Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hitting women

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so most people believe that it is an unfair thing for a man to hit a woman, mainly because in general men are often stronger than women,

but what about camp homosexuals? Do you think its different because they're more lady like themselves?

Not meaning to be offensive - just seeking opinions!

Comments

• Options
    I feel regardless of whatever sexuality of a relationship violence in any relationship is wrong. If you have a temper then get out before you lose the plot.
    Many years ago I used to be quite angry at times and i could have swung for my partner at the time, so instead of hitting him id throw my cup at the wall. Bit silly really because although i got the anger out of my system I had messy walls and a few broken cups lol.
    These days im more relaxed and if i do get the feeling of anger I tend to slam doors or get out away from the argument.

I feel sorry for men who are in a violent relationship, it must be so hard for them to keep their cool and not lash out back. We always feel sorry for women in violent relationships but what about the por men who get beat by their missus?
  • Options
    what about if a butch lesbian who looks like a bloke hits a girly lesbian?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    what about if a butch lesbian who looks like a bloke hits a girly lesbian?

Its wrong !!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I feel sorry for men who are in a violent relationship, it must be so hard for them to keep their cool and not lash out back. We always feel sorry for women in violent relationships but what about the por men who get beat by their missus?

*agrees* :yes:
  • Options
    I reckon like... anybody can be a victim of domestic violence, I mean even kids can beat up their parents and there have been cases.
  • Options
    I believe hitting women is wrong, men are much stronger than women and can easily beat them up, it's like a bully.
  • Options
    Then again, I know some pretty rum women :nervous:

Anybody can be a victim of domestic violence. However, yeah I think a man shouldn't hit a woman. It should be a man's duty to protect them.
  • Options
    yeh i know domestic violence is wrong and all that, and i wasnt really trying to get on to that too much...

I was more on the lines of say street violence, if its between a *stereotypically* gay (ie. camp) man and a woman, do you think its more acceptable for a 'stereotypically gay 9ie.camp)' man to hit a woman rather than a 6 foot tall 'regular' man? Or do you think the fact that this gay bloke is more feminine shouldnt make a differance, because a man is a man?

Also transexuals... men who have surgically become women. Would you just class it as a fight, or would you class it as a man beating up a woman?
  • Options
    With gays, no it isn't any difference because they are male and transexuals, yes i believe they can still be hit because they were men, they weren't born men, it's just in their heads that they are women, they were men and should have stayed men, sorry if my view has insulted anyone (no offence).
  • Options
    Everyone is going on and on and on and on about equality.
    Where is the equality if men have to be extra careful with women? Domestic violence is wrong, PERIOD. Regardless od parents on kids, kids on parents, man on woman, woman on man, woman on woman, man on man.
  • Options
    :banghead: ok - this wasnt supposed to be about domestic violence... lets change the scene here:

scenario a) Woman and man in bar - woman says something offensive to man, man hits woman in face = acceptable or not?

scenario b) Woman and camp homosexual in bar - woman says something offensive to camp homosexual, camp homosexual hits woman in face = acceptable or not?

scenario c) Woman and Transexual (man-turned-woman) in bar - Woman says something offensive to transexual, transexual hits woman in face = acceptable or not?

Obviously its not acceptable to hit anyone in the face in general, but what im trying to get at is this; is it because the person has a penis, or just because violence is wrong that it is not acceptable to hit a woman?

Is it based on Sex or Sexuality?

edited cuz i cant spell
  • Options
    Hmm. Not all women are all weak and can't fight y'know. So at the risk of suddenly becoming hated I just have to say that if a woman punched me hard in the face, I might slap her but I'd never ever clench my fist to her.
  • Options
  • Options
    Re: hitting women
    Originally posted by badabing
    ok, so most people believe that it is an unfair thing for a man to hit a woman, mainly because in general men are often stronger than women,

but what about camp homosexuals? Do you think its different because they're more lady like themselves?

Not meaning to be offensive - just seeking opinions!

Yes a man should be able to hit a woman.
  • Options
    Re: Re: hitting women
    Originally posted by monocrat
    :lol::lol:

Nobody should be allowed to hit anybody. You are such a loser. Have you got any mates?
  • Options
    OK yes hitting someone is assault.

But life isn't fair and women shouldn't cry foul if they are hit in my view.
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    :banghead: ok - this wasnt supposed to be about domestic violence... lets change the scene here:

A : No

B: No

C: No

I see it okay for men to fight other men if a situation arises and gets out of hand...men can take a good enough beating, most can....mind you so can women but women shouldn't be hit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    but women shouldn't be hit.

Why?
  • Options
    Why?
    Nobody should, except maybe you.... :p
  • Options
    And there is no reason why? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think people shouldnt hit each other fullstop, theres not really any decent excuse. I dont think a woman should be nasty and say abusive things to someone thinking shes not gonna get hit because shes a woman, and then complaining when she does. I think its to do with whether she asks for it or not really. I think hitting is worse in a relationship, as youre supposed to actually care about your partner, and if you hit them for whatever reason then that says to me that you dont care, and that you want them to be hurt. Whether thats a man or a woman, gay or transexual its just as bad.
  • Options
    And GWST i dont think this was about Ulrika Jonnson, although she was supposed to be in a relationship with Stan Collymore, and he shouldnt of hit her whether she was flirting or not (I dont know whether she was, I think your bias against her is clouding your views) Hitting your partner is abuse, she was right to leave him, he wasnt right to hit her, just as my father wasnt right to hit my mother, there ARE no excuses.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think people shouldnt hit each other fullstop, theres not really any decent excuse. I dont think a woman should be nasty and say abusive things to someone thinking shes not gonna get hit because shes a woman, and then complaining when she does. I think its to do with whether she asks for it or not really. I think hitting is worse in a relationship, as youre supposed to actually care about your partner, and if you hit them for whatever reason then that says to me that you dont care, and that you want them to be hurt. Whether thats a man or a woman, gay or transexual its just as bad.

Women can't hide behind 'chivalry' and protest that men can't hit them!! :lol:

As for hitting gay men, well who states that gay men are physically weaker? Hitting someone solely because they are weaker than you as a major sign of cowardice!!!!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
  • Options
    When people think of domestic abuse they think of a man hiutting a woman, but that is an irrelevance. Its like saying its OK to stab Jews but not Hindus, for example.

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE is wrong, VIOLENCE is wrong. It doesnt matter who hits who, or why, or how, it is wrong. As GWST argued, Collymore was vilified for htting Ulrika but if shed thrown a drink over him and slapped him a bit she wouldnt have received the same vitriol. Its the same in all situations- woman hitting men is not as socially repugnant as a man hitting a woman, yet it should be. Even the courts treat wife-beaters far mroe severely than husband-beaters.

So no, it makes no difference how "camp" someone is, its fucking irrelevant. And another monumentally STUPID question from someone who often claims that she is intelligent, but shows little sign of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    . And another monumentally STUPID question from someone who often claims that she is intelligent, but shows little sign of it.
    Thats completely uncalled for, and its certainly not true.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Thats completely uncalled for, and its certainly not true.

Of course it is. What relevance does being a homosexual, camp or otherwise, have to do with the issue of domestic violence?
  • Options
    she wasnt saying she thought that, she was putting that statement forward for debate and asking people their opinions on it. Why is it stupid to do that?
  • Options
    Why?

As i said before men are alot stronger than most women, would you go around hitting women mono?
  • Options
    Re: Re: hitting women

You cease to amaze me with your stupid, pathetic views. People like you who seem to think it is ok to hit a woman are SCUM !!