Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hitting women

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by monocrat
    So? That's no reason not to hit a woman. If a woman thinks she has the right to hit others then she cannot complain and hide behind 'nobility' in claiming a man shouldn't hit her.

Why can't a man hit a woman? Because another dickhead man says he cannot???

would you hit a woman?
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

where on earth did i say that this was all my opinion? Rainbow was in fact right in saying that I was putting an argument forward for a discussion. Someone took it on to domestic violence for which it was not intended. So what - you dont see me coming on here every five seconds telling people to get back on the bloody topic. I repeated my question in the sense it was intended in a following post, in order to perhaps make my original thread more understable... but hey - anything for a bitch slap around here :rolleyes:

If I cared, id make another thread in which I wrote more clearly and a lot slower in order for people to understand a little more easily. Im sorry if i offended certain people by not actually intending this all to be about domestic violence.
  • Options
    And the Oracle has spoken
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    would you hit a woman?

Why the differentiation?

I wouldnt hit ANYONE, but I wouldnt be less likely to hit a woman than a man. I would hit any person equally, I just dont believe in violence.

What you meant to ask was "would you hit a person?". Any other question is irrelevant and braindead.
  • Options
    If people are going to keep going on about how a man shouldn't hit a woman and keep making the distinction, we are still going to be thrown back to the dark ages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Why the differentiation?

I wouldnt hit ANYONE, but I wouldnt be less likely to hit a woman than a man. I would hit any person equally, I just dont believe in violence.

What you meant to ask was "would you hit a person?". Any other question is irrelevant and braindead.

i was asking monocrat.
  • Options
    I believe hitting women is wrong, men are much stronger than women and can easily beat them up, it's like a bully.

Have you seen the female wrestlers on TV?

What exactly do we mean by hitting women?

Does it mean if you're walking down the street and a woman pulls a knife on you and tries to steal your wallet - you're not allowed to hit them???
  • Options
    if any women burglars come into my house they still get the pick axe handle ok ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Have you seen the female wrestlers on TV?

What exactly do we mean by hitting women?

Does it mean if you're walking down the street and a woman pulls a knife on you and tries to steal your wallet - you're not allowed to hit them???

Yes i have seen the women wrestlers on tv, they would give most men a run for their money...

mean by hitting women... raise fist, punch, whack....

if your walking down the street and a woman pulls a knife on you...push her away, don't attack a woman, tbh i can't really say about that too much.....if you were being robbed by a woman i'm sure most people would attack the woman..for the safety of their own life.
  • Options
    if your walking down the street and a woman pulls a knife on you...push her away, don't attack a woman, .
    Thats all very sweet and everything, but you speak as though women are disabled creatures or something.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Thats all very sweet and everything, but you speak as though women are disabled creatures or something.

No they aren't disabled creatures or something at all, i just 100% agree that men should not hit women.
  • Options
    No they aren't disabled creatures or something at all, i just 100% agree that men should not hit women.
    do you think its worse to hit a woman than to hit a man.
    Is it ok for women to hit women?
  • Options
    would you hit a woman?

Yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    Yes.
    for the fun of it??
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    would you hit a woman?

Yes.

I would hit a bloke too.

It all depends on the circumstances I find myself in, would prefer to avoid having to hit anyone, but life just isn't that simple.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Everyone is going on and on and on and on about equality.
    Where is the equality if men have to be extra careful with women?

Domestic violence is wrong, PERIOD.

Because although we live in a society that tries to have equal opportunities between genders is still clear that’s still not the case. That social attitude falls into all areas of life whether it be a domestic or working situation. Men are still paid more then women, men still take the higher positions/wages and thus socio economic status in society and dominant – as much as anyone wants to try and be equal in every aspect of life between men and women.. I doubt it would ever happen. Domestically.. men still open doors for women.. the phrase “ladies first” used everywhere everyday.. men like to be the saviour to women (and women like to be cared for by men) to gain self actualisation out of life.. its sort of a animal kingdom thing – after all were animals.

I believe women should be protected and I would protect any woman I saw was in need (not just taking that as defence of her being beat up or anything.. I mean even if I was taking last seat on the bus and a woman got on I would offer her it.) I feel if I hit a woman then my social acceptance would be in question. no matter how much someone says well everything’s equal now so it’s the same as a guy.. that simply isn’t the case in life. I think most people would protect their own mothers more then their fathers…?

monocrat states he’d hit a woman… his choice although I think he’d be a social outcast for it (he may not care), if I saw him doing that I’d do something to protect that woman and not look the other way.

The gay/lesbian/transsexual argument’s irrelevant to this.

Post not just aimed at you Jacqueline the Ripper was just using it as a base to state my own.. You’re completely right domestic violence of any sort is wrong and should not be tolerated.
  • Options
    I wouldnt hit anyone because theyd probably hit me back and id lose pathetically
  • Options
    Originally posted by eddie teh emu
    monocrat states he’d hit a woman… his choice although I think he’d be a social outcast for it (he may not care), if I saw him doing that I’d do something to protect that woman and not look the other way.

Point being that the woman may actually have been attacking him...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Point being that the woman may actually have been attacking him...

yeah, i get his point ok. doesn't mean i'd hit a woman.
  • Options
    Prefer to be beaten senseless? Killed?

Surely such absolutes have no place in reality do they?
  • Options
    Prefer to be beaten senseless? Killed?

Surely such absolutes have no place in reality do they?

Men could restrain women without hitting them. There's a difference. between restraining a woman and hitting her with the intent to harm.

I'm not ignorant enough to say a woman couldn't harm a man as much as a man could harm a woman.. but I'd like to think if i was being attacked I'd be able to leave it quickly, or restrain the woman and leave the situation without hitting her. needs to say.. It's unlikely I’d ever get in that position as I’m the most placid person ever!
  • Options
    "could" and "I'd like to think" don't happen in reality though do they?

Point I am trying to make is that you cannot be so absolute on these issues until a situation is facing you. The person attacking you may be bigger, catch you by surprise, be carrying a knife etc

To suggest that you wouldn't hit a woman, regardless of circumstance (which you have implied) means that you are either lying to yourself or have yet to realise that the world doesn't operate in black and white situations.

Like I have said about myself. I would like to think I could avoid it completely, but I know that I would have no qualms about hitting anyone if I thought my personal safety depended on it.
  • Options
    Like I have said about myself. I would like to think I could avoid it completely, but I know that I would have no qualms about hitting anyone if I thought my personal safety depended on it.

Thats exactly my point. If I was in danger Id hit anyone hard enough to put myself out fo danger, I wouldnt hit a woman less hard because shes a woman. I wouldnt start on a woman, but I wouldnt start on a man either. Its not more chiavrous or "better" to hit men than women, htting is hitting.

And if the situation arose, Id hit anyone. Man, woman, Edd the Duck, its all the same to me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eddie teh emu
    I believe women should be protected and I would protect any woman I saw was in need (not just taking that as defence of her being beat up or anything.. I mean even if I was taking last seat on the bus and a woman got on I would offer her it.) B]

WHY? What's so special about a woman? She has pretty hair?? Why are so many men still so old fashioned in their views towards women??? :rolleyes: Sad.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    WHY? What's so special about a woman? She has pretty hair?? Why are so many men still so old fashioned in their views towards women??? :rolleyes: Sad.

Exactly.

These notion of protecting women date back to chivalry or some such. If women desire equality, then shouldn't be equality in all circumstances?
  • Options
    do you think its worse to hit a woman than to hit a man.
    Is it ok for women to hit women?

Yes i do think it is worse to hit a woman than a man and yes it's fine for women to hit women.
  • Options
    Yes i do think it is worse to hit a woman than a man and yes it's fine for women to hit women.
    well although that attitude is handy for women, its quite patronising.
  • Options
    well although that attitude is handy for women, its quite patronising.

how is it?

i see it as men shouldn't hit women, simple.
  • Options
    its partronising, as you see women as inherently weak harmless, and in need of protecting whether or not they attack you first and irrespective of their size and strength, all you see is that its a woman and must not be hit. That could be seen as patronising and a bit naive on your part.