Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

proffessional ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
can u say 'love u' to show ur appreciation or how do u say it
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    hey @ellie2000

'I love you' changes its meaning depending on context so i understand how it might be difficult to use appropriately. It can be used for family, friends, and lovers to communicate romantic or platonic feelings, but colloquially it can be also used without much meaning attached to it. It depends on both circumstances and the people you're talking to, as well as the environment around you. For example it might be appropriate for me to say that to a friend because they helped me with something and i appreciated that a lot but it might be inappropriate for me to say that in a professional setting with a co-worker even though they might have helped me with the same issue.

Can you tell me a bit more about the situation?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @genderless_fungi im just not used to ppl who r in a proffesional field being nice. how do i get out of tht feeling tht they're goin to turn?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Morning @ellie2000 I hope you have had a nice weekend so far.I can understand how it must be worrying for you especially if you have had a negative experience in the past with a professional. As for worrying about the person turning into something I think you just have to take them at a surface level and how they treat you and if they treat you well then try to accept them as a nice person while getting to know them better.

Would you be able to tell me more about the scenario? Has the professional built a relationship with you or are you worried about them forming one with you?

Take care
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @genderless_fungi @ebyrne556 i had a gd weekend although i still feel isolated n sad about myself. i enjoy games now i used it as a passtime. i dont go to sleep at 3 anymore.
    im scared of how nice ppl r. so far the staff r hunky dory. would nice ppl turn?
    today i let out my feelings. i opened the door and told the person 'im gna k*ll u' im not usually like tht. will i hav a tlkn to? im fighting back, is tht usual will ptsd? i couldnt hold it in.
    is tht calling out for help?
    i used to get bullied/used too much
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

I'm glad to hear that you had a good weekend. It's nice to see that you've been able to enjoy games and find getting to sleep a bit easier. Nevertheless, I can see that you're going through quite a painful time right now. I'm pleased to see you've been able to reach out.

After experiencing bullying, it can be hard to trust people again. When others act kindly towards you, it's understandable that you might question the sincerity of these niceties if you haven't received this in the past. This can result in a lack of control over our thoughts and behaviour. It seems that some big emotions came through with your response. May I ask whether you are indeed experiencing homicidal thoughts about this person? I understand it can be difficult to talk about such sensitive thoughts, but you've done a great job so far. We are here by your side, to work through this together. Maybe we can talk about what you were feeling in that moment?

May I also ask whether you are able to share how you've been feeling with anyone else? Perhaps this might be something to explore with trusted adults/professionals. You deserve care and support.

Take care,
    Eleanor
  • Options
    @el_rose0110 what does the term 'explore' mean. i had homicidal thoughts ever since i had certain a therapist. how do i fix myself if i cant get any1? i still think of the past and i hav thoughts of wat i could've done better. like 'i wish i had signed off altogether. a msg service i used to use' '
    'wat if i went to stay somewhere else, would ppl know if i didnt tell any1'
    'wat if i stayed where it was well lit, coz they took me where it was dark'
    'if i didnt go out, would i have not got told off, n had to stay quiet'

Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds like you have had a really difficult time since having that therapist @ellie2000. You have been really brave in sharing this with us.

I am hearing that you are also placing a lot of the blame on yourself for what happened. This is more a reflection of a difficult situation you have experienced than you as a person though.

Talking to us about this is really brave and you can continue to do so. However, I am wondering, what does the ideal support look like for you at the moment?

I know you are wanting to feel better and "get any1". We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us <3