Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your Best Friend branding opportunity

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
Hey all! We've got an opportunity from Your Best Friend for you to get involved with!

Here's a bit about them:
We know that young women and girls often seek help from each other and online, not from traditional services.

Your Best Friend will empower young women with the knowledge and confidence to spot abuse in relationships and support their friends. Experts from 11 charity and digital organisations have come together with experts by experience - young women and girls - to co-create the materials they wish they had, and place them where they are, online and offline.

What we need from you:
It would be great if you could choose your favourite branding theme from the options below! These are just ideas everything is really flexible if you have any other things in mind (And if you're comfortable you could share a bit about why you chose that one, and any thoughts or opinions around it, or the colour scheme ect)

Here's the link: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEZrdKbs70/V2xkf5J7hHeqM74tqkkfRw/view?utm_content=DAEZrdKbs70&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink
(Alternatively I've also included the images and descriptions below!)

Concept 01(Helping Hand)
8jzj1u1xh55t.jpg
- A helping hand is based on the notion of reaching out for help
- A healthy support system
- A helping hand to guide and support through your hardships
Description: Various images, one with arms wrapping around a heart. Hands intertwining. Arms forming a heart. Several people of different ethnicities holding hands with a heart in the middle.
Concept 02(Illustrative)
x9nywwtq7wf0.jpg
- Strong imagery with a soft approach
- Visuals that represent strength and a strong support system
Description: Various images, one with a group of women hugging. A woman putting her hand up which reads (stop gender violence). A woman's reflection hugging her. A woman speaking with the words (Use your voice). Two girls hugging. A woman with hands on her face that reads(We won't be silenced). One of 3 women that reads (Speak up)

Concept 03(Help-Line)
v054zb6gqj9o.gif
- Simple yet comforting imagery
- Can be translated to any chosen design
- Not overwhelming or intimidating
Description: Various images of drawn people hugging, one with two faces side by side.

The brilliant designer @RaeLBN might pop in to ask further questions :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld

Your Best Friend branding opportunity 12 votes

Concept 01(Helping Hand)
41%
MaisyLucy307Anch0r33_Tech_Addict_GirlPast User 5 votes
Concept 02(Illustrative)
58%
JellyelephantDancerGreenTeacoc0macZenDandelionlovemimoon 7 votes
Concept 03(Help-Line)
0%

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Concept 01(Helping Hand)
    I'm a fan of option 1. I like the softer colours and think they are quite relaxing. The colour scheme is bold enough to stand out although the blue text on the yellow background may not be ideal! It might just be because it's small on my phone but I was struggling a little with it.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    @Eleanor @GreenTea @Dancer I wondered if any of you had any thoughts on why you prefered concept 2 the most?

No pressure, just intrigued :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited April 2021
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    I prefer concept 2 the most because the visuals are great at representing a strong support system which is something important that women really need and there are also the small texts on the image to explain what they represent. Although concept 3 is good because it is not intimidating, I would prefer something that has small explanations of what the images mean. Although concept 1 is good because it represents a support system I just personally loved concept 2 the most. :)<3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    I like Concept 2 because they're powerful and you can tell from looking at the images that it's about women helping women. These images are also a little more abstract but you can still tell what they're about so they hook you in but not so far you've got to prize out the meaning. I do like Concept 1 too but I think when I look at some of the images they remind me of sort of BLM type images. For me Concept 3 could have too many interpretations - for example, when I look at it, it makes me think of mother-daughter relationships.

Those are just my two cents, but I think they're all wonderful! :)
    Alis propriis volat 
    Nice! Thanks @Eleanor , @Dancer and @Anch0r33 for contributing, your thoughts on these will be really helpful going forward!
    Just wondering if anyone else has any views on these. We're looking to send feedback over to the rest of the team on Monday so do pop any thoughts or ideas below :)
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    Apologies, I've been working all week so come on as and when.
    Idk really, I was just attracted most to concept 2. Like I looked at the other ones and just kept going back to it. The images are clear and show strength and are powerful
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    I like 2 the most! I think I slightly prefer the colours of 1, but the concept behind 2 is more empowering. The illustrations show so much strength, power, better together kinda vibes. The first illustrations are a bit more 'soft' I feel!
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    Love 2 the most!

The illustrations in 2 is very straightforward and shows what the brand is about.

I like 1 and 3 as well but 2 shows variety within the brand. I can look at 1 and 3, and see that it's a support system but I feel like 2 is more empowering. Shows strength, love and support within the brand yet empowers us to speak about it. It screams 'this is a safe space and we want you to speak up and speak loud about.' =)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone here to update you all with the winning design! We'd also like to get your opinions on it if you could answer some questions after having a look! :)
    Link: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEdzmh4mLM/Efz8Cg9xqsNfULCr32Z-7A/view?utm_content=DAEdzmh4mLM&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton#8

Questions
    1: What logo colour scheme do you prefer?
    2: What kind of messaging do you want to see on the illustrations?
    3: Which visuals do you prefer?
    (All visuals will change once colour scheme is decided)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on these? We'd love to hear your feedback!
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    Hiya @Emma_

I'm so sorry I thought the post went through!
    Laine wrote: »
    Questions
    1: What logo colour scheme do you prefer?
    2: What kind of messaging do you want to see on the illustrations?
    3: Which visuals do you prefer?

1 - I definitely prefer Logo A. The others are okay but my eyes are instantly drawn to Logo A. It's easy on the eyes.

2 - The type of messages I want to see? Just like a best friend - they're reliable, someone you can talk to when you're having a bad day (safe space), give you a lot of support and advice.

3 - By visuals, do you mean the social slides? If that's the case then I definitely prefer the blue social one. Yellow looks nice but it clashes with the illustrations. Specifically, I'm torn between A and C, but I'm leaning more towards C. Unless you're planning to use all of them then that's cool!

Hope this helps.
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2021
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    I prefer logo A, the colours are nice and you can clearly read the writing on the arm. And on the socials page I like the blue C. I’m a bit confused by the questions lol but I hope this at least answers something
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    Concept 01(Helping Hand)
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 611 Incredible Poster
    Concept 01(Helping Hand)
    I prefer logo A. The colours go well together and the writing is easily seen.

I prefer the blue set of visuals as I feel it allows the girls (and their shadows) to stand out more, making it more impactful. I particularly liked A where they are placed inside a circle....it's more focused, I think. I also really like the 'swipe for more info' too.

I also liked the B on the last but one slide. I felt that having both girls/women in the background was better than just the one and I also liked the logo on the bottom too.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Concept 02(Illustrative)
    I like logo A the most and blue theme for socials! Find these all the most eye catching and easy on the eye. Mind you, they all look fab! :heart:
    edited May 2021
    Thanks everyone for your responses and feedback! We've passed this over to the designer and will make sure to show you the finished designs once they're done :)

If you're interested in getting involved with this project further, feel free to drop @TheMix a PM !