Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sense of Achievement

AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
What is the thing that you have created that brings you the biggest sense of pride in yourself? It can be anything, from a song to a poem to some cakes to a DIY project. Anything works as long as it made you happy!! xx
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    For me it's probably the cards that I make for friends' birthdays because they're handwritten with doodles and I try to take my time with them, like they're defo no good as I am not an artist at all but it makes me happy to put time into something my friends hopefully love?? xxx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @AislingDM This is such a wonderful thread, thanks so much for starting this!

That's really wonderful, making cards for someone is such a wonderful way to show you care, I'm sure your friends adore them!

I made some mac and cheese the other day and I was really pleased with it :) I'm also trying to make my hamster a little playpen out of boxes and some old kitchen roll tubes. Hopefully it turns out okay :')
    You're so kind to say that !!! OMG I love the sound of that for your little hamster, being able to make something that probably brings so much joy to their life is so important. I think, especially with pets, we should try hard not to take them for granted and constantly show them how much we care, so I just love that <3 I'd defo love to see a pic of the finished project if you'd like !! x
    @AislingDM You're doing wonderful things for others!! Thank you! I know, they have such a short life span and he's the sweetest little thing, I just want him to have had the best life he can :) Pets are beautiful little souls, we're very lucky to have them :) I will definitely post the pic when I've finished it for you! Thanks so much for being so unbelievably kind always x <3
    I actually love hearing about your life @Brookee because it's so nice to get such detailed replies !! It also reminds me of how many things we have to be grateful for, which certainly doesn't mean that we don't have the right to be sad too, but I think it's cool how much we can learn from each other =)
    @AislingDM You are so unbelievably kind, thank you so much. I love hearing about how you're getting on as well, I hope you're keeping well? I agree, sometimes it's hard to remember all the wonderful things we have to be grateful for within this world, and I feel like these forums are amazing at helping us remember, whilst connecting with others :)
    So kind to check in, honestly I actually did have COVID over the past two weeks so was not very active during this time which was just rubbish! But I was extremely fortunate to make it through the two weeks to be okay again, I know not everyone has experienced a recovery! I'm feeling super happy to be back online though <3 I was wondering, in terms of this thread, is there anything you did over Christmas that you feel especially proud of? xx
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @AislingDM

I am really sorry to hear you have had COVID and have been struggling with this. How are you feeling now?

I would have to say taking time for myself over Christmas was what I'm especially proud of.

Normally, I am really academically focused! Even though it has been the holidays, I would normally (unnecessarily) pre-read for when modules do begin.

How about you Aisling, what did you do over Christmas that you feel especially proud of? :)
    @AislingDM I'm so sorry to hear that, how have you been since? It's okay, it's important to prioritise yourself and your health, we'll always still be here when you come back!

It's wonderful to have you back and I'm so pleased to hear you've recovered well from it! That's a really interesting question, thank you so much for asking! I managed to go out for a walk whilst I was home with my dog, which can be really hard for me because of my anxiety, but I pushed through it and felt better for it! How about you? <3
    I love how kind you guys are to ask such wonderful things <3 thankfully I truly am feeling loads better, I feel the vaccinations kept me as safe as I could be!!! Plus as you both say, allowing yourself time to get better is critical, but I know it's not always an option as lots of people have to work through being sick :( hopefully we can change this one day!

Oh I love both your answers @Brookee and @Laura_tigger82 !! It just reinforces how pushing yourself hard to be kind to yourself is so essential and something we don't do enough, recognising what is stopping us and trying to work around it is always a very admirable skill =) I would say I was proud of not stressing about food and buying into unhealthy ideas of 'good food/bad food', instead it was just 'is this yummy? yes!'. xx
    Hey @AislingDM

Nah, we just care! And think you are wonderful too.

I am really glad to hear the vaccines kept you as safe as you could be. Indeed, some people have to work through being sick. I hope it changes one day!

I am really proud of you for how you approached eating at Christmas time too. It can be difficult all year round but especially when there is a focus and pressure around food.

You have done really well. Indeed, what matters the most is whether it was yummy! <3
    @AislingDM It's so wonderful to hear you're feeling so much better, I know it can be so difficult during these times, but I think it's great you've given yourself the time you needed to heal and recover, because it can take such a toll mentally as well as physically! I think it's so unfair that people have to work through being really unwell with COVID, I hope too, one day that being unwell won't be seen as an 'inconvenience' for careers.

That's actually such a wonderful and insightful thing you've brought up! I'm so proud of you about the food situation, because I know how difficult it can be, and there's so much pressure surrounding foods and what's good and bad when in reality, food is fuel and it's truly not the enemy, although within such an overwhelming and pressurising society it can really feel like food should be categorised so strictly. I'm honestly so proud of you, and you should be so proud of yourself, that's such an important achievement, and so wonderful to hear how incredible you're doing. Thank you so much for sharing with us, and we're always here for you love <3
    Ah you guys are the best!!! @Laura_tigger82 @Brookee !! Being so supportive is just one of many things that makes being on The Mix so awesome <3 I think in particular in regards to the food stuff, it's so cool to see how many people are making huge efforts to change their own and others' mindsets on what food is all about. Hopefully we are moving in a direction where we can be free from the overwhelming anxiety that can surround food and mealtimes. Thank you for your continued kindness on here <3 xxx
    Hi @AislingDM

I hope we are moving towards a more positive outlook on food and mealtimes too! I mean, food is like our fuel. Only with fuel can we be at our best and do the things we enjoy. Life is bigger than food and mealtimes. Food and mealtimes should just be an enjoyable part of fuelling back up :3
    This is so true!! trying to reframe food as something that brings happiness and is entirely necessary to keep us going is cool, especially because then it reminds us of how food also impacts our mental health, like even going more than a few hours without a little something to eat or drink, like a tea, can make me feel a bit stressed and so it's cool to think of how essential food is to living the best life there is,! Of course this is only possible when we feel happy about our relationship to food which defo can take time <3 xx
    Hi @AislingDM

Thanks for your response. Oh, a cup of tea is a necessity for me too. Of course, it can take time to build our relationship with food and drink. Even when we seem to have a healthy relationship with food and drink, I think it has to be maintained because those naughty insecurities can creep in and get us when we are not expecting them! Particularly for those of us who have struggled with this at some point. That's ok and we are all here for one another to get each other and ourselves through those tough times <3