Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

lately feelings

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
i've been searching for ppl i used to know b4 abuse and traumatic events happened. i found ppl on fb, nd msged those ppl my feelings and wat i been though, i felt normal in those days.
any ideas, can someone make sense of wats above, n tell me wat im getting at
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

Thanks for reaching out for support. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out for support.

Yes, I can make sense of what you have written. You are trying to connect with how you felt before the abuse and traumatic events. In doing so, you are trying to recreate the relationships you had with people before the abuse and traumatic events. To try and do this, you have told these people how you have been feeling and what you have been through. My only other idea would be to try and engage in activities you enjoyed before the abuse and traumatic events too.

Please remember you are always worth more than the abuse and traumatic events you have experienced. You are always more than welcome to talk to us about how you are feeling and what you have been through. I am also really glad you are continuing to reach out for support and access mental health support. We are always here for you, listening to you, and caring about you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    how can u stop feeling tht the date, the month, the year doesnt exist
    Crazy mad insane
  • daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

I agree with @Laura_tigger82's ideas mentioned above :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems you find it hard to keep track of the days/months/year or maybe another way to describe it is as if you are in a simulation. I feel this from time to time and a way I find useful to get out of this mindset is by writing in a journal everyday so I can keep track of the dates. I also write a to do list every day so I feel more involved in activities I am doing daily. These do not need to be boring tasks like washing or cleaning, I also add fun things I would like to do on that day like going for a walk or a self care activity.

Hope this helps <3
    Can someone overall conclusion or did daisyella say?
    Crazy mad insane
    edited January 2022
    i think life is set out for acouple of years once u start something new, but the simulation stops wen ppl around u get bored, wat r others opinions? i dont think we hav control of wat happens
    Crazy mad insane
    i think we are put in situations as a test
    Crazy mad insane
    we r set up to fail
    Crazy mad insane
    hi, how r u
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000,

How are you feeling today?
    i struggle without zoom, so i play fishdom coz it got pretty fish and a side game like candycrush, gta has gotten hard now. i feel like sceaming n shouting but i dont bc no-one hears. i play games. games r good. if u want a game tht has u drawn in play 'soma' yikes forever
    Crazy mad insane
    is it gd to ignore feelings
    Crazy mad insane
    still ppl say 'wats wrong with ur life' y do they say tht and wat should i respond
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 I think it's important that you let these emotions out if you can. When you say you want to scream and shout but nobody hears, what do you mean by that? It's important to let yourself feel what you feel, because your feelings are valid. Have you got any strategies you use when you feel overwhelming emotions?

I'm so sorry people ask you that, that seems very ignorant and rude. It's often because people can't understand what you're going through, and that's okay. Your journey is yours, and it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else. It's important that you reach out to people when you need support, because people really do care about you. You don't have to tell those people what's wrong with your life, if you feel like you're being accused or it's making you feel upset. You don't need to validate your struggles to people who don't want to understand what you're going through. Your struggles are valid, and they're important.
    edited January 2022
    i tell someone about my probs n they seem to dust it off.
    i just play games until its nighttime
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 That sounds really distressing, I'm really sorry that this has happened to you. That's not fair at all, you deserve to be listened to and supported when you're struggling. Do you have anyone at all that you feel safe around in real life to talk to about these difficulties? Or have you been able to discuss this with any of the services that are helping you right now?
    i hav a call checkin in every week, and one now every month. but i feel i need more, wat other services r there
    Crazy mad insane
    i got mr.c finally to zoom, but should i come first?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Who is it that you have a call with Ellie, and we can try and direct you to other services too?

Hope you’re ok 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    @ellie2000 if you need more, then you need more and that’s okay, you deserve support that meets your needs. Have you been able to talk to your GP about any other services in your area? They’d be best served to help you with this. What does Mr C help you with, Ellie? Maybe he can help refer you to other services that can help you <3
    he zooms, he make sure the the world isnt scary,
    i hav hertshelp to, who was referred by my past therapist. if whoever interview u dont like wat u hav 2 say. y do they not help u? they contacted me 15mins from leaving
    Crazy mad insane
    i havnt been to my gp yet
    Crazy mad insane
    Hi @ellie2000

Thanks for your response. It is great to hear someone makes sure the world isn't scary. You deserve that level of support. How did you feel about being contacted 15 minutes from leaving? And why haven't you been to your GP yet? Hopefully, we can support you with this! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited January 2022
    i thought it was too quick, there werent no meeting, in my opinion she had already made her mind up there n then during the interview. i havnt been to the gp yet bc i dont no if doctors r working, i got the LT worker which i can vent to which mind got but it took acouple of mind trainers to notice
    Crazy mad insane
    i had a bath which was gd :).

i have learnt there are afew ppl who can do wat they're r payed 4
    Crazy mad insane
    Hi @ellie2000

I am really sorry. Do you feel comfortable with expanding on what the interview was for?

The doctors should be working. I would recommend giving them a call and trying to arrange something with them when you feel comfortable!

I am glad you have the LT worker you can vent to. At least someone finally listened! You deserve all their support. Self-care, like baths, is also great :)
    @ellie2000 That sounds really unfair, you deserve to be listened to and supported during this time. Is there anyone you can complain to about them just dismissing you before even hearing what you're going through? I'm so sorry that it took so many attempts to be noticed and supported when you needed it most, that is really unfair, and isn't a reflection upon you and what you're going through, You deserve support and we believe you. I would suggest getting in contact with your GP if this is something that's comfortable for you, and letting them know what you've been through these past couple of months, because they may be able to refer you to some further important services that can support you during this time!