Home Health and Wellbeing
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,265 Wise Owl
    Missing a passed loved one 😢
    SupernovaGreenTeaSkyeDandelionindependent_Past UserLorryTruck
  • LorryTruckLorryTruck EnglandPosts: 268 The Mix Regular
    edited March 30
    omgggggggg
    its so hot im actually dying

edit - im not actually dying obvs its just hot
    Lately I've been feeling so ashamed
    By these thoughts I'm hiding in my brain
    'Cause I've been holding them down but they twist me violently
    I'm hanging by a thread tonight but this time I don't wanna be saved 

So let me fall, let me break
    Under everything unsaid
    Just let me die 'cause I can't take
    Living with what's in my head
    If I surrender, surrender
    To the monsters in me
    Will it set me free?

What's the point of holding on like this?
    When no one seems to care if I exist
    There is no agony like being strong when no one knows you're sick
    So sick of hearing I should stay when I know I would never be missed                Citizen Soldier - If I surrender
    Supernovaindependent_Skye
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 10,877 An Original Mixlorian
    Had a training session today on something I've experienced and it's really triggered memories

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

independent_Skye
    I'm just sat In absolute tears. I'm just a worthless unwanted hated shit on the shoe that nobody wants around. I'm so fucking done with everything at the moment. Stop knocking me fucking down

Astrid Alauda

Dandelionindependent_SkyeLorryTruck
    I really want to come off mirtazapine but a withdrawal side effect is increased suicidal ideation. I keep trying to get an appointment but my doctor's is shit.
    I feel like it's not working for me anymore. Feel like I've taken more steps backwards this past month and I feel in the same place mentally as I did last year only difference is..most my friends have walked away, so I have nobody to support me, guide me, or just simply..be there..

Astrid Alauda

Dandelionindependent_SkyeLorryTruck
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,207 Master Poster
    edited March 30
    @GreenTea definitely worth speaking to your doctor about the meds, they might be able to adjust your dose or something. I’m on mirtazapine as well and there’s a few doses you can be on I think
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    LorryTruckAidanLaine
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,857 Community Veteran
    I’m sick of being ill on and off these last few weeks . My temp keeps spiking and I just feel so headaches and nauseous 🙃
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    SkyeLorryTruckAidanindependent_Laine
  • ShaunieShaunie 🌸 Posts: 12,469 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Going to walk in centre when wake up tomorrow can’t take it anymore
    SkyeAidanindependent_Laine
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 922 Part of The Mix Family
    😭🖤✨
    SupernovaSkyeAidanindependent_Laine
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,963 Boards Guru
    Sending hugs to everyone <3 keep going, you're doing great!
    but idk tho
    independent_LainePast User
    Woken up with a sore throat and headache. I really hope my only time off isn't ruined by being unwell.

Astrid Alauda

independent_SkyeSalix_alba_2019
    Things have been hard. I don't feel like my meds are high enough but I don't want to go up because I don't want to be numb.

independent_SkyeShaunie
    Self harm urges are at all-time high
    independent_Past UserShaunieSkye
  • ShaunieShaunie 🌸 Posts: 12,469 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Tried to go walk in centre but they said it’s a two hour wait and can’t be doing that long my family would be concerned. So rang 111 and asked if needed to go. Only asked about wound and they was like yeah. So o guess I’ll just pretend tomorrow I have overtime and go there instead
    independent_SkyePast UserLaine_Tech_Addict_Girl
    I
    Am
    At
    Breaking
    Point.

Astrid Alauda

I think I’ve got a serious illness I think I r got cancer because my neck is stiff and I have a headache 😭😰
    independent_GreenTea
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Helping Hand
    That sounds so scary @Emoji246 😢 Could you speak to your GP? Chances are, it’s something less serious

Big hugs to you and anyone else who feels like they need one 💚🤗
    independent_GreenTea
    @Liam my mom says no she’s sick of hearing everything that’s wrong with me 😭she says I’m a hypochondria
    Gosh, that’s not very helpful!

What do you think about what she says? It’s pretty natural to worry about our health. Do you have a school nurse you can talk to?
    I hate myself more than everyone hates me.

Astrid Alauda

_Tech_Addict_GirlDandelion
  • ZenZen Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    TW (Trauma)
    I don't think I can ever comprehend how the actions of another person can have such a profound impact on someone's life, the power someone can have over another person when they're not even in their lives anymore. In some ways I'm glad I finally got a PTSD diagnosis, but other times (like now) I hate it so much. Its like a crowd of memories circling all the time when all I want to do is sleep. I've been having the best time being home and I had 1 nightmare and now I feel the need to stay up the whole night. Its never ending
    Alis propriis volat 
    independent_Past UserGreenTeaLaineDandelionAidan
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,207 Master Poster
    Sending massive hugs @Eleanor <3<3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    ZenLaine
    I am not ok.

Astrid Alauda

_Tech_Addict_GirlLaineDandelion
    @Eleanor

And despite it all, despite the hurt, the diagnosis, the nightmares and the trauma you are still one of the most incredible, kind hearted and selfless people to walk the earth.

Your strength and courage never fails to blow me away and I know you’re not a fan of cheese but I am so, so proud of you.

You push through the hurt like an absolute trooper and still give your time to be there for your friends and even strangers, because that’s just who you are.

You didn’t deserve what you went through, no one deserves that but you’ve said it yourself before, it’s helped shape you into the person you are today and we wouldn’t change the person you are today for the world.

Keep being you, keep being strong. We’re all right here cheering you on and we’ve got your back when the road gets a little rocky.

Sending hugs tonight 💚

ZenLaineindependent_DandelionAidan
    @liam *wipes away the tears* that was so sweet ❤️ your words really mean a lot so thank you. It's so easy to lose sight and just to want to give up. You're right, I wouldnt change what happened because it has made me me but sometimes it's awful to think about and it's like being caught in a Web. I love helping other people because I know I appreciate it so much when people help me, I think I just need to turn some of that love on myself sometimes and take care of myself a little more

I hope you're doing okay too pal 💛
    Alis propriis volat 
    Aidan
  • LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,749 Boards Champion
    Hugs everyone ❤️

You got this Zen it's awful when you can't get any sleep, I'm glad you got the diagnosis but I understand how difficult it can be, remember you're not alone with your crowded thoughts and I hope you can get some sleep x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Past UserAidan
    Thank you so much @Laine ❤️
    Alis propriis volat 
    Laine
    Just want a physical hug tbh. I'm really really struggling at the moment. I have been all week but I've been busy. I'm tired of putting on fake smiles. Its mentally exhausting pretending to me ok when you aren't. I feel like I can't do anything without being in the wrong at the moment. Self harming on a more regular basis. Feel like my meds are just making me worse. Im sat out on the door step with a cider in hand crying into the cold night.. fearing what tomorrow will bring. Can't handle anymore shit. I honestly can't. I wish I was understood. I wish my anxiety wasn't invalidated daily. I wish I just mattered. I feel like everyone around me wants me dead and I'm starting to feel like my existence isn't worth it anymore.

Astrid Alauda

Dandelion
    Eleanor wrote: »
    @liam *wipes away the tears* that was so sweet ❤️ your words really mean a lot so thank you. It's so easy to lose sight and just to want to give up. You're right, I wouldnt change what happened because it has made me me but sometimes it's awful to think about and it's like being caught in a Web. I love helping other people because I know I appreciate it so much when people help me, I think I just need to turn some of that love on myself sometimes and take care of myself a little more

I hope you're doing okay too pal 💛

You’re so right, giving up just sounds so easy sometimes. Especially when every day just feels like a never ending struggle but I believe in you and I know you’ve got the strength to push through the bad days. Good days will come, and they will make everything seem sooo worth it. I agree that you should turn some of that love onto yourself more. Maybe let those walls down a little bit and be open to getting support from others rather than always being the person to give it out. It’s alright to share some of that weight, you know?

💛

ZenAidan
    edited April 3
    @Liam You're probably right, it'd probably help to reach out a little more and I agree, good days will come. Its seems strange sharing it 🤣

Hugs to anyone else who needs them too, I don't think I'm the best person to offer words of wisdom right now, but sending hugs
    Alis propriis volat 
    Past Userindependent_Aidan