thats what she feels or not) Also is it different for someone who is considered more feminine than your average man, does that make it any more tolerable if they hit a woman than if a `normal` man hit her. Its asking whether Percieved strength or lack of it is more of an issue in everyday violence than gender.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    Originally posted by Creeper
    So it's ok for a man who's 6'3 to pummel the crap in to a five year old in the street?

Why not?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    Why not?
    because the five year old wouldnt stand a chance, it wouldnt be fair. Also adults in a civilised society are supposed to be protective of children.
  • Options
    Don't encourage him Rainbow, it only makes things worse. ;)
  • Options
    Thats completely uncalled for, and its certainly not true.

It was perfectly called for, it is a question that is ridiculous and, actually, downright offensive. Because, of course, camp men arent real men, and dont have the strength of real men. Please. Its verging on the homophobic. Though if I was perosnally offensive of course I apologise.

But anyway.

Monocrat is quite right in that the victim of violence should not be differentiated by gender, but by the severity of the attack. As it is a man hitting a woman will be punished more than a woman hitting a man, even if the damage done is the same, and that is wrong. It is not excusing violence by saying women should not be protected from violence MORE than men are, which is what monocrat seems ot be trying to argue. It is NOT a worse crime to hit a woman than a man, it is the SAME crime and it is just as morally repugnant.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Monocrat is quite right in that the victim of violence should not be differentiated by gender, but by the severity of the attack. As it is a man hitting a woman will be punished more than a woman hitting a man, even if the damage done is the same, and that is wrong. It is not excusing violence by saying women should not be protected from violence MORE than men are, which is what monocrat seems ot be trying to argue. It is NOT a worse crime to hit a woman than a man, it is the SAME crime and it is just as morally repugnant.

I agree 100%. You've hit the nail on the head there.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    because the five year old wouldnt stand a chance, it wouldnt be fair.

So? Life isn't fair.
    Also adults in a civilised society are supposed to be protective of children.

Why? I should only be protective of those whom I'm close to.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    So? Life isn't fair.

That's right. And next time you start crying about the defenceless rich having to pay taxes (oh what a horrible thing!) I hope you remember your own words.

:lol:
  • Options
    I don't believe anybody should pay tax, but that's another argument.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hitting women
    So? Life isn't fair.

Why? I should only be protective of those whom I'm close to.
    you sound like you have the morals of a wild animal rather than a civilised human - fair enough, morals are a choice. \it just reminds me of a documentary i saw about lions killing any cub they hadnt sired.
  • Options
    Yes my 'morals' are my own choice. :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    ANY violence is unnecessary and totally wrong.from my point of view. Unless it is in self defence. A woman punching a man is unacceptable. The man punching her back out of anger is unacceptable. A woman beating a man up is unacceptable. The man kicking her or punching her to get her away from him and to stop her from causing further harm is fine. And the same vice versa.

Isn't the man punching back simply an instance of self-defence? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Isn't the man punching back simply an instance of self-defence? :rolleyes:

That's what I am saying. Unless it is just because he's angry the woman punched him.
  • Options
    But that's still self-defence.
  • Options
    But that's still self-defence.

In my view that's retalliation, which is different. Self-defence is when violence is necessary to protect yourself.
  • Options
    Self defence is when you try and prevent the attack, or soften the blow etc, ie DEFEND during the attack itself. To hit back after would be, as HunnyPot said, retalliation, which i generally think is unnecessary.

And on the main question, I think gender shouldnt make a difference-hitting people shouldnt happen in my opinion. Its a bit to idealistic however when people think in the same way as monocrat does. To say "life isnt fair" generally is to say that anything considered unfair by one person is acceptable by someone else. Someone gets raped-hey ho, life isnt fair. I dont think so. To say life isnt fair is too much of a dismissive attitude in my opinion.
  • Options
    If life were totally fair all people would be as rich as Bill Gates.

Life simply ISN'T fair in every instance. That's the way it is.
  • Options
    If life were totally fair all people would be as rich as Bill Gates.

Life simply ISN'T fair in every instance. That's the way it is.

That's the way it is now. Doesn't mean things always have to be like that. If we all thought like that we'd all be wandering around the countryside naked because life is just like that - the whole story of the human race is of our continual refusal to accept that "that's the way it is" and makes us all the better for it.