Home Travel and Free Time
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

Favourite books so far and recommendations

2»

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,589 Community Veteran
    @Toni I love Stephen king films, so will have to give his books a go! Sounds interesting :) but me being me will have to buy the whole of the, the dark tower series :lol: 

I have so many fav books :lol:  but if I had to pick one it would probably be The lovely bones, it's sad but so beautifully written <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    @mimi I've actually heard about this book before! never read it but might need to give it a go :)<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    So guys what book do I read now? Top shelf is ones i recently got and haven't read, bottom are ones I've read but don't mind reading again 😊💖

• ToniToni Posts: 67 The Mix Staff

@Toni I love Stephen king films, so will have to give his books a go! Sounds interesting :) but me being me will have to buy the whole of the, the dark tower series :lol: 

I have so many fav books :lol:  but if I had to pick one it would probably be The lovely bones, it's sad but so beautifully written <3
    Ahh The Lovely Bones is so sad! Excellent book. 
    BubblesGoesBoo
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,844 Community Veteran
    There’s this new one that has come up on amazon called “the spectrum girls survival guide : growing up autistic and awesome” has anyone read this one and is it with getting ? I’m looking at getting it as I think could be really good for me but don’t want to spend £13 if it’s rubbish 😅
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,942 Boards Guru
    @Millie2787 on amazon with some books there's like a 'look inside' button and you can read some of it for free and see if you like it :)
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,844 Community Veteran
    @aidan it dosent have one :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,942 Boards Guru
    @Millie2787
    It does on my computer, are using your phone? Try ticking the 'desktop site' tick box in your browser settings and see if it works then.

It's very frustrating when you want to get a book but there aren't a lot of reviews yet!
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
  • ToniToni Posts: 67 The Mix Staff
    So I just finished Station Eleven which is an excellent book, but not one I'd recommend reading right now, as it's about a pandemic. I'm not largely affected by what's going on mentally, and even I mulled over it before bed. So bank this one and come back to it as a recommendation.