Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite books so far and recommendations

2»

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @mimi I've actually heard about this book before! never read it but might need to give it a go :)<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    So guys what book do I read now? Top shelf is ones i recently got and haven't read, bottom are ones I've read but don't mind reading again 😊💖

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate

@Toni I love Stephen king films, so will have to give his books a go! Sounds interesting :) but me being me will have to buy the whole of the, the dark tower series :lol: 

I have so many fav books :lol:  but if I had to pick one it would probably be The lovely bones, it's sad but so beautifully written <3
    Ahh The Lovely Bones is so sad! Excellent book. 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    There’s this new one that has come up on amazon called “the spectrum girls survival guide : growing up autistic and awesome” has anyone read this one and is it with getting ? I’m looking at getting it as I think could be really good for me but don’t want to spend £13 if it’s rubbish 😅
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @aidan it dosent have one :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    So I just finished Station Eleven which is an excellent book, but not one I'd recommend reading right now, as it's about a pandemic. I'm not largely affected by what's going on mentally, and even I mulled over it before bed. So bank this one and come back to it as a recommendation. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    The Master and Margarita, Jane Eyre, Percy Jackson series, The Girl with dragon tattoo trilogy, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, A thousand splendid suns, The invisible life of Addie LaRue, A little life.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Next month sees the release of a film called Dune. It’s going to be a huge and spectacular sci fi film.

I recommend reading the book it’s adapted from: Frank Herberts - Dune.

It remains one of the top 5 books I’ve ever read. It’s not an easy read but it’s worth it. And if you like sci fi it’s required reading :)

https://youtu.be/8g18jFHCLXk
    Weekender Offender 
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    At the minute, I am re-reading It's Kind of a Funny Story because this was one of the first books that really allowed me to feel valid in my mental health difficulties as a teenager. Sometimes these books that explore different perspectives on mental health needs can be really insightful =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I have finished reading the new Sally Rooney book and maybe it's because I'm young but I love her writing! It's so simple yet informative and appealing.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Midnight library